Beginning of the war

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy roll her body over and breath in the lavender scent ... male cologne? Her heart skip a beat when she feel an arm lying across her stomach. It feel like iron bar that holding her. When she looks its was Lee Seungri sleeping next to her.

 

Had they...? She gulp. Had ?

 

No.

 

No!

 

Don’t panic Suzy. If they had her body would feel different.

 

Seungri tighten his hand that lay on her stomach and he nuzzle against the sensitive skin of her neck. ‘Mmm...’ he murmured sleepily.

 

Suzy become stiff when Seungri change his position. One of his hands move up and cup her . His touch made she feel as if the electric run thru her body. His legs were entwined with hers and she feel his—er**tion was press against her thigh.

 

Is he awake? Or maybe he was so practise he could even do in his sleep. She mentally rolled her eyes. She will not feel surprise by it.

 

He roll his thumb over her n**ple making it ache and tingle with pleasure under her satin nightgown. His mouth had found the super sensitive area behind her ear. Suzy shivered as his tongue move over the area in slow .

 

OK, he must be awake. I’m going to slap this jerk face!

 

But before Suzy could stop him, Seungri had slowly open his eyes and then he flinched from her. ‘What the hell are you doing?’

 

Suzy throw a questionable look at him. ‘What am I doing? You’re the one who touching my .’

 

He frown and look at his hand as if he had only realised what was attached to his body. He drop his hand immediately from her and move off from the bed. He run his hand through his blond hair and look at her angrily. ‘You should wake me up.’

 

She arch her eyebrow. ‘So you really can do it. I can’t believe that you can run auto pilot in your sleep.’

 

Seungri give her an irritated look. ‘You can stop me.’

 

Some little evil inside Suzy decided to . She look at him seductively. ‘Maybe I don’t want you to stop.’

 

He give her a mocking look as his mouth turn hard. ‘Too bad it won’t work for me, Suzy. Because I’m going to call off our wedding as soon as we leave this country, so you can forget about your plan to find a rich husband. I’m not a ball that you can kick around.’

 

Suzy decided to press him harder. Ohh this was so much fun! She never see him in this mood. He look tense. Where is his childish sense of humour go?

 

‘But I know you want me. You can’t deny that.’ Her eyes slightly glance at his pants before give him a smile that seem burn his anger.

 

‘You're such a piece of work. Is this how you hook your claws into every rich man?’


Suzy slowly her right feet over her left leg, her chest arch as she rest on her elbows. ‘You’re impossible  to talk. Girls might run to get into your bed. I don’t even run, don’t even walk. I got here by default.’

 

‘And now you’re going to pay for it.’ Seungri step forward and pull the cover off from her.

 

Suzy startled when Seungri grab one of her ankles and pull her towards him. ‘Get your hands off me!’

 

‘That’s not what you want just know.’ He pull her up and hold her. His firm grip on her hips tightened. She feel every imprint of his fingers pressing into her skin, she wondered if they would leave marks. She look at his mouth. what a big mistake, but she can’t help herself. It attract her like a magnet. Their bodies touching, feeling and discovering each other’s contours. She feel rush of heat all over her body, but she will not let it out of her control.

 

‘This is not what I want,’ he said but he still didn’t let her go. You want her.

 

‘I don’t want it either.’ What a big liar.

 

He suddenly pull himself away from her. ‘We need time out.’

 

Suzy’s little evil was not ready to back down. ‘Are you scared? You’re worried if you get a little attach to me, aren’t you Seungri?.

 

He glare at her. ‘I don’t want to be near you. Your nothing but trouble. And I don’t want to deal with it.’

 

‘Give me back my eomma house and I’ll be out of your life in a blink of eyes.’

 

There was silence.

 

‘No.’ He answer determinedly.

 

Suzy raise her chin. ‘Then you’re stuck with me. I’m not leaving until you give me what I want.’

 

‘You don’t want your eomma’s house.’ His lip twist mockingly. ‘What you want is appraisal from your father.’

 

‘So funny,’ she scoffed. ‘And what you want is a big appraisal from your halbeoji.’

 

He let out a chuckle. ‘For your information, I don’t need my old halbeoji’s appraisal, I made my own success. I don’t need anyone appraisal to be happy in my life.’

