Locked

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

Locked

 


 

 


After Jimin asked me to go home, I just agree since I don't want to spend my time with him. We're not even friends. We just stranger that happen to bump on each other in school time. There is so much things I'm going to do with my friends. Not him. Why would I cares for him?

Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes for a while and open it back. I enjoy a quiet saunter down the road. I never feel this calm after changing my school. Today is the best day for an outdoor activity. Just look at the sky!

Glorious, heavenly light shone through the light, wispy clouds, signifying a new day. They parted, presenting a beautiful sky beneath. It was mesmerizing, how simple it looked yet it seemed to hold every one of our thoughts, our dreams, our secrets. It was smiling.

And ignorant people will only say, "it's only the sky."

They should appreciate the nature more. 

I stop by at the cafe and put my bag on the table outside. I pull the zip open from the bag and take out my earphone. With this amazing weather, I should enjoy it with music. I plug in the earphone in my ear and connect it to my handphone. I scroll the playlist on my phone and select my favorite song.

 

Done.

 

I leave the cafe and continue my stroll to home. As I takes a few steps from the cafe, I don't feel really good. Its feel like I am under someone gaze. I quickly pause the song and I heard a footstep behind me. Its so close yet inaudible. I stop my pace and stand still on my spot. Without thinking twice, I turn to my back and found nothing behind me. Who is it? Or am I misheard?

Why I feel like someone is following me?

Turning back to the front, I walk like nothing happen. Perhaps, I am tired. That's all.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

After Dahee went home, Jimin cleans the library alone. He arranges the books and segregate to its origin place. Its seems like everyone is really going home since its too quiet here. No voice, no chatting, no laughter. Jimin takes a sit after 15 minutes cleaning. He leans his back on the chair while whistling to himself.

 

"This is so boring. I have no one to talk." Jimin sit straight on the chair as he slams his hand on the table.

 

He needs to stay at the library for about 30 minutes and 15 minutes just passed. So, 15 minutes more is bearable. Plus, he already done with all these books. He already wasted his 15 minutes to arrange all of this books.

Feeling lonely, he fish out his phone from the pocket of his pants and stares at it. He sighs when he realized that his phone is switched off. Low battery perhaps. He just shrug off as he lays his head on the table while his phone still in his grip.

After success acted like a gentleman like how the books told him, his lips curved upwards. Happy with his decision to let Dahee went home earlier. Will Dahee changes her mind about him. Will his image in Dahee's eyes become more better.

If so, he doesn't mind to acts like that everyday. Indeed, he likes her.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

The clock rings loudly to inform people that its already midnight. 0000 AM.

 

"Ouch!" Jimin holds his head with both hand since the sound is too loud and annoying. He's having a headache because of the noise. If he can throws the clock, he already do it.

 

Rubbing his eyes, he stretch his arm while began yawning and looking at his watch. 0000.

 

His eyes wide open after saw the time right now. He overslept at the school library. Jimin quickly stand up from the chair and rush to the exit door. He prays inside his heart that the door would open for him.

 

Locked.

 

His eyes widen in surprise as his mouth hang open. No way. It can't be right! He turns the door knob harshly but there's no sign of the door to open. He bangs on the door while kick the door continuous. Still, no changing. Jimin seems frustrated with his situation right now. He's being locked in the school. What a day.

Taking a few steps to the back, he's ready to rammed his whole body on the door. Maybe this way will do. He takes a deep breath before he dash into the door and rammed his right shoulder on it. 

 

"Ouch!" He shrieked in pain as he feels the sudden pain on his shoulder. He rub the sore part but the pain still won't faded. He bets his shoulder must leave a big blue bruised. Its hurt so much,

"Ahhh, I know this trick won't success." He mutters to himself as he sits on the cold floor. All emotion hits him. Sad and angry.

 

Jimin sighs out loud as he looks at his black screen phone. He press the button and it leave a scar in his heart. 1 percent more. The phone make a noise whenever the battery are low and with that, its off by itself. The last melody that came out from the phone broke Jimin's heart. What the...

Why things like this always happen whenever I'm in bad situation. He throws his phone beside him and buries his face on his palm. He hates himself for dozing off too long. He can't hate or shout for help because he knows no one is here. A person who want to go to school at midnight is sure crazy and yet he is here. Still in school.

The night at the school is surely scary when you're alone. At school library. Full of books. Mostly history. The sound of the old window crack due to the cold wind outside really make Jimin crazy. He's scared but he tries not to think about scary stories.

But the worst is always worst. He keep thinking about ghost. What if a girl with long hair come out from the bookshelf or what if an old man appear from the reading section. Those thought really suffocating. 

 

"Ah, I really hate it!" Jimin mess up his hair as he close his eyes.

tumblr_inline_muxx6hGT961s0gyrx.jpg

I lazily laying on the bed as I play with my phone. 0000AM. Its already late yet I didn't feel sleepy. Did Jimin already went home? Of course he would. Its already midnight for God sake. And why would I worried about him. I shake my head quickly as I put my phone beside me. The softness of the bed can't put me into sleep. I turn my body to the right to get a better position to sleep, then left as I close my eyes, then right as I hug my pillow, the left as I cover myself with blanket.

 

"Ahhh. Its so annoying!" I throw all of my things and wake up to sitting position. Why can't I sleep? I hit the bed and start to groan alone. Maybe I should drink something.

 

I decide to go to the kitchen. Putting both of my leg on the carpet, I stand up from the bed and flick open the switch of my table lamp. The orange yellowish color allow me to see in the dark so I will not collide with anything. I exit my room and walk straight to the kitchen. 

As I reach the kitchen, I swear I see something with long hair on the chair. She sits at our dining table with her back facing me. To add the worst, she's wearing white. She sit there static without make a lot of movement. Who is it?

 

Ghost?

 

Suddenly my leg can't move after those words remain in my mind. Ghoul? Oh, no! I start to shake and my eyes can't take off from the back of her. I want to scream but there's no voice come out from my mouth. I got a goosebump when the girl suddenly move to the left and to the right. Slowly. Like she's talking something or....dancing?!

 

"Are you awake?" The ghost asks me and at that time, I scream loudly like a siren of police car. 

 

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

 

The voice is like mum but a little bit husky.

 

She turns to me and to my surprise, her face is so white like she's been possessed. I cried out loud but the tears never come out. Just a loud voice. I wonder if I might wake up all my neighbor.

 

"AAHHHHH, HELP ME!!!"

"Shutttt....You are going to wake up all of our neighbour." She said as she approach me. 

"Daeun ah! This is your mum." 

"AAAAAHHHHHH"

"And stop screaming!"

 

I manage to stop when I heard mum's voice. The sudden crying make my head feel dizzy. I'm not use to make such a loud voice but mum is quite scary. She really looks like a ghost.

 

"Why are you here at this time?" I ask as I calm down myself.

"I just staring at your school library. The light still on." Mum said as she pointed out to my school at the window that almost look like a small square.

 

My house is not really far from my new school and I can see the school library too. Yeah, like mum said. Why the light still on? Is anybody there? Who's the crazy person who dared to go to the school at this time.

Then something hit my mind. Jimin. Like seriously, didn't he went back home?! But why the light is still on! I become more anxious at the thought of Jimin is still there. 

 

No way!