Pit-a-pat

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 


 

Pit-a-pat

 


 

My hand went up to my face and before I had a chance to wonder what had caused it, a rain of small pebbles fell from the sky. The delicious breath of rain was in the air. I run back to the school hall where there is a rooftop that can shield me from getting wet. I'm envious at some of student who's going back with their parent with a car. They don't have to worried whether they should wait for the rain to stop or just run into the rain.

 

"Ah..What should I do?" I sigh as I plop down on the bench at the hall. The school provided the bench anywhere so a student like me could use it to kill the time.

 

The rain pitter-pattered on the rooftop as there's no sign of its to stop. Scanning around, I just lean on the bench while waiting for the sun to come out. Swaying my leg front to the back, I close my eyes for a while with both of my palm pressed lightly on the bench. Weirdly, I found myself listening to the soothing sound of the rain. Usually, I don't really like when the thick grey clouds cover the light blue sky since I really love being under the sun.

Ignoring my feeling, I open my eyes and the second I opened it, I scream out loud with my hands on my face. Try to cover it. My voice drown in the sound of the rain and I'm sure no one will heard it.

 

"Yah, ert!" I manage to move my hand from my face before spitting those words in anger. 

 

Of course I'll startled at the sudden action of that Park Jimin. He bend down his back so our eyes level met and I swear that our face is just an inch away. I could feel his hot breathing into mine. Yet, he didn't said anything when I close my eyes just now. Just how long did he stood there doing nothing but stare at my face. 

Hearing my shrieking, he just let out a light chuckles and straighten his back. Then, the air turn into an awkward silent. He just standing there without doing much and I just sit there and stare at the floor. None of us utter a words nor make some noise until I saw a quick bright light outside the school hall.

I quickly stand up from the bench and standstill in front of Jimin. Our gap are so close but it don't effect me at all since I know the sound of loud lightning can be heard in any second after I saw the tremendous flash of lightning just now. As I expected, a bright fork of lightning struck the clouds ahead and the outburst of thunder was deafening.

Jimin seems taken aback with my sudden action as he stares at me.

 

"Are you okay?" He seems surprised as he holds both of my shoulder. His face shows a sign of worried as he hold me tight but not to hurting me. I just look at him, eye widen, mouth agape with incredulity.

"You seems alright with the thunder. Don't you surprise?" Instead of answering the question, I question him back.

"No...." His eyeball went from the right to the left. As if he's checking something.

"Should I be surprised?" I facepalm myself.

"Woahh, you sure a brave one. I almost scream when I heard the thunder just now. Good things you are here." I bluntly confess my feeling. And without Dahee's knowledge, Jimin's ear turns bright red.

 

He didn't even startled at the sound of the thunder. Is he really a human being? I was so shock to the point that I'm trembling. I love how lightning struck on the dark cloud and at the same time I'm scared of lightning. That's a weird of me. Still trembling, I stumble to the bench and plop down before I fall down. Jimin also sit beside me, convince me in silent. The present of him make me relieved. Once again, there was an explosion like a sonic boom and I fear for my safety. 

I quickly move both of my leg onto the bench while hide my face on the knee. This time, the lightning sounds so loud that I think the roof might broke. In the midst of rainstorm and terrify, a warm hand suddenly wrap around my shoulder. Slowly, I look at Jimin.

 

"I know you're having such a hard time with this. I can see you crying and it will be okay if you could lean on me and trust me." Those sweet words that come out from Jimin's mouth make me stunned for a while and my pulse beat faster.

 

Should I? :)

 

Perhaps, I should. As I'm about to lean on him, something hit my mind and make me change my decision. Yesterday night. Where Jimin and me had some sweet moments at the library. So embarrassing! I turn away, face burning, yet fingers icy cold. I cover my face while shake my head hardly, trying to forget about those moment. Jimin seems surprised for second time when he saw me shaking my head hardly. He takes off his hand from my shoulder as he holds my hand that cover my face.

 

"Yah, Kim Dahee! Is everything okay?" Jimin looks straight into my eyes and his face shows worried.

"Ah, no no. I'm okay. Nothing to be worried off." I become panic as I jump off from the bench and stand straight on my leg. I shut my eyes for a while as those memories with him still freshly play on my mind. So embarrassing!

"I guess I'm going home now." I quickly run away from Jimin and decide to walk home in rain. 

"Yah, wait for me." Jimin also jump off from the bench and tagged behind me. Realizing that he was behind me, I fasten up my pace and start jogging. He still follows me. Then, the jogging become running.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

"Yahhhhhh, stop from following me!!" I scream loudly even I know he won't hear me since the rain is pouring heavily and my voice drown into it.

 

I turn to the back and found no one following me. That's weird. I'm positive that Jimin is chasing after me just now. Maybe he lost my track. I don't know why I ran away but I certainly sure it is because yesterday incident. I rush to the small stall near me and stay there for a while. Maybe until the rains stop from pouring down.

 

"Yahh, Park Jimin! Don't play prank on me." I said out loud but whisper at the end because I know its no use.

 

Speaking about yesterday, I need to found out who's the culprit that trap Jimin in the library. I know someone plans on it. Perfect crime. I sigh as I know its hard to find that culprit and I'm not talented to be a detective. I crouch down while staring at the puddle on the road. The rain just won't stop.

 

What is it that makes the clouds extra upset today? 

 

This daytime rains smells sweet. A smell so fragile that I need to inhale deeply to guess its fragrance, clean and crisp like mountain air. Childhood memories of searching for four leave clover, cartwheels and skipping home. Coolness surround my shoulders and I close my eyes to relish the smell of the rain.

 

"Say Jimin, who's did that to you?" I whisper while my eyes sight drown into the small puddle.

 

 

Meanwhile, when Jimin is chasing after Dahee, he spots something, no, practically someone behind the tree. The guy keeps looking at Dahee while hiding in his hideout. He didn't realized that Jimin notice his action.

 

"Who is he?" Jimin decides to stop following Dahee and hide behind some big tree near the guy. He seems suspicious. The way he's stalking Dahee makes Jimin angry.

 

Hiding behind the tree, Jimin curls his hand into a fist. His sharp eyes complete the looks. He seems like killing someone right now. His heart tells him that something fishy about that guy. He can feels a bad aura on him. Somehow, Jimin recall something.

 

Something about the guy.

 

Is it him the same guy that he saw that day when Dahee walked through a dark alley. Those figure does look like him. The rain still pouring heavily and its hard to follow that strange guy. Jimin tries to approach him by walking quietly towards him but his effort is a waste when the guy disappear into a busy road. He wants to catch him but he can't because of raining. His vision become blur when the wind hit his face along with the rain drop.

 

"Aishh! Where did he going?" Jimin cursed under his breath, slightly disappointed of himself.

"Who are you?" He stares into the busy road where the strange guy vanish into nowhere.

 

The situation feels like time-lapse where all the cars moved two times faster than before and there he is, standing with loss of words, tries to search for an evident.

 

 


 

Flashback

 

After Dahee went back to home leaving Jimin alone at the library, he knows that this is the only chance to get rid of Jimin. He always observes that girl. She is beautiful like the way she used to be. The way she smiles makes him smiles more. Who is that girl? Perhaps, his destiny.

 

But...he always saw Jimin whenever he stalking the girl. He hates it when Jimin get near her. 

 

"What the hell boy?! She's mine!" He curses while waiting for his chance to get rid of Jimin. 

 

Right after Dahee left, he grins evilly while walks to the library door. With a steel in his hand, he close the door slowly and put the steel between the handle of the door. Its not very hard to do this. He glance at Jimin before flew off from the crime place. There's a triumphant smile on his face.