CHAPTER 37 – IF WE LOVE AGAIN

Yes! I do

 

“EVERYONE DESERVES A SECOND CHANCE, FORGET THE PAIN AND LOVE AGAIN”

                                

It’s been a week since the encounter with Soojung, Sica has been dozing off, cry then smiles. How she wishes that moment could last forever, to hold Soojung in her arms and never let go.

 

“Miss Jung?” a soft knocks from her secretary knock her off from her daydream as she wipes her tears before facing the lady.

 

“Miss Kim is here, shall I let her in?” the secretary smiles at her boss, seeing the trace of the tears from the boss’s face.

 

“Yes, she’s just here to accompany me for lunch.” The CEO nodded her head. The secretary bows her head and leaves the door open which Taeyeon enter with a wide smile on her face.

 

“Sica~ let’s go out for lunch.” Taeyeon hop in the chair in front of the CEO tables.

The CEO turns to face her with her brow raised and smiles.

 

“Sure tae.” The CEO stood up and they both headed to a restaurant minutes away from the CEO’s company.

 

*

 

The two settle down by the window side of the restaurant, silence filled their table. The CEO still thinking about the encounters with Soojung while the other woman sighs seeing the CEO spacing out again. Since they came back from jeju, the CEO would sighs, smile and sometimes burst out in tears and she would just hug the CEO.

 

“Your order ladies.” A young waiter smiles as he serves their dishes and left.

 

“Sica, are you all right?” Taeyeon brushes off the silent treatment.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.” The CEO smiles but the sadness in her eyes can’t be cover up from the doctor in front of her.

 

“Sica, you can tell me everything. You know that, I’m your doctor and a friend at the same time.” Taeyeon took the CEO’s hand and held it. The CEO look at the doctor in front of her, sure she’s been there since that moment and never left the CEO in case she breaks down again.

 

“I’m fine Taeyeon-ah~ I just don’t know how to tell you, I.. it seems to impossible, you’ll just laugh at me.” The CEO laugh bitterly.

 

“Try me, I’ll believe you.” said Taeyeon in a serious face.

 

“That time where I fainted…” the CEO started with hesitation.

“I saw Soojung…” a lone tear escape from her eyes.

 

“she, was really there… I saw her with my own eyes and told me things. She said she’s been by my side all this time and that she knows everything. Everything Taeyeon including you pretending to be Taejon.” The CEO continues as she wipes her tear.

 

“is that it?” Taeyeon smiles, the CEO look at her in confusion.

 

“There this story when I was a kid, that when a person dies with the feeling of emptiness, they are given a chance to search for a reason for them to be contended at least. Maybe Soojung couldn’t go because she’s still worried about you. She cares for you sica~ I know I didn’t get the chance to meet her but I know she’s kind hearted like you.” Taeyeon explains with a smile.

 

“You really is something Kim Taeyeon.” The CEO shakes her head and smiles.

 

“Let’s just eat, okay?” Taeyeon motions her spoon and fork.

 

The two finished their meals and Taeyeon was paying the bill since she’s the one who wants to eat outside. The CEO was standing outside the restaurant.

 

“Jessica-unnie~” an American tone voice called the attention of the CEO as she turn to see the owner of the voice.

 

“Shannon~” The CEO gasps.

Jessie-unnie~ how’ve you been?” Shannon hugs the CEO not knowing the piercing eyes from the restaurant.

 

Never better, it’s a good thing you finally visits korea.” The CEO smiles as she brushes the American girl hair.

 

Well, I’ve finally decided to follow your steps unnie, you gave me that courage to do what I want, and I’m more than happy right now.” Shannon smiles widely, just then the door opens and revealed the half-mad doctor.

 

Oh? She looks familiar.” Shannon asks confused. The CEO turn to see Taeyeon behind her.

 

Taeyeon, this is Shannon, my friend in U.S, Shannon, this is Doctor Kim, she came from a university in U.S too.” Jessica introduced them.

 

I see, you’re that intern I saw in star bucks and that time when you we’re visiting the States.” Shannon nodded her head, her eyes diverting back and forth at the two young ladies in front of her with a smile on her face.

 

Anyways, I have to go for a photo shoot unnie, I’ll see you around. Nice meeting you Taeyeon unnie.” Shannon bows at them.

 

“Nice meeting you too.” Taeyeon smiles at the disappearing Shannon.

 

The CEO turn to face the doctor who was frowning by herself and smiles.

