Jimin

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

 

Jimin

 

 


 

We walk side by side as Jimin's promised to walk me home. Somehow I feel like burdening him since our home is a bit far from each other. He needs to take another path to reach his house which is opposite with mine and I feel quite worried for him to walk home alone. Moreover, the sky is so dark. As long as I know, the way to his house is kind of lightless since the road lamp is broken two days ago yet still no improvement had been taken at that area. Its scared me the most at the thought of him in danger.

Tonight weather also doesn't seem nice since I could see the dark clouds all over the sky but the moonlight and some of stars still could be seen. It didn't totally disappear. The cold wind brush by us and I shiver at how cold and breeze the night wind is. It whistle around the corner, making an eerie howling sound. 

The nature itself didn't help at all. It make my heart become more nervous for some reasons. I don't feel right about tonight. It will be dangerous for us if we still outside here. Plus, I keep hearing some dogs bayed. Sound of some wild dog fighting and barking create a tense atmosphere around us. I look at Jimin but there's no hint of him scared or afraid. He just looks so serene as he is humming to himself while walking beside me. Jimin, why can't I feel like that too? Why am I the only one who keep thinking the bad things by myself. I guess I were traumatized by the way Jimin been stabbed that night. The bad memories of him fall onto the cold ground with a pool of blood keep repeating in my mind. I'm scared.

I don't want Jimin to feel any pain anymore. I want him safe and sound. Once again I turn towards him and hold both of his hand in mine. Jimin seems blank until he feels the warm touch in his palm. He looks at me as he raised his eyebrows, perhaps startled with my sudden action but still, he holds back my hand. 

 

"Are you sure you're going to be okay, Jimin? I mean its kind of late right now." I ask while look around us. I don't feel good somehow. My heart just feel a surge of anxiety.

"Don't worry okay. Its not that kind of late though. I will go home safely. First, let's make sure that you're safely arrive." Jimin said as he tries to reassure me. His words sounds convince in my ears but not my heart. I don't feel assure by those comforting words.

"I think you could just drop me here. I could see my house from here. Its not that far. You should go now." I point my forefinger to my house way while look at him, worried. He should go now. 

"Still, I don't feel its the right thing to drop you here. I already promise you that I will walk you home safely." Jimin insist to walk with me until I reach right in front of my house. Perhaps, he is going to wait for me until I get into the house.  

 

No, you don't understand Jimin. I feel something wrong tonight.

 

"Its already safe here. Trust me, I could go home safely. You should go now because I don't want anything bad happen to you." I slightly annoyed by his action. Its not his task to take me home safely or whatsoever. I could just run from here to my house. It will not take an hour though. He should cares about himself. The guy that almost killed him that night is still wandering around.

"Don't worry okay. I could protect myself." Jimin still insist as he takes a step away from me. This guy....

 

I stop on my pace as I can't take any step further. Slowly, I let go of his hand. I don't understand why Jimin acted this way. Why he is so overprotective? I sigh as I take a look at him. He still clueless, still can't adapt into the situation well. He looks at me as he raised his eyebrows, signing that are-you-okay looks. No, I'm not okay. I know he has a good intention and I appreciate it but this is too much. I should do something to let him understand that I want him to go home now. Its not safe.

 

"Yah, Park Jimin! Stop it, will you?" I said in a low voice, eye setting on the cold ground as I can't look at him into his eyes. Stupid Jimin.

"Why? Are you sick?" Jimin asks as he approach me. Stop it, will you. Stop wherever you are.

"Yes, I'm sick, sick of you so can you just leave now?" My breathe become heavy after I said those words. I still can't look at him.

"Dahee-ah, are you okay? Why are you acting like this?" He seems surprised by my words but still, he talks to me nicely. Can't you just go Jimin.

"No, I'm the one who's supposed to ask you that question. Why are you acting like this? Why can't you just leave when I ask you to leave? Are you dumb? You should worried about yourself more." This time, I raise my head up and look into his eyes. I don't know how can I be so confident to look at him. The moment our eyes meet, I feel kind of guilty. His eyes. Why does it looks so hurt.

"How can I leave you alone? What if something happen to you? I could protect y-" I cut off his words before he finishes the words that I already expected.

"You failed to protect yourself that night and now you want to protect me? Are you joking right now? You can't even protect yourself so you better go now before the night become darker." My eyes widen at my own confession. I cup my mouth with my palm when I realized what I said to him. I don't mean it that way. Its just come out without my realization.

 

He looks at me, hurt and disbelief with my harsh words. Everything become so heavy right now. The air is so suffocating. His eyes is narrowed, rigid, cold, hard. In that moment, I know he is already far away. Jimin's eyes was hard and intense and his stormy aura swirl with angry red.

 

"What are you trying to said right now? I'm weak? I can't even protect myself?" Jimin's chest heaves up and down as he tries to calm down himself. He brush his hair to the back as he close his eyes briefly. His pride is scratch. He squeezes his eyes shut and gritted his teeth.

 

I am taken aback by his sudden action as I never saw him get mad. I want to explain myself but no words come out from my mouth. I'm afraid if I open my mouth one more time, I will ended up hurting him more. We just stand still without doing much. Jimin avoid looking at me as he still tries to calm himself down by looking everywhere except me. The air around us turn awkward and tense. I hate to feel this way around Jimin and I regret for saying those hurtful words. I'm worried about him but I failed to express it properly instead I hurt him while trying to voice my worryness.

There is silence around us, then the sound of one pair of hands applauding. Both me and Jimin turn our eyes at the sound. My eyes widen at the figure in front of us as he is clapping happily while Jimin seems less surprised. He glares at the male figure with his already fierce eyes. My instinct about tonight is right. I don't feel safe tonight.

