Chapter 21- If

Yes! I do

The ride back to the Jung Mansion was quiet, Taeyeon being curious why she's being drag to the mansion being herself.

"Jessica?" Taeyeon broke the silence.

"Ne?" The blonde turn her gaze towards her for a moment then back at the road. 

"Are you going home?" She asks.

"Oh~ yeah." The blonde nodded her head. "You can just drop me here; I don't want to burden you dropping me."

"Huh? No, I just have something to do. It won't take long; can you just wait for me at the house?" Jessica steals a glance at her then back at the road.

"O..kay" Taeyeon sigh. The blonde dropped Taeyeon by the mansion and bid her a goodbye before driving to the company. Parking her car at the parking lot, she saw Seolhyun, her Secretary approaching her.

"Miss Jung!" Seolhyun called, panting as she run towards her.

"Seolhyun, are you okay? Why are you in a hurry?" The blonde asks as she locks her car.

"Mr. Jung is in your office, He said he wanted to see immediately that he already contacted you. Is there something wrong Miss?" Seolhyun replied with a worried voice.

"Nothing. It's a personal matter I think, don’t worry too much okay?" Jessica smiled at her Secretary. The elevator dings as they arrive at the blonde's floor to her office.

"Good luck Miss!" Seolhyun smiles as she went back to her table just outside the blonde's office. Jessica opens her office door and saw her Father sitting in one of the couch.

"Mr. Jung, you wanted to see me? That must be important for calling me on my Day-off." Jessica greeted her father.

"Jessica. Have a seat." Mr. Jung motions her to sit beside her. The man has his tablet open and a video that was being pause.

"You need to see this." Her father handed her the tablet and played it. 

I" wonder what that is." L, ask. He was with Krystal who was also curios what's with the video. They settled behind the blonde to watch the video, o_o!!

"How did that came to Father's possession?" Krystal exclaimed as she watch the video.

"The staff must've notice it while checking the footage." L explains.

"This can't be." Krystal l gasp as she look at her sister who was watching the video with a blank expression.

. "Good thing she was the first to know." L nodded his head as he too was worried what will happen. The video come to an end, Jessica handed the tablet back to her father, no expression as usual.

"So?" Her father asks.

"What about it?" Jessica asks, raising her brow.

"What about it?! Taejoon lied to us! He's nothing but a traitor and dragging her sister along the way. That's why we never saw her sister at the wedding." Her father raises her voice.

"So what about it?" Jessica rolls her eyes.

"Divorce him NOW!" Her father commanded.

"No way!" Jessica replied, her expression never changes.

"What are you talking? You're not divorcing HER? You're living in the same roof with a woman!! That is supposed to be your sister in law! Divorce that creep!" Her father yelled.

"Seriously? You wanted this arrange marriage in the first place, now you want me to have a divorce this early? Won't that damage the company? If you want to ruin me, do it to me but don't drag the company I've sacrificed for!" Jessica scoff

. "Sooyeon!" Her father demanded.

"No! That's final. I won't divorce now, maybe someday but not NOW. And don't call Taeyeon a Creep. Just like you said, she's been drag. Leave my life alone, we'll never know if the Taejoon who's with me is the real one or Taeyeon anyway." Jessica defended.

"Sooyeon! Are you in your right mind?!"

"Yes! I'm in my right mind. Don't tell me I'm crazy or what. 'Cause I've been crazy enough ever since I've become your pet!" Jessica stood up and leaves her office leaving her father dumbfounded.

---

The door slam open and close, Jessica enters the mansion with a fuming face. She hastily let her body fall on the couch and stomps her foot.

"Is everything alright?" Taeyeon furrows her brow worriedly.

"I'm fine. Just some personal matters." Jessica sigh.

"I see." Taeyeon nodded her head. With that, silence take over the mansion just as always.

"Sica?" Taeyeon broke the silence.

"Hmmm?" The blonde hum as she faces the midget beside her.

"It's getting late, I have to go now." Taeyeon replied.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. You can stay here for a while." Jessica said in her casual voice.

"What? NO I can't. I mean my brother... he.. he won't like that idea." Taeyeon falters at her words.

"No. It's fine, he told me he would be off somewhere and will be back dunno when. You can stay here for the mean time. Well, that is if you want of course I won't force you." Jessica stated. 'I did? Or did my brother really said that?' Taeyeon thought. Seeing the other girl was wondering, the blonde smiled at her.

"It's okay if you don't want to, silly." Jessica stood up and was about to head to the master's bedroom.

