Opposite poles

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy come to the living room and saw Seungri poking the small wood in the fire place.  The sound of flame crackling and spitting only bring her old happy memories back.

 

Seungri has instruct the removal company to clear all things in the house and just leave the furniture which belong to her halbeoji.

 

He stand up and glance at her. ‘warming up?’

 

‘You certainly move fast.’ Suzy walking a few step further into the room.

 

‘That’s a normal thing what a new owner will do, doesn’t it?’ He reply.

 

Suzy grit her teeth. Did he had to rub it in her face every chance he get? ‘So, what is you plan to do with this house?’ she can’t help but ask him.

 

‘I think I want to move here.’ He said while brush off his two hands after put another small wood on the fire place. ‘This place is very private and will be my sanctuary from the paparazzi.’

 

She frown at him. ‘But you are a city boy. You spent all your time partying. You are going to get lonely here unless you bring some party girls to accompany you during chill night.’

 

He shrug his shoulder. ‘It may surprise you, but I don’t spend all of my time partying. I do like quietness, like this place because it’s so different from the life I live in the city.’ He meet her gaze across the glow of the firelight.

 

‘But I still don’t think you will last a winter in here.’ She said as she sit on the comfy sofa and curl her legs under her body.

 

‘Sometimes when it heavy snow you’re stuck here. The weather is so cold and you can feel the cold wind pick hole in your chest. And don’t make me tell you about summer. It will rain all the time and sometimes it will not stop until one week. I really don’t have idea why they call it summer time.’ Suzy flick her hair back behind her shoulders.

 

Seungri cross his leg over his other leg as he lean against the wall with his lips curve into a smile. ‘If this place is bad as you say then why you love it so much?’

 

Suzy throw her look at the flickering flame before she answer. ‘I spent most of the happiest time of my life here.’

 

‘You always come here with your parents?’ he ask.

 

‘Only with my eomma,’ she reply. ‘This was my halbeoji and halmeoni’s house. My appa never come here because he was to busy with his work. My halbeoji and my halmeoni don’t really like my appa.’ Her eyes fall back  at the fire again.

 

‘Everything had change when my halmeoni died. And my mother become devastated when halbeoji died a year later. That’s when things started to get little crazy at my home.’

 

Seungri was frowning when she look at him again. ‘That’s when your eomma became depressed?’

 

Suzy nod her head. ‘My eomma must feel very lonely by then.’

 

There were silence and the only thing can be heard is the hiss and crackle sound of the flames in the fireplace. Suzy took the chance to glance at Seungri but he was staring at the fire as if it was a new thing he had seen. Is he thinking about their pre-nup agreement? He must thinking of it because it certainly a thing to worry for a rich man.

 

The only way to avoid it is to stay married. Which was not something Seungri will do. He really hate commitment. He is the epitome of the freedom playboy. It certainly was not going to happen.

 

Seungri turn his eyes from the fire. ‘Are you hungry?’

 

Suzy release her hands from her knees. ‘Yes, I am. This must be from the cold weather. I use to eat a lot when I come here. My halbeoji is great at cooking.’

 

‘They don’t have a helper?’

 

‘They had, but halbeoji insist to cook. And I always help him. I still can remember his recipe.’

 

Seungri let out a y smile as he held out his hand to her. ‘Someone told me that sometime it can get very hot in the kitchen.’

 

Suzy feel a mild electric shock travel to her body when Seungri’s strong fingers wrap around her fingers.

 

She give him a flirting look. ‘If you think it’s to too hot for you, then you should stay out of there.’

 

He brought her against his body. And the tingle mild electric shock become strong. His gaze focus on her lips.

 

‘I’m pretty sure I can handle it.’

 

She moved against him and she can see his eyes go almost black.

 

‘You think?’

 

Seungri swept Suzy in his arms and carry her bridal style towards the kitchen door.

 

‘Why don’t we go and find out.’