You look so damn beautiful

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy open her eyes and realize it was already late in the evening. She turn to her left and see Seungri was smiling while staring at her.

 

‘You look so damn beautiful.’

 

She give him one of her bored looks. ‘Do you know how many times I’ve heard that?’

 

Seungri’s eyes staring at her. ‘But you really beautiful,’ he say as he his lazy finger on the sheets between her s.

 

She put her hands on his chest and push him away.

 

‘I need to get up.’ He smile before get up and walk into the bathroom. She wake up and walk to the dresser before pull out a bathrobe. She somehow feel stupid. How can she let herself slip? But, it’s late to feel regret. Once again he was in control and she wasn’t.

 

‘Is this yours?’ Seungri ask, his fingers swing a necklace with a diamond pendant.

 

Suzy immediately go to take it off from him but he held it just out of her reach. ‘Give it to me.’

 

Seungri’s mouth curved into a wicked grin. ‘Well, well, well...where is your manner, my lovely wife?’

 

She grit her teeth and flash an angry look at him. ‘Please.’

 

‘It’s not good enough.’ He held the necklace higher as she try to snatch it. ‘Say it nicely.’

 

‘Give it to me, please.’ She was feeling totally annoyed, she even heard her muscle tightening to a snapping point.

 

Seungri continue to provoke her. ‘I know you can do better than that, honey. I want to hear you beg.’

 

Suzy feel a sudden rush of hot temper shot her body. She would not beg. NOT EVER. She would not submit to his demand. She would scratch his eyes out before she did that.

 

She throw herself at him while cursing him of every foul name her brain could generate. It come out like volcano eruption, the anger, the hate, the feeling of useless at being under his control when she worked so damn hard not be under any man control. He want to break her spirit just like her father use to do it to her mother.

 

‘What is wrong with you?’ Seungri catch both of Suzy’s fist before they land to his face.

 

Suzy pull her hand against his iron hold. ‘Let me go, you...you !’

 

‘Not until you calm down yourself.’ He said calmly. ‘Stop it. You’re going to hurt yourself if you continue to do that. What the hell wrong with you?’ he frown while look at her.

 

Tears started to burn in her eyes. This is her greatest shame, to let him see she’s weeping like a child but there was nothing she can do to stop the flow of the tears. It begin with a choke sob then follow by the first drop, and then another, and another until she finally bow her head and start to cry.

 

How could she let this happen? What was wrong with her? Where is her pride? Where is her determination? Will she be herself again?

 

Seungri release both of her hand and pull her closer into his arms, one of his hands went back of her head and gently her hair as she sobs against him.

 

‘I’m sorry,' he said.

 

Suzy sniff and he handed a tissue to her. ‘Thanks.’

 

‘Don’t mention it.’

 

She blow her nose and scrunch the piece of sheet into her hand. ‘I’m fine now.’

 

She took a deep breath and look at him. ‘I bet you don’t think I’m beautiful now.’

 

Seungri feel concern as he look at her. ‘I only ment to tease you. I’m sorry it turn like this.’

 

Why did he act like he concern for her? It will make it harder to hate him.

 

Did she really hate him?

 

Suzy push out the thought and let out a small smile to him. ‘I never beg. Ever. For anything. So when you want me to do it I ..... slip off.’

 

‘I will take note of it.’

 

They remain silence for a moment.

 

She tuck her hair behind her ear. ‘Umm...I think I should go and clean up.’

 

He gave the necklace back to her. ‘It’s very pretty necklace. Is it a gift from your boyfriend?’

 

‘It’s belong to my eomma.’ She look at the necklace at her palm before raise her chin. ‘And just for the record, I don’t accept gifts from my boyfriend. Not ever.’

 

Seungri held his dark gaze on her. ‘Beside from your eomma mansion, of course.’

 

Suzy pout her lips at his counter move. Will he give her back her eomma’s house at the end of their agreement? So far he had not made any promise yet.

 

She gave herself a little shrug as if it didn’t matter to her. ‘I believe you will do the right thing when our agreement ended.’ She look at him again with bold look. ‘So, have you decide yet?’

 

Seungri’s expression remain the same but Suzy can see a tiny muscle tightened over his jaw. ‘Don’t worry. I’ll give you an advance notice.’

 

Suzy smile. ‘So thoughtful of you.’

 

Seungri let out an audible breath. ‘You should shower first. I have some things to do. After this we will go out for dinner.’

 

‘But —’

 

The door in front of her already shut and Suzy let out a sigh. She notice that he always do that; walking away after the last word. She surely will break him off from that habit.