"I can stay for tonight." Taeyeon called, Jessica nodded and went to their room with a smile on her face. ‘Of course you have to stay. So, I can protect you from my Father.' Taeyeon went to the guest room and finds her hidden books and notes just under the bed where she hid it.

"At last! I can study freely without being cautious of being caught" She smiles to herself.

"I wonder if my brother really contacted her." Taeyeon sigh as she reads some notes and reviews her books but sooner fell asleep.

---

"I'll call you later tiff. Bye!" Jessica hung up as she notice Taeyeon enters the living room.

"Morning." The blonde greeted her.

"Good Morning." Taeyeon replied as she sat on the couch.

"Aren't you going to school?" The blonde asks, walking to the kitchen.

"Later I guess. We're just having rehearsals anyway." Taeyeon shrugged.

"I see. The musicals would be in three days right?" Jessica asks, still in the kitchen cooking something.

"Ne. You're coming, right?" Taeyeon asks, settling in the dining area near the blonde.

"Of course. I'll make some time." The blonde assure her.

"I can't miss the opportunity seeing you on stage." She added with a smirk.

"Eh? You shouldn't expect that much." Taeyeon said, hiding her blush as she cough and went to get something to drink from the fridge.

"Ahaha. Seriously though, I don't want to miss it." The blonde said with a genuine smile as she look at the midget then back at the menu she's cooking.

"Well, I think I have to do my best then." Taeyeon sat back to the chair and helps the blonde prepares their breakfast.

---

Taeyeon was skipping her way to their rehearsal room, humming her favorite song.

"Aigoo~ isn’t our Tae tae a bit happy?" Wooyoung put his arms around the midgets neck.

"Ne, waeyo? don't i deserve some happiness?" Taeyeon furrows her brow.

"It's not like that Tae. You know we're always happy for you." Wooyoung grin at her and run towards their classmates.

"Hey Tae!" Taecyeon greeted her that she replied with a nod.

"Was up Tae?" ChoA said in her fake manly voice.

"Fine. How's the exam?" Taeyeon nodded with a smile.

"Just fine." ChoA shrugged.

"Hi Tae." Chorong greeted from the back of her classmates.

"Hi there RongSaur!" Taeyeon beamed a smile.

"Okay, okay. Let's practiced!" Yuri, who was standing by the stage claps her hands to gain their attention. The rehearsal started and it was all perfect as Yuri would put it. Though they made some different concepts and some, they we're still able to practice it perfectly.

"Yuri-nim!" Taeyeon called as she run towards the Director.

"Yes Taeyeon?"

"Is the musical cancelled?" Taeyeon asks.

"Ah yeah about that. We decided to take it off since Sunmi can't join us and some characters are off. So, we'll be holding a concert instead of that musical." Yuri explained.

"Is that so?" Taeyeon asks in disappointment.

"Ne. I'm sorry; I know you want to do that musical. But still, Oh yeah before I forgot. You're going to perform solo, okay? You should start practicing and decide what song to sing." Yuri explained to the shock Taeyeon.

"What? What do you mean perform a solo? I don't do solo or sing a song. I can't~"

"No buts Tae! This is your last year here in school, So why not show off your talent, huh?" Yuri wink at her before leaving her dumbfounded.

 

"Unnie~"

"Yah unnie~!"

"Ahh. ouch that hurts.. Hayeon-ah~" Taeyeon pouted at her sister who just slap her in her arms.

"You're not listening to me at all. Do you have a problem? Is Jessica unnie okay?" Hayeon groans which was replaced by worried tone.

"We're fine. I mean she's fine there's nothing to worry about her, you should worry about me." Taeyeon pouted.

"Waeyo? Did you fail in your exam? Well, on the other hands that impossible. Yeah, what is it?" Hayeon asks.

"I'm going to have a solo song in our university's concert. I don't know what to do, Yuri-nim just told me earlier." Taeyeon hunched her back.

"A solo? Wow! That's awesome! What song did you choose??" Hayeon exclaimed excitedly.

"You're not excited, aren't you?" Taeyeon asks sarcastically.

"NO I’m not. I'm supppeeerrr dooopppeeerrr Excited." Hayeon giggled.

"Oh come-on! We both know I'm a worse singer."

"The best if I may say." Hayeon corrected her.

"Hayeon-ah~ what should I do?" Taeyeon whined like a kid.

"I know what to do." Hayeon smiled mischievously.

---

"I should have known you're planning something." Taeyeon sighed as they face the Mansion.

