It wont be the same without you

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘But I don’t want you to spend Christmas alone!’ Dara said.

 

‘Jiyong, honey, can you please tell your impossibly stubborn dongsaeng that he need to be with us? He don't want to listen to me.’ Dara’s bottom lips quivered as tears threaten running from her eyes.

 

‘Don’t get upset noona,’ Seungri try to calm Dara. He feels guilty for doing something to upset her favourite noona. ‘I just don’t feel like socialising, that’s all.’

 

Jiyong put his arm around his beloved wife and pull her closer. ‘Dara is just feeling a bit emotional, aren’t you, honey?’

 

‘I think we should tell him,’ Dara said between her sniff.

 

‘Tell me what?’ Seungri said while looking between Jiyong and Dara.

 

‘We’re having a baby,’ Jiyong said with a proud smile. ‘We know about this a few weeks ago but we don’t want to overshadow TOP and Shi-Kyung’s wedding. We are going to wait until they come back from their honeymoon and announce it at the family gathering.’

 

Seungri smile and it had pulled some of the tight ache in his chest that had been there since he let Suzy go.

 

‘Congratulations. I’m happy for both of you. That is great news.’

 

He even manage to let out a small laugh. ‘I’m going to be uncle. How about that?’

 

‘Will you please come with us for Christmas?’ Dara begged. ‘I know you don’t want to be anywhere near halbeoji, but we are family. It won’t be the same without you there.’

 

It won’t be the same without Suzy there.

 

Seungri’s mind imagining the cosy family scene Dara noona was so keen to create. Wonderful cooking smell and warm fires were lit up in the room. A Christmas tree full with colourful and beautiful decorations and wrapping presents for everyone were place under the tree. He bet that his hyungs and noonas would be talking non-stop about the honeymoons and babies.

 

They will look at TOP hyung and Shi-Kyung noona’s wedding photo; where there no Suzy; and it would cause him even more pain. And he could imagine himself sit there in awkward with his halbeoji laughing at him, of course.

 

No. He rather suffer all the pain alone.

 

‘Sorry noona, but I do have other plans.’

 

‘I wonder did Suzy has a plan?’ Dara said as she give back the handkerchief to her husband.

 

‘Maybe I will invite her to join us. Do you think she will come knowing that you not going to be there?’

 

Seungri frown. ‘Why would you invite her?’

 

‘Why not?’ Dara gave him a cocky look. ‘I love her the moment I meet her. And Shi-Kyung like her too.’

 

‘What? But you only spent ten minutes with her!’

 

‘Maybe, but that’s was enough to know she is a lovely person.’

 

‘I never said that she’s not.’ Seungri reply as he caught Jiyong give him a look.

 

‘Do you know that she has cancelled her contract?’ Jiyong inform. ‘It will cost her a lot of monies. The designers are even going to sue her.’

 

Seungri feel his stomach drop. ‘Hyung, where did you hear that?’

 

‘Social media,’ Jiyong said. ‘Where else?’