Next page

Don't follow me, byuntae!!


Next page

 


 

As the clouds slowly glide across the beautiful blue sky, the warm rays of the sun are allowed to gloriously shine through the tops of the trees, creating a breathtaking sight, yet, not as painful as that of a tire swing suspended from the branch of a monstrous oak tree, hanging on by its final piece of thread. As a flock of black birds flutter through the blue, I am reminded of how absolutely amazing this place is where I gaze outside the window. 

Perhaps, it is good to have a beautiful mind and heart. I just love how today weather turn so great. I lean on the seat as I turn my head to the window. The sun ray pass through the window and I can feel how warm it was. My eyes hurt from the sudden light as I rub my eyes with both of my palm.

 

"Pretty." I mumble as my eyelid become heavy from the sunlight and I decide to join Mina and Hani who's already in a deep sleep, and take a quick nap before we reach our destination.

 

Busan, I'm coming. 

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

Finally, we arrive at Busan. I sit on my big luggage, but didn't put a lot of pressure on it or my luggage might burst. I put Hani and Mina's luggage beside me so I could watch over it. Hani is checking the bus time on the huge board that hung proudly on the wall above the counter so that everyone could see it. While Mina is buying some coffee for us.

At first, I suggest that we should take a taxi so we can check-in the hotel early and still got some time to stroll around the Busan. But then, Mina disagreed with my suggestion, saying that we should save our money as much as we could by waiting for the bus. So here we are, still waiting for the bus.

Jimin also there. He sits on the bench not far away from ours. Does he's waiting for the bus too? I look at his way as he leans his head on the bench, perhaps tired from the long journey. I hope our next destination will be different.

 

"Yah, Kim Dahee. If you want to approach him, just go." Hani's sudden loud voice make my eyes widen as I quickly dash towards her and cupped with my palm. This girl is really on my nerve. She and her loud voice can attract all of people in here.

"Do you wish to die at Busan or what?" I whisper in annoy as I let go of my palm from .

"Why?" She innocently asks while make a cute face. I just roll my eyes as I turn my gaze towards the busy road. I can hear an evil giggles of Hani and Mina. What a friend.

 

When will our bus come? I'm tired of waiting. Right now, I just want to lay on the soft mattress since my back hurt so much. I blinked my eyes blearily and open my mouth to yawn, I feel thick and slow. The waiting feel like a challenging task where we should alert so we won't missed out our bus. I don't know what to do if we missed our bus.

It'll going to take a few hours for the next bus to come and I just don't want to think about it. As we boringly sit on the bench, something caught my attention. 

Jimin.

He stands from his seats and put his backpack stripe on his shoulder, ready to walk away. I look around the hall and found no bus come yet he seems ready to leave. My eyes just won't leave him alone as it trail to wherever Jimin went.

The taxi stops in front of him and he puts his backpack at the car bonnet. With that, he get into the taxi and disappear into the busy roads. I feel slightly jealous at him since he already on the way to his hometown. How nice is it. 

 

"I bet the bus will come soon." Hani said as she lazily throws herself on the bench while stare into the empty road.

"It should come sooner." Mina adds, not taking away her gaze from her handphone.

"Yeah, it should. In 3...2.....1....Come out!!" I said while point my forefinger at where the bus should stops to take us.

 

...........

 

All of us become more quiet than before. We aren't talkative like before. Just silent fill the air and none of us utter a word. A tiny creak of a floor board, the ticking of a clock, a bird call far in the distance the creak of leather or the rustle of sheets. The softer the sound that can be heard the deeper the silence was.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

The bus arrived after 2 hours of waiting. And now, three of us are already in front of the hotel that full with people on vacation. I look at Mina and Hani as all of us remain silent. We enter the hotel and gosh, there's a sea of people. Seriously, something could be jammed or packed. I feel lost and claustrophobic in the crush of people. I feel like a rat in a maze, every glance showing a block in what at first look appeared to be a clear path through the room.

As we reach the counter, I take a deep breath while hold the counter table. This is so suffocating. 

 

"Okay, who's the one that book a room online?" I lean on the counter while fish out my purse. Hani and Mina seems weirdly quiet right now.

"I thought Mina booked a room." Hani tries to escape the crisis alone. Pushing the bait to Mina.

"But..I thought Dahee already booked a room for us." This time, Mina tries to pass the bait to me. I look at them in disbelief as I really want to punch them hard right now.

"Enough with your 'I thought...' Didn't you two asked me to come here? And you should be the one who booked a room when you asked me that day. You guys said everything is on you." I almost raise my voice to my friends since they look so careless about planning our vacation. I should know them better before I agree to let them do anything. 

 

There's a huge of guilty written on their face as both of them keep lowing their head to the floor as if they see it for the first time. I sigh as I drag my luggage and exit the hotel. What a vacation. Mina and Hani follow behind me quietly, loss for a word.

 

"So, what's now?" I ask as three of us tiredly stand in front of the hotel. Mina smiles mischievously, followed by Hani. I raise my eyebrow towards them, puzzled with those sudden action. What was that? Did they have a hidden agenda?

"Umm..You know right, this is your friend's hometown. So, what if we ask his help." Mina said while tries not to act so obvious.

"Yeah, this is win-win situation. We can save our money by asking for his help for cheapest hotel and you can meet him frequently." Hani adds and I laugh in disbelief.

 

What? Win-win situation? What a joke. I try my best not to bump on him in Busan. And these two crazy girls want me to what? Meet him frequently.

 

"Yah, I never feel this angry you know. Why would I meet him? I don't want to!!" I stomp my feet as I glare at them. They really got me on my nerve. My own anger tends to make me lose self-control, and leaves me emotionally spent. I also tend to say things that I later wish I could un-say.

"Let's meet him right now. Call him or do whatever to reach him." Mina puts her arm on my shoulder and Hani gently push me to walk forwards to wherever Jimin was.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

I let my head low, facing the floor as if I'm doing a terrible crime with both of my hand cross at the back. I'm too ashamed to look at him. With my two friends keep forcing him to find us a house to stay for nights.

At first, I don't want to troubled him but after thinking again, how can we find a vacant room with cheapest price when we're not a local here. Perhaps, Jimin knows it. Fortunately, I got his number from my classmates even I'm not really close to them. They might think that I'm going to confess my love to Jimin since this is my first time talking to them. Plus, asking for Jimin's number.

 

"Can you help us? Pleasseeeee." Mina pleads while Hani acts clingy towards Jimin. Aish, this girls. There's no words coming out from my mouth. I feel like digging a deep hole and buried myself in there.

"I know a cheapest room here but its only can fill two people." Jimin said as his gaze drop to my frozen figure.

"Really? That's a pity." Hani seems sad but then Mina smirks. The girl grinned, but there was something sinister hidden behind her seemingly harmless smile.

"Can you tell us about those room? Both of us could stay there." Mina said. I quickly raise my head with a wide open eyes. What?! How about me?

"Dahee could stay with you, right? Since both of you are friend." Mina adds with more details. I look at them with glaring eyes, mouth gaping slightly, pale but warm, eyes unfocused.

"Ah..If Dahee want it, I don't mind. You can stay with me and my family for a while. Mum will be pleased if I bring my friend home." Jimin explains so we don't misunderstanding. 

"No..no..no." I quickly shook my head with a hand gestures. What the...

 

All this time, never did I thought that I might overnight at his house.

And I don't want to.