“Why such long face Taeyeon?” The CEO chuckles.

 

“Seriously, I thought she’s your girlfriend or something back then and until just a while ago.” Taeyeon sighs.

 

“Ahaha, are you jealous?” The CEO laugh and walk first followed by the blushing doctor behind.

 

“I’m not jealous.” Taeyeon mumbled. The CEO turn to face her and smiles.

 

“It’s written all over your face; don’t deny it, hahaha…” The CEO heartily laughs.

 

“Am not.”

 

“Yes, you are” the CEO sticks her tongue playfully.

 

“Am not.” Taeyeon pouted.

 

“Cutttiiiiee~ but you’re still jealous.” The CEO smiles before turning her back at the doctor and continue walking.

 

“Would it change something if I’m jealous?” The doctor asks in audible voice enough for the CEO to hear and stop in her track to face her.

 

“Tell me sica, would it change something if I tell you I’m jealous? That I still feel something for you?” Taeyeon looks up to face the CEO’s eyes.

 

“I… I don’t know Taeyeon-ah~”

 

“I… I don’t want to talk about that for now.” The CEO added.

 

“Why?” Taeyeon sighs.

 

“Fine, I’ll wait anyway, I won’t rush. Take your time.” Taeyeon smiles as she pats the CEO’s head and walk first.

 

“Don’t wait for me Tae; I may not come back being the person I use to be. I’m afraid, you’ll leave me again.”

 

“Come on, let’s get you back to your office so you could space off.” Taeyeon jokingly laughs.

 

“Oh, shut up tae~” The CEO roll her eyes playfully.

 

*

 

“Jessie~ how are you feeling? I heard what happened in jeju from Taeyeon.” Tiffany pouted as she pulls her best friend for a hug.

 

“Is that why you’re here? Fany I’m fine, you should be resting, I know you’re tired from your flight.” The CEO sighs seeing worried for her best friend.

 

“I’m fine as long as you’re fine. I don’t like seeing you sad or crying, you know that. Just tell me anything, okay?” tiffany hugs her again and this time the CEO burst to tears.

 

“Just cry, just cry it all out, I’m here. Okay?” Tiffany rubs the Jessica’s back as they hug by the couch in the CEO’s house.

 

“I saw Soojung, she told me I have to be happy, she told me she’ll be here always for me. She told me that she loves me and that I have to go on without her, tell me tiff~ how can I go on without her? my Soojung, my only Soojung.” The CEO sobs.

 

“I know, I know, just cry your heart out okay? We all know Soojung loves you and who knows? She’s watching you right now and she’s hurting because you’re crying because of her. She’ll be sad, you know that.” Tiffany smiles as she wipes the CEO’s tears.

 

“You should try to accept those things that we can’t undo. The person who left us will not be back, treasure these people who are by your side right now. I’m always here, Taeyeon and everyone who loves you.” Tiffany added.

 

“We love you Jessie, and we don’t want to see you like this, so broke and vulnerable. I mean yeah I don’t like the cold sica but seeing you like this hurts us too.” Tiffany cup her face.

 

“I’m sorry for making you worried.” The CEO said in between sobs.

 

“It’s okay, you know we got your back no matter what. So, guess I’ll be sleeping here gorgeous ice princess.” Tiffany wink and laughs at the CEO’s disgusted expression.

 

“Ewww~ you sounded like you fell for me.” The CEO laughs.

 

“Oh~ I already loved you right from the moment our eyes met.” Tiffany said in a poetic type.

 

“That was when we we’re still in diapers tiff.” The CEO roll her eyes playfully.

 

“yeah right. Does that mean I love you since we we’re in diapers?” tiffany smiles seeing the CEO glared at her.

 

“Fine, I don’t know when exactly but that doesn’t change the fact I love you.” Tiffany winks.

 

“Love you too, tiff.”

 

“Ewwww~ ahahaha” they both said in chorus.

 

*

 

Days turns to weeks and weeks turns to months, Jessica was shining bright these days according to Taeyeon that is, she’s been with CEO in lunch and during dinner, picking what’s good for the CEO health and body need. Sometimes tiffany would come over and have dinner with them just to smile in satisfaction and sometimes teased them.

It was just another day, the CEO was lying flatly in bed; fast asleep when unknowingly, soundlessly, someone came to her room creeping and tiptoeing to avoid making noise not to wake the CEO, as if any noise can wake the sleeping log. The stranger approached the fully covered girl in her bed and gently lifts the blanket off the sleeping girl’s face. With a smile, the stranger gently caressed the girl’s face.

