Chapter 23- You

Yes! I do

“Yah! Kim Myungsoo!  Where are you going?” Krystal panted as she chased the man who was following someone.

“Wait for me at the mansion, I’ll be back later.” The man waved and disappears into thin air.

“Issssh! What a man! Leaving me all by myself in the middle of the night and for goodness sake who knows where I am?” She kicked some stone which she can’t of course.

“Ugh! I hate you Myungsoo!” She yelled at no one. They’ve been following Kim Sunggyu ever since the man went out of the Resto. Walking back to the resto, Krystal saw her sister with Tiffany, Hayeon and Taeyeon. She sat on the cold floor and lean her back to the wall.

“I should be there with you. Why do I have to suffer like this anyway huh? What have I done wrong to feel this bull! seeing and feeling this pain !” She yelled again.

“Are you okay unnie?” Hayeon asks the blonde.

“Ne. I just thought I heard something.” The blonde shook her head as she search the place.

“You should hear me unnie. You should know I’m still here. You know how much I hate dark places, how I hate being along with the person I don’t even know.” Krystal wept.

“I just want to hug you and pissed you off.” She added, sniffing.

“Let’s go?” Tiffany asks, they all prepared to go outside and left the Resto.

The Resto staff’s and crews went to clean the place and shut all the light and call it a day. Krystal was left alone, crying all by herself. Cold in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night.
---
Back at the mansion Jessica and Taeyeon bid Tiffany and Hayeon goodbye as they give them a ride.

“Bye unnie! Goodnight” Hayeon wave at them.

“Bye.” The two watch them as they disappear in a distance.

“Now, where is that kid?” Myungsoo who just arrived at the mansion from tailing Sunggyu was looking for Krystal.

“Is she already inside?” He followed the two living inside the mansion but notices no trace of the spirit.

“I think it’s going to rain.” Jessica sigh as the sky grumbles. There was a flash of lightning in the windows, Jessica went closer to Taeyeon.

“You’re afraid of the lightning?” Taeyeon furrows her brow.

“I’m not.” The blonde clears and inches away from Taeyeon.
Another lightning flashes the window.

“Ahahaha, I thought you’re not afraid?” Taeyeon laugh as the blonde was clinging unto her.

“Not funny.” The blonde pouted.

“Come on. I’ll accompany you to your room before the lightning could strike you.” The midget joked which earned her a slap by her arm from the blonde.

“I’m scared.” A little girl started to cry when she sees the lightning and heard the thunder.

“It’s okay. Myungie will protect you. I’m your Oppa.” The boy hugs the girl.

“You won’t leave me?” The little girl asks.

“I won’t! I’ll protect you as long as I can. You’re my princess and I’m your prince.”  The boy replied.

“But Prince doesn’t know how to fight.” The girl pouted.

“But I know how. I will fight everything that scares you. I will only make you smile not cry. Okay?” the boy smile as she patted the girl’s back to comfort her.

“Promise?”

“Promise.” And with that it was sealed with a pinky swear.

 

“Ugh! What is this memory?” L massage his head as he remembers something.

“I thought I’m not able to remember anything?” He groans in pain as he sat on the ground.

“L Oppa! Don’t leave me! You promise me!” The girl was crying, calling his name.

“S******! I’ll be back! Oppa will be back. Don’t be sad, okay? I just have to study hard and I will marry you.” The girl stop crying hearing those words.

“Marry S******?” The girl asks.

“Ne. You should study too and I’ll be back when we’re both grown up, okay? And I’ll be here with you always.” He nodded his head.

“Promise?” She asks,

“I promise. Promise me you have to be strong, okay?” He said as he intertwined their pinky finger.

“Here, always wear this, okay?” He gave the little girl a letter A necklace.

“You’re always gonna be my number 1.” He smile and kisses the girls forehead and went to his father.

“Myungie-ah~” L stood up from the ground hearing Krystal’s voice.

“Soojung-ah!” He dashes off and vanishes to the Resto.

“Soojung!” He shouted as soon as he arrived at the place.

“Myungie!” He heard the latter. He ran by the corner and saw Krystal hugging her knees crying. Wasting no time. He hugs the latter, She was crying so hard that she wet the man’s t-shirt.

“I’m sorry I left. I’m sorry. I promise I won’t do that again. I’m here now. Okay? Everything’s gonna be alright.” He patted Krystal’s back, she just nodded her head slowly.

“Are you afraid of the thunder?” He ask in a gentle voice.

“Hmmm.” Krystal hum.

“Come on. Let’s go home.” He took the latter and carried her bridal style.

