Pain

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 


Pain

 


 

 

 

Jimin POV

 

The hospital room is as devoid of beauty as I am of hope. Its walls are simply cream, not peeling or dirty, just cream. There is no decoration at all, save the limp curtain that can separate my bed from the three others in here.  It was perhaps once the kind of green that reminds people of spring-time and hope, but it's faded so much that the hue is insipid. The room as an undertone of bleach and the floor is simply grey. At the far end are windows in brown metal frames, only openable at the top. A lot of person has flowers, cards or home brought food. Some of them are sleeping to pass the time or staring at nothing at all.

 

"Where is J-hope? I thought he's going to be fast." I boringly speak to myself.

 

I look around when I heard a familiar voice outside the room. I think I know this voice. They are too familiar to be ignore. I quickly raise my head up and slowly turn to the door of the room. 

Without I realized, my lips form a little smile. As I guess.

My parent come inside the room with a sad smile when they saw me laying on the bed. Immobile. How I want to greet them so bad that I forgot about the pain I hold all this while. I lift my right hand and wave at them happily. My dad waves back but my mum isn't that sporting.

They march towards me and I sense something dangerous. My mum almost hit me while a tears fall down from her brownish eyes. Her modestly downcast eyes. 

 

"How can my son laying in the hospital with this condition. Poor my one and only son." She's bawled out her eyes while looks at me with dejected. Dad tries to persuade her so her voice won't disturb any patient nearby.

"I'm okay mum. Don't worry." I told a white lies when I'm not really okay right now.

"Look at those blood on your bandage! How can I'm not worried about you. You're so clumsy." I understand her feeling when I, myself can't even look at my condition right now. How pathetic.

 

I'm sorry mum and dad for making you guys worried.

 

"Its okay darling. He's a guy after all. All guy needs to be in this condition to become a grown up man." Dad tries to convince her once again but failed miserably.

"How can you say that? What if he's not being stabbed at the stomach..What if.." Mum sobs when she imagines extreme things that could happen to me.

 

This is not good. I feel kind of guilty right now. Plus dad's words don't even help.

 

"Don't say like that. Just be grateful that he's okay right now." This time, dad sounds a bit strict. Perhaps, dad also scared of losing me.

"Okay mum and dad. Let's stop imagine that I could die." And I regret my last words.

 

"PARK JIMIN!"

 

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

After half an hour talking with my parent, they finally decide to go home. I told them not to worried about me and go home safely.

It's kind of boring when there's no one to talk with me. I yawn, feeling sleepy all of sudden but then I remember something. Someone.

 

Dahee.

 

My eyes wander around the room in uncomfortable way. If this is the feeling of staying at hospital, then I don't want to be here any longer. I just want to leave this building and get discharged right now, at this moment. Its kind of dragging my energy and make me become lifeless.

 

"Ahh, whatever!" After having a mind battle with myself, I pull out the IV that they put in my arm. 

 

I feel the pin prick on my arm when I pull out the IV. I close my eyes for a second while bearing with the sudden pain. The bandage on my stomach isn't so much help. I have a terrible pain in my stomach every time I try to stand up or sit straight. Standing on both of my feet, the electric shock surpass my whole body and I automatically bend down while both of my palm press on my injured stomach.

Unknowingly, I groan in pain. 

The nurse comes one by one and they seems shocked with my current position. One of them quickly hold my arm and try to get me back on the bed while another one are calling the doctor. I try to fight back but with my condition right now, its seems like I don't even try. I hate it that I can't do anything. Helpless.

The nurse success in making me lay back on the bed and put the IV back into me. I close my eyes while bear with this pain on my stomach. My breathing become more stable than before as I try to compose myself.

A minutes later, the doctor came with the nurse. I could see something that I really hate in the doctor's grip. A syringe. 

The doctor shorten our gaps and he stands right beside my bed. He talks with the nurse in really slow voice that I really can't figure it out. Then, he gives me an injection and everything become blurry in a second. 

Before I know, the room feel like moving and I feel dizzy. I try hard to fight back the urge to sleep but I become too weak to even lift my hand up.

As I'm about to close my eyes, I saw two figures stand in front of me. One of them are crying. But I can't see clearly who is that. Why is she crying? Why do I feel so sad?