"Hehehe, do you have any better idea then? I know Jessica-unnie is a good singer." Hayeon smiled at her sister as she ring the doorbell.

"Ugh! You just can come in" Taeyeon groans as she opens the gate.

"But unnie! She doesn't know you have a spare key." Hayeon whispered.

"She knows, okay? Just relax." Taeyeon sigh. The door opens before the sisters could open it. Revealing the blonde in her shorts and white T-shirt with a messy hair and eyes half-close. The two keeps staring at her, mouth agape and eyes wide open. 'Seriously? How can there be a Goddess wearing just a simple outfit and a messy hair like that?' They both thought.

"Oh? You're here? Come in." Jessica opens the door more widely to let them.

"Hi unnie. Sorry to bother your sleep." Hayeon apologize.

"It's okay. I didn't notice it was this late." The blonde smiled as she combs her hair with her fingers to look more tidy.

"You're sleeping in the couch?" Taeyeon asks furrowing her brows.

"Yeah. Didn't know I've been sleeping since you left." The blonde yawn at her statement.

"What? So, you mean you've been sleeping for almost five hours in the couch without even eating? Or something?" Taeyeon asks in disbelief.

"Yeah? hahaha." Jessica laughs heartily which Taeyeon smirk.

"I'm going to cook. You should change or whatever." Taeyeon said as she headed to the kitchen.

"Change? waeyo? We're all girls here. Maybe later." The blonde lazily sat on the couch followed by Hayeon.

"Unnie?" Hayeon broke the silence in the living room.

"Ne?"

"You and Taeyeon unnie are close?" Hayeon asks, furrowing her brows.

"Oh? You mean why she's here? It's a long story but I rather want her to be with me."

...

"No offense. I just want someone to accompany me until Taejoon comeback." The blonde added.

"I see. Do you know where Taejoon oppa went to?" Hayeon asks.

"Not really, I thought you know." The blonde shook her head.

"I don't. He's old enough he can take care of his self anyway." Hayeon shrugged.

"Haha, you're right." The blonde chuckled.

"Dinner's ready. Let's eat." Taeyeon called from the kitchen. The two smile at each other before heading to the kitchen to accompany the midget for their meal.

"Jessica unnie." Hayeon spoke; they're watching some movie in the living room. The Orphan which was suggested by Hayeon.

"Ne?" The blonde replied not taking her eyes off the television.

"Do you have a favorite song?" Hayeon asks. Jessica look at her skeptically.

"A lot if you ask. But, there's this song i really like. Why do you ask?" The blonde asks.

"Nothing. You see, about the university musical concert? Yuri-nim cancelled it off nd change it into a concert and she wants Taeyeon unnie to sing a song. I'm just wondering if you could suggest something and help her." Hayeon respond. Jessica furrows her brow and look at Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon unnie is a great singer, well not really a famous or something but she had a nice voice. But still can you help her for the song? I know you're a pro in music." Hayeon added. The blonde took a deep sigh and look at the two.

"It's okay if you don't want to. I don't want to burden you Sica-ya~ I can train myself if you'll let me use the music room?" Taeyeon asks knowing that room has a sentimental value for the blonde. Jessica didn’t answer for a second but keep quiet. "

Okay. You can use it. But i have a suggestion, is it okay?" The blonde finally answer.

"JJinja? Of course it's okay. Thanks." Taeyeon exclaimed with a smile.

---

"Are you sure you'll be fine? It's pretty late to go home. You know you can stay here." Jessica Hayeon’s hair as they waited for the taxi to arrive.

"I'll be okay unnie. I have to get used to it anyway." Hayeon replied.

"Okay." The blonde sigh.

"Taxi's here. Goodbye unnie's see you next time. Love you." She kisses her two sister before leaving.

"Practice?" Jessica asks as she notices Taeyeon having music sheets in her hands.

"Yeah. It's on the spot really. I'll be practicing for two days only before the show." Taeyeon sigh as she scans the music sheets.

"I see. Yuri is pretty hard on you huh?" The blonde chuckled.

"It's okay, understand her." Taeyeon replied.

"Hmmm, I'll be going first then. Don't stressed yourself too much. Goodnight Taeng." The blonde left the guestroom.

"Goodnight." Taeyeon replied and headed to the music room.

---

It was nine in the morning, the sun is shining in the blue clouds above. Taeyeon is still sleeping in the music room with a bunch of music sheets beside her as she lean her head in the table beside the piano.

