First time

Don't follow me, byuntae!!

 

"If love was a storybook, we'd meet on the very first page."

 


 

An atmosphere of ading gloom hung in the air. All of us stay quiet for a while after hearing Mina's creepy story. The impact of her story left our jaw hung open. The night was silent but for the sound of the raging storm moving closer.

 

"Yah, stop it!" Hani throws the pillows that she holds all the time at Mina. Realizing the flying pillow dash towards her, Mina quickly block it but failed anyway. It hit right on her face. Poor Mina.

"Ouch! Yah, how dare you throws that pillow on my face?!" Mina seems furious when Hani threw the pillows towards her. Meanwhile Hani seems clueless but I just shrug it off. I know they will reconcile within a minute.

"Are you sure the ert always following you anywhere Mina?" This time, I let out a question since I really curious about her story just now. Does a ert still exist? I mean this is 21st century.

"Of course. It's bothering me." Mina pouts as she takes an abandon pillow behind her and embrace it in a tight hug.

"Why don't you report this case?" Hani suggests the solution but I don't think it will be that easy to trace a ert.

"I want but I don't know how. Ah, forget about it." Mina sighs as she covers her face with the pillow. Looks like she already give up with this whatsoever case.

 

Hani and me share a quick glance before we look at the lifeless Mina. Even we feel sorry towards her, we still can't do anything though. I don't know the feeling to be followed by strangers so I assume it must be unpleasant.

The air suddenly turn gloomy as none of us dare to utter a word. I want to cheer Mina up so the pillow battle will do right? *evil laugh. Before start the war, I secretly prepare myself as I change my seat to a strategic place. No one notice it though since they're too busy in their own world.

Happy with my new hideout, I slowly reach for the pillow and without giving any signal, I throw it to Mina and Hani. The pillows reach them and both Mina and Hani are surprise by my sudden attack. They seems take aback with my action but it's just for a sec. Understand the situation, both of them attack me in sync and I quickly defend myself even I know I will lose the battle.

 

"Yah, yah!! Stop it!" I scream while block the blow with my arm. How can both of them team up and attack me like that. It's unfair.

 

Hearing my loud voice, Mina and Hani stops as they stare at me. Then, they high 5 each other before laugh out loud at me. I pout as I brush my arm. Even the pillow is soft but I need to admit that it's still hurt though. But it's okay, if they are happy then I should be happy too. I smile when they're laughing like crazy people.

 

"Ah, right. Dahee, you will transfer to other school tomorrow right?" Hani asks when we done with our craziness. Mina looks at me and I stop for a while.

 

Yeah, I will transfer tomorrow.

 

"Yes." I just give them a quick hum and look at my hand. I don't like to transfer but my dad needs to change his workplace so I can't argue with it.

"Just want to remind you to take care of yourself." Mina said as she pats my back gently. It's so comforting.

"Don't bump into a ert." Hani adds as she laughs her off. I look at her in disbelief. What? ert?

"Yah, don't said like that." I yell at the thought of ert. No way!

"And you better make more friends." More friends? No, I already have them. 

 

With that, the pillow battle seems to go on.

I stand as straight as I could, which was not very straight, since I spent nearly 15 minutes in an uncomfortable and awkward position. The homeroom teacher looks at me who's almost disappear into my own silhouette because of my 'new' classmate's behavior.

I mean, no one pay attention to me. Plus, I'm a new student. 

 

"Quiet student! We have a new student here." The teacher finally speaks out for me and all of the eyes now are looking at me. I brush my hand secretly behind my back as I break into a cold sweat. Somehow, I feel nervous. 

"You may introduce yourself." The teacher whispers at me as he takes a few back steps.

 

No! Don't leave me alone here.

 

My heart beat faster than I thought. I never know the feeling of standing in front the class where all student are eyeing you are so unbearable.

 

"My name is Kim Dahee. I'm new here so please take care of me." I bow politely as I keep a tight grip on my skirt.

 

After straighten my back, the atmosphere in the class return to normal. All of them seems uninterested with a new student I guess. I look at the teacher to ask about my seat but he already writes our new topic on the white board. How passion.