                                KRYSTAL’s POV

He carried me bridal style and we appear in front of the other guest room in the mansion. He put me down slowly in the bed. He’s so warm, that reminds me of something.

“You’ll be fine. The storm gonna end soon.” He smiles. I wonder how he found me.

“Thanks.” I muttered.

“You’re welcome.” He replied as he covers me with the blanket. I was about to reply when another lightning strike. He sat beside me and patted me head like a mother would do when their child is going to sleep.

“You want me to stop the rain?” He broke the silence.

“You can?” Wow? That’ll be amazing.

“Let me try.”

“Rain rain go away! Come again another night. Scaredy Soojung is afraid. Kyah!” He made a punch in the air like a kid. Seriously?

“What?” He furrows his brow.

“You’re such a kid.” I roll my eyes.

“At least you’re not scared anymore.” He stated.

“yeah, I’m pissed by now.” I mocked.

“It’s better than to be scared.” He smiles.

“Whatever!” Why does he always have to smile showing his dimple? Show-off!

AUTHOR's POV

*My blood, sweat and tears
My last dance
Take it away
My blood, sweat and tears
My cold breath
Take it away
My blood, sweat and tears*

Taeyeon jolted up from the bed and took the phone, she swipe the screen to answer it.
“Hello?” She answers with a yawn.

“Miss Jung?” The lady on the other line asks.

“Miss Jung, who?” She rub her eyes and stares at the phone. ‘Oh? It’s not my phone.’ She quickly dove beside the sleeping Ice Princess.

“Sica-yah!” She pinched the blonde’s cheeks.

“Ugh! Five more minutes” The blonde groans.

“You have a call. Say it’s very important.” Taeyeon shook the blonde’s body.

“Ugh” The blonde groans before taking the phone from Taeyeon. ‘Weird, we have the same favorite song and now we have the same ringtone?’  Taeyeon thought.

“What? Thank you for informing me Seolhyun-ah~ bye.” Jessica hastily got up from bed and drags the midget along with her.

“Where are you taking me?” Taeyeon ask. She’s being drag to the music room.

“Stay here until I come back, okay?” Jessica was about to leave the room but then came back.

“Oh? That was fast.” Taeyeon joked.

“I’m sorry. I’ll explain later.” Jessica said apologetically.

“I wonder what happen.” L ask as they wait for the two to appear from the music room. When they saw Jessica came out without Taeyeon they knew something was off.

“This is not good.” Krystal follows her sister inside the room as she went back to sleep.

“maybe, or maybe not?” L scratch his head , going crazy why the two living human was so early and the other was left in the music room.

*ding dong*

Krystal, L and Jessica chorused their gaze at the living room. The blonde took a deep breath before coming down. She fake a yawn as she opens the door.

“Oh? Mr. Jung what brings you here early in the morning? You should have some valid reasons to destroy my beauty sleep.”  She stay in the door frame not planning to let them in.

“Appa?” Krystal eyes widen in shock. Now she know why her sister hid Taeyeon.

“Do you want to talk here outside?” Mr. Jung asks.

“If it’s not that long. You can say it to me now and leave, I know you’re a busy person.” She said mockingly, remembering how her father treats employees before.

“Sooyeon! Where Is Taejoon?” The old man asks.

“He went to a business trip, wae?” She raises her brow.

“Is this how you treat the person who gave you position in the company?” Her father raises his voice.

“well, I’m just following your footsteps in treating your employees.” She replied matter of-factly.

“I’m not your employee.” Her Dad replied.

“And I’m not a toy dad! Why do you always want to control our family? We’re not a family at all. We’re just like bulls living under the same surname and blood! Can’t you just let me live my life? Even just in this one decision! Let me chose a choice of my own.”  The blonde blurted out.

“You’re not a toy Sooyeon-ah.” Her dad said in an almost whisper tone.

“But you always have the way to make me feel so.” The blonde in a blank expression replied.

“Sooyeon-ah~ can we talk about this? I just want you stay away from those liar.” Mr. Jung explained.

“Liar?!” Jessica and Krystal chorused but of course only Jessica’s voice can be heard.

“Did didn’t I told you already? Taejoon may have his reasons for leaving in such a hurry like that. Taeyeon just wanted to help and that’s all. Can’t we just wait for him to return and give him a chance to explain?” The blonde replied, tired of talking over the same topic all over again.

“Sooyeon.”

“Dad. I still have to go to work later, can you leave now?” Jessica almost pleaded.