 

"Well, well, look what we got here." The guy with black is back. He seems to enjoy our little quarrel. "Dahee, you should not trust a guy that couldn't protect you. Look at him, is he even know how to fight? A weak opponent. You should be with me since I know you too well." He said, intentionally mocking Jimin. 

 

White knuckles from clenching his fist too hard, and gritted teeth from effort to remain silent, Jimin hunch form exuded an animosity that was like acid, burning, slicing, potent. His face is red with suppresses rage.

 

"How can you know me too well?" I start to feel insecure. I know he's been following me and there is no use in asking the question with an obvious answer but I still don't want to believe it.

"Are you sure you don't know about it? I believe that you already know that I'd been following you for a long time." He smirks as he folds his arm on his chest.

"And you!" He points at Jimin. "Shouldn't you go now since your presence is kind of ruined the mood here. You are not even capable to do anything." He purse his mouth in a self-satisfied smirk when he sees Jimin's anger is boiling up.

 

Jimin isn't thinking when he let out his boiling antipathy and swing his tight fist, too quick and potent, into the guy's defined face. The impact is like thousands of venomous blades piercing apart his clammed fist. It lead him to one conclusion, that it hurt. He tries to ignore the pain from punching the guy.

There is blood on his knuckles and a bruise above the guy right eyes yet I can't recall the fight itself. It is too quick to be seen. They say they will be hell to pay but Jimin got what he wants.

 

"If you want another round, I'll wait in the shadows, fists lower." Jimin said while breath heavily. He seems so angry that even his eyes is shooting a dagger. If looks could kill.

"Is that what you only could do?" The guy smirks as he spits some blood from his mouth. I can clearly see a cut on his lips. Jimin's punch is no joke.

"I know how you think, you're thinking of bringing a weapon right? Like that night you stabbed me. You can't fight with me without weapon. I'm a sharp shooter too. I hit the target every single time. So come and have a go if you think you're hard enough, otherwise, you know what you can do with yourself." Jimin's voice is so low that it almost sound so dangerous. I guess I don't want to mess up with Jimin anymore.

 

Then, the guy jumps towards Jimin. I don't know who throw the punch first as its get into a messy fight. Jimin's fist is slamming into his face while the guy sink his knee into Jimin's stomach. Blood pools in his mouth. They stumble apart for a brief second to catch their breaths before diving back at each other, eyes narrow in determination. 

The guy dodges Jimin's fist and come up with his own, for a brief instant, he manages to tilt his head back and slam it into Jimins'. Stars burst in Jimin's vision but he shook it off, blinding throwing a sloppy kick. "Is that all you got?" Jimin crows, smirking infuriatingly at him. Jimin's blood hummed in his veins as determination and anger took over.

He throws his body weight behind the fist that edged closer to that guy's face, it hit his jaw with such force blood pooles into his mouth. Pain erupted from the point of impact. The guy grasp Jimin's head in his hand and brings his knee cap up to Jimin's nose, there is a blunt crack and he releases hir dark hair head. Jimin leaks from both his nostrils and his nose was twisted. Jimin draws his fist back again and it plough into his stomach, it is like hitting a train head on. His guts smash together, blood vessels bursting. They continue the battering until one of them fell to the floor.

Jimin chest gently rose and sank with each shallow breath he drew in. They both look terribly beaten up. The guy lays on the floor, unconscious. I witness all the fight and my heart become tight to breathe in. I look at Jimin and he looks so tired. The moment the fight ended, a loud siren fills the air. I call the police when I sense that they are going to fight just now. Finally we see the guy's face but he doesn't look so familiar. I never saw him before. I wonder how can he knows me that well.

The police arrives and two inspector comes out from the car. Before they ask Jimin a few question, I notice that Jimin takes a quick glance at me. He knows that I'm shock by the sudden fight as he answer all the questions by himself. He didn't bothered to call me out and let me explain to the police. The police nods and take the unconscious guy with them. They give a pat on Jimin's shoulder, thanking him before they drive away.

As soon as the sound of the siren seems far away, Jimin takes a few steps towards me and hold my wrist. I can feel that his grip tighten on mine. He drags me to my house yet I don't protest. He still strong even after the fight just now. He is a man afterall. Why did I said Jimin weak in front of him. He must be hurt mentally and physically but he didn't utter a word.

 

"I'm sorry." I whisper loud enough for him to heard yet he still drags me, pretend that he can't hear me.

 

We stop in front of my house as he let go of my hand. The moment he let go of my wrist, I feel empty. As he is about to go, I gently hold his arm, try to stop him for leaving. He is injured badly because of me.

 

"At least, let me treat your wound." I said in a low voice. His back is turning to me and I can't see his face. He slips his arm from my grasp without turning to look at me. He clears his throat once before leaves. "Goodnight." With that one word, he left.

 

Should I run after him or let him go. I mess up my hair as I look at his back that almost vanish into the dark night. It will be cruel if I just let him go with bloods all over his face right, but it almost midnight. Mum and dad will scold me if I don't go home by now.

 

"Ahh, I don't know anymore." I shook my head as I turn to my house and turn back to Jimin's way. I think I should inform mum and dad that I'll be staying at friend's house tonight. After taking care of Jimin's wound, I will ask Hani to fetch me to her house. I could sleep at Hani's house I guess. If only I didn't start the quarrel with him. If only I didn't say those mean words at him. With all my might, I run to where Jimin's house is. I need to repay his kindness and treat his wound. If not, his face might be swollen tomorrow morning. I bet its hurt.