Knowing that the lessons will start sooner or later, I found myself an empty seat near the window at the corner of the class. Looks like this is the only seat that still available.

 

Someone P.O.V

When Dahee first enter her new class, someone keep looking at her. Dahee seems careless about 'his' existence since this is her first day in this school. Still, his gaze won't leave the girl figure alone. Somehow, he feels pity towards the girl because his classmates gives her a hard time in front of the class.

As she introduces herself, the guy smiling to himself while cross his arm on his chest and lean his back on his chair.

 

"Kim Dahee." He talks to himself as his lips curls into a tiny smile. Those name keep lingering on his mind and he really wants to knows the girl better.

"Yah, are you okay?" A guy named J-Hope waves his hand in front of his dazed friend.

 

No answer.

 

*another waves.

 

Still, no answer.

 

..........

 

"Ouch! Yah, J-Horse! Why did you hit me?!" Jimin caress his head while give a death glare to his friend. This guy really spoiled his mood. He wants to stare at her in peace but this guy really won't let his wish come true.

"Because looking at you in dazed really annoy me to the point that I want to hit you." J-Hope speaks as what his brain thinks about Jimin. It does annoy him.

 

Acting serious didn't match Jimin. At all.

 

Why?

 

Because both of them are known as the dork in their class so it's hard for J-Hope to accept a new side of Jimin. It's not like J-Hope hated it, he just can't accept Jimin acts like that. It's annoying yet funny.

 

"Is it because of the new student?" J-Hope randomly guess the reasons of Jimin acts differently.

"Yes." He answers it without hesitation. "I want to know her better." Jimin adds.

 

J-Hope nods as he knows what to do. He looks at Jimin and grins like a Cheshire cat. Then, both of them turn their gaze to Dahee and nod in sync. The exactly know what they're going to do. As they look at Dahee's seat, the girl feels something and look back at both of them.

Automatically, both Jimin and J-Hope grinning cheerfully. Indeed, the dorkies.

As soon as I found my seat, I feel an evil aura looking to my direction. I try to ignore those feeling but somehow, it's get stronger and stronger.

 

"Why I feel like someone look at me?" I put my bag on the table and take out my book, ready to learn something new.

 

5 minutes later...

 

I still feel like under someone, no, I don't think it's someone. Perhaps, under more than one person's gaze. This is not right. I should find out the culprit that keeps looking on my way.

Slowly, I turn to my right side and found out two guys who are looking at me. As soon as our eyes met, both of them grin at me. My eyes widen at the sight and I quickly turn my head to the front.

 

"What with those guy?"

"No way.."

"Are they....."

"No, no."

"They aren't, right?"

 

Okay, let's just assume that I'm wrong.

 

I try to ignore both of them and focus back to the front

At the end of the class, the class president bid a farewell to the teacher and all of them start to find their own way out. I keep my things inside my bag and get ready to leave the class when someone stand in front of my table and stop me from moving.

I raised my head up and found out the same guy who keep looking at me just now standing in front of me.

 

"What?" I try to be polite at my first day in this school. Plus, he's the first one to approach me.

 

Waiting for his forever responds, I stand from my seat and ready to leave the class. What with this guy? He's the one who's approaching me then acts like nothing happen.

 

"I'm leaving now." I take a few steps then check out for him who's standing there, doing nothing.

 

Still, no respond.

 

I walk away from the class and leave the school. Nothing interesting in this school.

 

"Ah, I hate walking alone and look like outcast." I mumble alone as I kick the pebble randomly.

 

The weather is quite hot since I can see my shadow clearly on the road. But then, I see someone else shadow behind me. Maybe a jaywalker. I don't expect much.

As I reach the junction, I take a left path and I still can see a shadow behind me. Who's behind me all this time? I turn to my back and found out the same guy at the class just now. He didn't look at me but stop when I turn to him.

 

Did he followed me? No, right.

 

I turn back to the front with a positive thought like 'maybe his house is the same way as mine or maybe he lives at the same area with me.'

I continue my journey to home and I can feel that they guy also starts to walk forward. Then, something cross my mind.

 

"A ert?" No way, no way.

 

With only single word linger in my mind, I run as fast as I could while scream non-stop, leaving him behind.