Stop messing with my head

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

 

TOP drag Seungri to the side after their halbeoji had stormed back into the house in anger.

 

‘Hey, you OK?’

 

Seungri fingers clench into fist. ‘I swear to God, I could punch that old man face for that.’ He said as he gritted his teeth.

 

‘Yes, I know you mad but maybe because what halbeoji said is true.’

 

Seungri glare at his cousin hyung. ‘Don’t you start, hyung.’

 

Jiyong gave Seungri a wiser look. ‘There’s no point trying to hide from it. It’s best to face it and deal with it. We all use to get what we want. We learn a lot from halbeoji but it doesn’t mean we have to be like that. I know I always taught you to set goal and to focus, but I realise that winning is not always the right or the wise thing to do.’

 

‘I know what I’m doing, hyung.’ Seungri tightened his jaw. ‘I don’t need your advice anymore.’

 

Jiyong put his hand on Seungri’s shoulder and give a gentle squeeze. ‘I’m sorry. I use to have this habit of being protective for you. You right, you are old enough to make your own decisions.’

 

And take full responsibility too, hyung, Seungri thought.

 

‘Is Suzy okay?’ TOP ask after Jiyong had left two of them to join his wife and the girls. ‘She look really pale. You don’t give her a hard time, don’t you?’

 

Seungri glare at his hyung. ‘I don’t you could be this soft. Suzy is fine. She had flu and probably tired from the photo shoot she has yesterday.’

 

‘What’s going on with you two? Is it true what she said to halbeoji?’

 

‘You know what she’s like,’ Seungri said. ‘She like to be the centre of the stage. The bigger the scene she make, the better.’

 

TOP press his lip. ‘Suzy is a good girl, Seungri. I always think that. Maybe a bit wild because her eomma died when she was young, but I still believe she has a good heart. It’s not her fault just because she has an father like that. She doesn’t screw your family. Her father did.’

 

‘And I have got my revenge on him,’ Seungri said.

 

‘Yes, but you have take the one thing Suzy loves above everything else.’ TOP readjust his crutches under his arms. ‘You should give her eomma’s house to her. It don’t belong to you in the first place, whether you have win it or not..’

 

‘How do you know that I was not planning to do that once we are divorce, hyung?’

 

TOP give him a knowing look. ‘You could consider that as a goodbye gift, bro. But have you think that Suzy might not want it to end?’

 

Seungri let out a cynical laugh. ‘I can’t see that happening. She hate being married to me. She only stick with it because of her new contract.’

 

‘Well, it’s certainly serve your interests,’ TOP reply.

 

‘What’s that suppose to mean, hyung?’

 

‘You don’t have to sleep with her. You can annul your marriage as soon as you got home and don't have to take things to far.’

 

Seungri look at TOP annoyingly. ‘Since when who I sleep become your business?’

 

TOP stare at his younger cousin. ‘If you divorce her now, she could take half of your assets.’

 

‘But I thought you said she was a good girl?’

 

‘She is a good girl, but she might do that as a pay back to you for breaking her heart.’

 

‘I’m not breaking her heart, OK?’ Seungri said in an exasperated tone. ‘What is it with you and Jiyong hyung? You two had fall in love and expect everyone to follow you. She don’t even like me. I bet that she’s waiting her perfect time to turn things on her side. She is smart that way and she will do anything to get what she want.’

 

‘Have you really turn cynical that you can’t see what’s right in front of your eyes?’

 

‘What? You think she love me?’ Seungri said. ‘Sorry to disappoint you, hyung, but Suzy is a great actress.’

 

TOP gave Seungri a look.

 

‘What?’ Seungri laugh but it sound hollow even to his own ears. ‘You think I love with her? Come on. No offence to you and Jiyong hyung, but falling in love is not in my vocabulary. I don’t have that gene.’

 

‘Don’t blame the gene,’ TOP said. ‘It’s a matter of choice. If you’re open to it, that is.’

 

‘Well, I choose not to be open to it because I don’t want to complicate my life. I am fine just the way I am.’

 

‘You will end up like halbeoji,’ TOP said. ‘Stuck with maids who pretend they like him when all they do is laugh and talk about him behind his back.’

 

‘I know what I’m doing, hyung.’

 

‘Yeah and you’re doing a damn fine job of it too. But, if you said that was Suzy motive, then why don’t you give her that house and see if she still wants to be with you? Take a gamble, Seungri or are you scared of being lose?’

 

Seungri let out a tight breath as he watch TOP limp away to join his fiancee, who was looking at them with worried face.

 

Dara unnie come with a cup of tea and a slice cake for Seungri in her hand. ‘Have you seen Suzy?’ she ask. ‘She said she was going to the toilet but it’s been too long. Is she OK?’

 

‘She’s fine. She just had flu couple of days ago.’ God, how many times do I have to say this?

 

‘Oh. I just wonder.......’ Dara’s expression flickered with something.

 

‘What?’

 

‘Nothing.’ Dara bite her lips, afraid that her words would make Seungri panic. But she put her hand over her belly as a pink blush spread over her cheeks.

 

Seungri feel like someone had just punched him in the gut. It was a moment before he could get his breath steady. His mind bombarded with so many question.

 

‘Excuse me...’ He almost push Dara unnie as he walk away.