*My blood, sweat and tears

My last dance Take it away

My blood, sweat and tears

My cold breath Take it away

My blood, sweat and tears*

 

Taeyeon yawn and rub her eyes before opening it. The room was sunlight proof as it was sound proof; the light from a chandelier lit the whole room. Taeyeon fetch her phone from the table and swipe the screen to answer it.

"Hello?" She groggily answer it.

"Taetae? Did i wake you up?" It was Tiffany. Taeyeon smile knowing it's her best friend.

"Fany ah~ Ne I just woke up but not because of you. Why did you call anyway?" Taeyeon yawned and she heard her best friend chuckled over the phone.

"Nothing. I heard from Yuri that you're going to perform tomorrow?" Tiffany exclaimed.

"Oh~ yeah. Hope nothing could go wrong." Taeyeon sigh remembering she hasn’t picked a song yet.

"Of course, it'll be perfect! Did you pick a song already?" Tiffany asks.

"Not yet. I don't know what song to sing." Taeyeon sigh again.

"Just as i thought. How about your favorite song?" Tiffany asks.

"My real favorite song?" Taeyeon raised her brow.

"Yeap! You know i loved it! Though i can't watch it tomorrow, can you still sing it for me?" Taeyeon smiled knowing her friend is pouting at the other line.

"Okay fine. I'll sing it; I'll even record it for you to watch." Taeyeon joked.

"Oh~ you must do that." Tiffany chuckled.

"You better sing it, okay? I'll be hanging up so you can practice." The eye-smiling girl added.

"Did you just call to tell me what song to sing?" Taeyeon furrows her brow.

"Yeah, hehehe. And also Love you." Tiffany giggled.

"Ewww! That gross. Hahaha love you too." Taeyeon laugh accompanied by Tiffany on the other line. After hanging up the phone she turns to look for her favorite song in her musical sheets. Just when she's about to play the piano, her stomach grumbles.

"Oh? I haven't eaten yet." Taeyeon pout to herself. She stood up when she saw a covered plate on the other table. She approaches it and smile to herself as she sees a note:

"Tae! Guess you practiced overnight? I cooked something for you to eat. Don't starved yourself and eat a lot okay? I'll be back in the evening. Take care."

-From: Jessie

Taeyeon folded the paper and put it in her pocket, just a souvenir. She devour the food and went back practicing her song again, taking a break to rest , eating lunch as she's texted by the blonde and back practicing again.

---

The sun was setting down; Taeyeon is still practicing her song to make it perfect. Playing the piano as she rests for tomorrow and let the melodies overtake her. She closed her eyes; remembering back when she was a kid, playing a piano with her parents by her side, her brother would and her sister in her mother's tummy kicking. It's a happy family until their company made a great rise in the industry. Their parents became busier to have time for them; her sister was born and was left being take care by her and the nanny. Her brother became ignorant and went drinking, going out with his friends, sometimes doing drugs. Good thing he was able to recover and stay away from the drugs, he's been a troublemaker until he meets his girlfriend and changes a lot, and he’s a good man now. Until now he's forced to break up with his girlfriend for the company's sake. The once happy and simple family was slowly ruined by money and fame. Her tears fall down in her face. She keeps on pressing the piano keys, she's playing an unfamiliar sad song when she feels an arm wrap around her from the back, her body froze at the spot as she stop playing the piano.

                        JESSICA POV

I went home early, worried about my accompany in the house. I hope she's doing fine. I parked my car in our parking lot and went inside the house; i turn on the light and sat in the couch for a bit. I wonder if she's still in the music room, should i go there? Going there wouldn't hurt me anyway. I sigh and went to the music room, I open the door slowly and i can hear music is being played. It changes into a sad song; i wonder what this song is. Just when I'm about say a word, i hear Taeyeon sniff. Is she crying? I wonder why. Guess I’m not the only one hiding something huh? I tiptoe behind her and back hug her, I fell her froze from my action as she stop pressing those keys.

"Just thinking you might need this." I spoke. She gently calm in my embrace not speaking a word. I can feel my heartbeat beating fast as I hear hers.

 

 

 

A//N: Hey, hehehe an update before the year end.. I'm glad you did have a nice Christmas and have a Happy new Year ahead.. :)

By the way, i don't know but i'm feeling stressed lately and i always run out of idea in writing my stories. I think i need a break, but don't worry guys I'm near in finishing this story so, i'll be updating the remaining chapters the next time I update, okay?

 

So, this may be my last story. I really thank you all for supporting my Stories, i really appreciate all your feedbacks and love for this story (if you love this). That's it, thank you and see you soonest.

 

EyesmileMaomao@Your Service..^^