“Okay. I’m sorry for bothering you.” Mr. Jung sighs before heading out. The blonde close the door and headed to the music room. There she saw Taeyeon sitting in front of the piano.

“Ehem!” The blonde clears for the midget to know her presence.

“Oh? You’re here.” Taeyeon smiles innocently.

“Hmmm, are you playing your favorite song again?” The blonde asks.

“Our favorite song I may say.” Taeyeon smiles.

“Seriously? You like it that we have the same favorite song?” the blonde smirk.

“Same ringtone too.” The blonde stares at her.

“Blood, Sweat and Tears by Bangtan Sonyeondan?” They chorused.

“What a coincidence.” Taeyeon smirk.

“Coincidence? Or you’re my stalker and you’re copying me.” The blonde stick her tongue out.

“Seriously? i..”

“I know you’re straight.” The blonde cut her off.

“I don’t know.” Taeyeon admitted.

“You don’t know?” The blonde furrows her brow.

“Yeah. You remember Hayeon said that I was love struck to the person whom I first heard my favorite song now?” Taeyeon ask.

“Yeah. She must be really lucky to turn you upside down, huh?” The blonde smirk.

“Oh. Shut up.” Taeyeon rolls her eyes.

“hahaha. What about that person?” The blonde asks.

 

“She’s a she.” Taeyeon confessed.

“And?” Jessica asks. Motioning her to continue.

“I was young back then, twelve years old? My parents we’re just new to business industry. So, they we’re invited into a party where businessmen’s all over Korea are attending. It was late already and I’m so sleepy, I went to talk to my parents but they’re busy talking to their new meet clients. I went to the balcony and cried.”

“You cried? You’re really is a crybaby.” The blonde cut her off with a laugh. Taeyeon glared at her.

“Sorry, go on.” The blonde clears .

“I was crying that time when I heard someone playing a piano, I went out and there I saw her playing it. That moment she sung that song, it feels like everything froze, everyone focuses on her performance as she takes on the stage. She looks like an angel sitting there and hitting those notes perfectly in such a young age. You know what? That feeling when you’re eyes meet.~ ”

“The world seems to slow down, and it feels like you just want to stare into each other’s eyes like there’s only the two of you in the world, it feels like you just found the love of your life, you want to make that person happy, to embrace that person and protect that person.” Jessica cut-in.

“I really wanted to know her that night, to know her name and everything about her. But I didn’t even have a chance to.” Taeyeon down at the floor.

“What if you meet her in the future?” The blonde asks.

“I don’t know. I don’t even know her face now.” Taeyeon laugh.

“What? You forgot your first love’s face?” The blonde raise her name.

“Hey, it’s not first love. And I don’t think I’ll be able to find her anyway so I just have to forget about her.” The midget said with a bitter smile.

“I know deep inside you still have feelings for that girl. You should try remembering her, she would be very upset to be forgotten by her admirer. ‘which she admire too’” The blonde whisper the last sentence.

“What?”

“Nothing. Let’s go and have breakfast.” The blonde then drag her to the kitchen.

“You don’t have to go to school, right? It’s vacation?” The blonde ask.

“Ne. a vacation at last.” Taeyeon nodded as she sat on the chair and watch the blonde prepare their breakfast.

“Good. We’ll have some time to camp.”

“Camp? When? Where?” Taeyeon panicked.

“Ahahaha, I promise Hayeon we’ll camp once she’s on vacation and since you’re on vacation too. You’re coming with us.”

“B..”

“And no buts accepted.” The blonde added.

“Okay.” Taeyeon sigh in defeat.

“I guess your sister like Taeyeon.” L stated.

“No. That won’t be happening.” Krystal raised her brow.

“What would you if that’ll happen? Just accept it that I’m always right.” L smiled.

“You’re always right on many things but not this time.” Krystal retorted as she crossed her arms on her chest.

 

“Let’s just see.” L replied confidently.

---

Jessica left the house and went to work that left Taeyeon alone in the mansion, she was listening on her earphone, watching how to cook when the doorbell rings. ‘I wonder who is it?’ Taeyeon thought. O_O

“Mr. Jung?” Taeyeon widen her eyes.

“Appa? He’s back?” Krystal gasp.

“This is not so good.” L shook his head.

“Taeyeon?”

                KRYSTAL’s POV

Father was a bit shocked to see Taeyeon too, well who wouldn’t when he hated her, but this can’t be happening. Jessica unnie should hurry home.

“Mr. Jung, please come in.” Taeyeon opens the door more widely to let father come in.

“Would you like some drinks sir?” Taeyeon ask in her manner.

