Marriage with benefits

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

Seungri just barely step on the lobby when his handphone ring. He look at the screen and wince.

 

‘Hyung, I just about to call you....’

 

‘Tell me that what I just see on the news is not true. You married to the devil Bae's daughter?,’ Jiyong said.

 

Seungri glance around to see if anyone might heard his conversation, then he walk to a quitter place. ‘That’s not the nice way to speak of your new sister-in-law, hyung.’

 

‘Are you out of your mind? What game you try to play this time?’

 

‘It’s not her fault if her father is a cunning man.’ Seungri can’t help thinking how ironic it was for him to defend her.

 

‘Don’t tell me you love her because I will not believe it. Because you only love yourself.’

 

‘That’s cruel hyung. I love a lot of people. I love you.’

 

‘You can fool everyone but not me. I know you. Tell me the real story. Did you lose bet to that old man? Or he kind put some sort of dirty tricks on you?’

 

‘None of the above, hyung’ Seungri said. ‘I was attend my close friend wedding at this dessert country. I don’t know she follow me there and to cut the story short, they found her in my room. This county law is very strict and I had to marry her or both of us can end-up losing our back skin. And I decided not the take the chance.’

 

‘Are you lying to me again?’ Jiyong ask.

 

‘No, I’m not, hyung,’ Seungri reply.

 

‘You said she follow you? Why don’t you say something if you’re involve with her?’

 

‘I was not involve with her. I never talk or see her in years. She wanted to see me about her eomma’s house. I win it from her father in a bet.’

 

Jiyong curse again. ‘So, it’s just on paper marriage, right?’

 

There was a silence, Seungri’s brain work how to answer the question.

 

‘You have not,’ Jiyong tone was a bit stern.

 

‘Whoa Hyung, what’s this?’ Seungri said. ‘I don’t ask about your life with Dara noona. Back off. I know what I’m doing.’ Am I?

 

‘You even married without pre-nup agreement,’ Jiyong said. ‘You know that stupid. You jeopardise everything you have. Have you not learn anything in your life?’

 

‘What you expect me to do’ Seungri feel goosebump hearing his cousin hyung’s words. ‘I had to think fast and I did what I thought was the best thing.’

 

‘Being married to her is not best thing to do,’ Jiyong said.

 

Tell me about it hyung. ‘I won’t stay married any longer than I have to,’ Seungri said. ‘Everything is working to my advantage. Hyung, you remember Jo Min Joo from Mapple Hotels? I will meet with him next week and if I manage to nail the deal, it will be worth of inconvenience of being married.’

 

‘What if this blow-up in your face?’

 

‘Hyung, why you always think like that about me everytime?,’ Seungri said. ‘I love taking chances and I always land safely on my two legs. We love to win, remember?’

 

Jiyong let out a long breath. ‘Just watch your back, bro. keeping your enemies close is wiser but sleeping with them is not.’

 

But that was the fun part, Seungri thought as he ended the call.

 

In fact, he can’t wait taste it again.

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy was putting the final touch on her make-up when her handphone ring. She look at the screen and it was her manager. ‘Hi, Jo...’

 

‘Girl, I should hate you for not inviting me to your totally awesome desert wedding. And for not even tell that you were dating one of the most eligible bachelor in this planet. But I forgive you for that because you just landed yourself the biggest contract in history,’ her manager said.

 

‘I...I what?’

 

‘Every top designer want you to model for their wedding dress! There is a war as we speak. I tell that you look super amazing in your wedding dress. You have create the biggest sensation since Prince William and Kate Middleton royal wedding.’

 

Is this a twisted joke? ‘Wow, it sound great.’ Should she tell her manager that her marriage to Lee Seungri was only temporary.

 

‘This is what you’ve been waiting for,’ her manager told her. ‘You will be super rich now. I will email you the detail of the contract. Get back to me as soon as you can okay, honey. Any questions?’

 

‘No... I think.’

 

Suzy put her phone on the dressing table. She looked at it for a long moment, while her mind wondering if she should call her manager back and tell him that she don’t want to take the offer. Is she crazy? Maybe she is. Because her life seem to be out of control.

 

Part of her want the money, but the price of fame she had to pay have give her trouble. She plan to retire from modelling. She was tired living in the fake world of perfection. Her body was tired. She want to pursue her dream sooner, but how is she going to achieve that in hectic shooting schedule? If she receive the contract, then her dream to be a designer will have to wait.

 

Seungri come inside the suite and Suzy feel relief that she had put her make-up on. It was her professional armour.

 

‘Have you finished your work?’ she said.

 

He look at her with hungry expression that tightened her skin. ‘I wonder how long it would take me to get you ?’

 

Suzy act nonchalantly, but her stomach flip over.  She want to give Seungri the impression that their love...making had no impact on her. ‘What happened before was a mistake. I will not repeat it.’

 

A smile could be seen on the corner of Seungri’s lips. ‘You’re a terrible liar, Suzy. I’ll assure you that what happened before is going to happen again.’

 

Suzy feel her spine shiver from the dark lust in his eyes. ‘I think it just stupid to complicate things. We surely don’t even like each other.’

 

Seungri close the distance between them. Suzy know that she should stepped back but she can't move her legs. She inhale a sharp breath when he put his hand at her neck. Then his hand move slowly to cup her left cheek, his thumb caress her lips that sent chill to every nerve in her body.

 

‘Go and find another girl.’ Suzy was very proud of how cold she sound. ‘I’m not your play thing.’

 

Seungri stop his movement, his eyes lock with her eyes. ‘Is that what you really want? A hand-off-marriage?’

 

No! ‘Yes.’ Suzy raise her chin.

 

He was looking at her for a while. ‘Fine.’ Seungri drop his hand from her face and move away.

 

Fine? Suzy look at him in numb shock. Fine? Why he’s not challenging her? Why he's not making her eat her words? Damn it! She want him to make her eat her own damn words!

 

He glance at his super expensive designer watch. ‘We should get going. I don’t want to get our booking cancelled at this Michelin restaurant. It’s very hard for me to get a last minute booking.’

 

‘I can’t believe it.’ Suzy’s lips curled as she pick-up her beg. ‘Your name can get you anything you want.’ Let’s see if I can push some more buttons. ‘Maybe I change mine and see if I can cash-in some of the benefits.’

 

His expression turn hard stone. ‘Don’t get ahead of yourself, Suzy. This is not permanent. Please don’t fool yourself that this will be anything but what it is right now.’

 

‘What? a war zone?’ she joke.

 

‘This is temporary.’ Seungri held the door open with a pointed look. ‘Let’s go.’