 

“Jessica~” The stranger softly calls the sleeping girl name but no reaction.

 

“Sica~” The stranger pouted as she poke the sleeping girl’s cheek still no sign of waking up.

 

“Sooyeon-ah~ wakey wakey~ your prince charming is here.” Another failure to wake her up.

 

“Jessica, there’s a thief~ wake up~” still no movement.

 

“Jung Sooyeon~” The stranger cross her arms and stood up feeling annoyed. But receive no reaction. A light bulb then appear above her head, an evil idea came to her mind. The stranger smirk as she leans closer to the sleeping girl’s face. Their face we’re inches away from each other when an alarm rings by the bedside table. The stranger eyes widened seeing the CEO’s eyes open up. They stare at each other’s eyes for a while before…

 

“Yaaaaaahhhh~” The CEO screamed can be overheard all through the house, accidentally, she slap the strangers face and kick by the stomach. The stranger was now lying helplessly on the ground, whinnying like a puppy while holding her poor tummy.

 

“Oh my gosh~ Taeyeon-ah~ I’m sorry~ what are you even doing here?” The CEO rush to the doctor’s side.

 

“That hurts, a lot.” The doctor said in between cough as she sits down.

 

“I’m sorry, I thought you’re some or whatsoever, why are you so close to me anyway?” The CEO furrows her brow with matching glare.

 

“This cuttttiiie face? Looks like a ? Wow? Are your eyes blurry or what?” She sighs, rubbing her tummy.

 

“I can’t wake you up no matter what I do, I… i… ummm just plan to yell near you. Ahemm” She added in between cough again trying to avoid the deadly glare.

 

“Hah~ just make sure you don’t want to do something byuntae, or else, I’ll kick you again.” The CEO frowns as she stood up.

 

“Why are you here? How did you get in? I change the passcode as long as I can remember.” The CEO added.

 

“Well, fany gave me the password.” The Doctor stood beside the CEO and smiles widely.

 

“As for why I’m here. I want to asks you~

 

 

Jessica Jung? Would you run away with me?”

She finishes her sentence with a smile.

 

Silence…

“hahahaha~” The CEO’s laughter fills the air.

 


“Seriously tae? I don’t have time for jokes.” The CEO groans and headed to the kitchen as she prepares kimchi fried rice for the both of them.

 

“I’m not kidding, I already pass to your office a month leave in your behalf and to the hospital director for my leave too, so we’re both free for a month.” The Doctor beams a smile.

 

“Are you kidding me? I had loads of work to do.” The CEO shakes her head.

 

“Sica-ah~ Seolhyun already promised me to do your works and Tiffany will be helping too, so don’t worry. I’m doing this for you to free yourself and have a break from stressed. Please, let me help you in everything, I promise I’ll behave.” The Doctor finishes the sentence in a serious face.

 

“since when did you behave, tae?” The CEO shakes her head but forms a smile.

 

“I always do. So, run away with me?” Taeyeon held out her hands. The CEO looks at it hesitant at first but take it with a smile as she pull the doctor for a chair as she serves the breakfast.

 

*

“Yah!~ Kim Taeyeon! Do you want to kill me? Yaaaaahhh!~” A dolphin scream can be heard up in the sky, yeah up in the sky, Taeyeon bring the CEO for a skydive though they we’re both shuddering because of fear.

 

“Ahaha, isn’t this fun?” Taeyeon laughs her off as she smiles, hugging the CEO.

 

“I’m really gonna die.” The CEO gasps and sighs as she closes her eyes.

 

“Sica-ah~ look at the view, I can see Seoul up here. Isn’t it beautiful?” Taeyeon smiles as she took the CEO’s hands with her. Jessica took a deep breath.

 

“Just trust me again, I promise I won’t do anything to hurt you nor make you cry.” And slowly, the CEO’s eyes open up and smiles at the view below here.

 

“Don’t make promises, do it.” The CEO sighs, Taeyeon on the other hand was smiling, and thankfully she was behind the CEO.

 

 

 

A//N: hey yo~ hehehe I’m back with another short chapter update guys, hope you all like it.. J J

You can look forward for the next chapter, it’ll be fun, hehehhe.. *evil laughs*

Anyways, thanks for reading and be happy.. J J

 

Godbless chu all.. J

 

EyesmileMaomao@your service here.. ^^