“No thanks. I just came here to check ion my daughter. I’m also glad you’re here, I want to talk to you too.” Father motion Taeyeon unnie to sit, she sat opposite next to my father. They we’re facing each other.

“What is it that you want to talk to me Mr. Jung?” Taeyeon ask, scratching her thigh. She’s nervous, what should I do?

“Yah myungie~ can’t you do anything to make father leave?” I asks the man beside me who looks calm. How can he be so calm at this moment?

“I’m sorry but a cruzzer first rule is to never interfere with earthly matters.” He replied.

“Isssssh! What a helpless man.”

“What? I’m just saying that I can’t interfere because I can be punished.” He stated.

“Yeah. Of course you don’t care about others, just care for yourself.” I scoff. I was approaching father when he grabs my hand and we went to his music room.

“Bring me back to the mansion. Taeyeon unnie will be punished or so.” I protest.

“We both know you can’t do anything. We can’t do anything for the living, they should take care of their things.” He explained.

“I don’t care. Bring me back to the mansion.” I yelled.

“Whatever.” We’re now back at the mansion, Taeyeon unnie’s eyes we’re watery.

“Now you know, you don’t have to stay here anymore. You’re so busted and your brother, I may don’t know where he is but trust me I get the chance to face him make sure he’s prepare for my wrath.” Father said in his warning tone.

“Yes Mr. Jung. I’ll leave, but can I say good bye to your daughter first? Though we meet because of this foolishness. We did become friends.” Taeyeon bowed her head.

“Say your farewell and leave as soon as possible. I don’t want to know you’re still here until the day after tomorrow.” Father then left Taeyeon unnie alone.

---

The door burst open and Jessica unnie enters the house, her face fell when she saw Taeyeon’s unnie luggage.

“Taeyeon? What is all of this?” Unnie ask.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you already knew?” Taeyeon unnie ask back.

“Know about what?”Sica unnie asks.

“That you knew about me pretending to be my brother.” Taeyeon said in a calm voice.

“Taeng.”

“I look like a fool facing Mr. Jung, you know? He knew too.” Taeyeon added.

 

“He came here?” Unnie raised her brow.

“I have to go. I don’t want to burden you anymore. I just waited for you to say good bye, it’ll be unrespectful of me to leave without letting you know.” Taeyeon took her luggage. But Jessica unnie stop her.

“Gajima. Taeyeon, I’m sorry if I lied to you knowing about you and your brother. I just did that because I don’t want to stay here alone. Taeng, can you please stay? Stay with me until it’s all over? All he said was all a lie. Did he tell you you’re burdening me? It’s not true. Because for me you help me to become myself again. You we’re here when they can’t when no one wants. When you’re brother don’t want to, you did. I just thought If I wouldn’t tell you that I know, I can make you stay.” Jessica unnie explained, she was close to tears.

“But, of course. I don’t want to force you; I don’t have the right, right?” Unnie added as she bitterly smiles. Taeyeon unnie took her luggage, Jessica unnie let her be. Taeyeon unnie smiled and let go her luggage and hug Jessica unnie. what the? Am I watching a drama?

“I think I might need a pop corn.” L stated. I slap him in the arm.

“See? Told you something good will come up in every bad situations.” He added.

“Whatever.” I scoff,

                JESSICA POV

Does she really have to leave like this? But I know I don’t have the right to stop her.

“But, of course. I don’t want to force you; I don’t have the right, right?” I forced a smile but I think that wasn’t good enough. She took her luggage, I let her. I look at the ground, I know this would happen as it always happen to me. Anyone that I cherished would end up leaving me and I don’t have the guts to make her stay. My eyes widen in shock when I feel Taeyeon hugs me.

“Taenggo~”

“You really thought I’m leaving you, huh?” I saw her smile in my peripheral vision.

“Taeng~”

“I’ll stay with you of course. I know you suffer enough; I don’t want to add to it. I’ll stay as long as I can and as long as you want, didn’t we have a deal?” She smiles.

“Our deal was to make the other fall until everything’s okay.” I replied.

“It’s other way around now. I’m staying to protect you, okay?” She retracted from the hug and look at me straight in the eye. My heart is beating so fast, I don’t know but it just did.

“Are you alright?” She ask.

“Huh? Yeah I’m fine.” I nodded my head with a smile.

“Gomawo Taenggo-ah~ I’m really happy you’re not leaving me.”  I hug her as tight as I can.

“Who would leave a Goddess like you alone when they can have you on their own?” She smirk at me and I slap her playfully in her arms. I hug her still not letting her go and I won’t, ever.