 

‘But you not happy. I know you’re not happy with who you are in the inside.’ Just like me.

 

His eyes flash fire. ‘Oh, don’t tell me you’re an expert now? Tell me I’m not hear this from a girl who don’t want to eat in case she puts on weight. Don’t make me laugh.’

 

Suzy hate that he know about her insecurities. How he know that? They had never seen each other for years. ‘I have to fulfil my contract—’

 

‘They don’t give a damn about you. You’re not important to them, only your million dollar body is. They don’t want to see what’s inside you, because they only interested in what they can get out from you.’

 

It is true. A painful truth. That is why she was so eager to leave this industry. She want to do business. But her confidence had always shuttered. She never go university. She had no qualification. She didn’t even finish her school. What sort of ability that she had to run her own business?

 

‘I plan to retire from this industry.’

 

Seungri frown. ‘So I was a part of your back-up—’ he made quotation marks with his fingers ‘—retirement plan?’

 

‘I have my own plan. I want to be a fashion designer.’

 

Suzy can see a frown deepening on Seungri’s forehead. ‘You want to be a fashion designer?’

 

She sigh, she never share with anyone about her plans. It seem strange, why she tell him. ‘Not every person is a size zero. There are many women out there with different body shape. None of us are perfect.’

 

‘I can’t believe you just say that.’

 

She let her shoulders down. ‘I’m tired being perfect. It takes a lot of hard work to look good.’

 

‘But you do look pretty damn good.’

 

Suzy have a mix feeling  hearing his compliment. He like the way she look. Many people too. But this is not the real her.

 

If she eat properly she would definitely gain weight—maybe one or two sizes bigger. Would he or other people find her attractive then? She was a physical fraud. An emotional one too.

 

Suzy had not been in touch with her emotions since the day she found her eomma lying lifeless on her bedroom. Since that she had lock down her emotions and act like a doll ever since.

 

‘I want to launch my own label. I want more control over my life.’

 

‘Then you will need a lot of money to do that.’

 

‘I know. I have some savings but it still not enough to start a business.’

 

Seungri was so tempted to ask her why she don't ask her rich father for help. ‘Is anyone offering to become your business partner?’ 

 

‘I have approached few people but no one interested.’ She let out a sigh. ‘I think my reputation made them go away.’

 

‘It is true?’

 

Suzy look at him. ‘About what?’

 

‘Your reputation.’

 

She scrunch her shoulders. ‘I'm not what they label. It’s just the press make it much more worse than it look like. All I need to do is standing next to someone at a party and boom I become a sensational scandal.’

 

‘But you never say anything to defend yourself.’ His expression was unreadable as his mind still interpret whether want to believe her words or not.

 

‘What was the point? It only makes it worse.’ She confess. ‘Beside, I like the gossip. I figure any publicity is good publicity for my career. Some of the famous model in the world also do things like this.’

 

Seungri rub his jaw as he study her. ‘What if I manage to get contacts to help you to launch your design. But I need to look at your proposal first. I’m not going to recommend anything that not good.’

 

Suzy feel slightly annoyed that he didn’t believe her. She will make people believe in her ability. She don’t want to be label just another brainless pretty face. She don’t need his precious money or any help from him to achieve her dream.

 

She fold her arms across her chest. ‘I don’t want your money, Seungri. All I want  is you to give me back my eomma house.’

 

‘I tell you that’s not going to happen.’ He gave her a stubborn look. ‘And, just for your own record, I’m not finished with your father. And I’m not going to stop until I satisfied. Your eomma house is nothing compared to what he did to my family. We almost lost everything because of what he did. I bet he didn’t tell his precious daughter the true story.’

 

His precious daughter. Suzy almost choke to hold her laugh. If only he know how much her appa despised her. He never showed it in public. He will not tarnish his reputation. He is a good actor but as soon as the door close her appa will show his true colour . She know her father always want a son but her eomma had failed to do so. Suzy was a daily reminder of that failure.

 

She bit her lips. ‘Is that why you tell the official that I’m your fiancée and force me  into this ridiculous marriage? You see the perfect opportunity for your revenge. Well, that was so pathetic I want to throw up.’

 

‘Do you think I will do something cheap like that? Come on, Suzy, you’re not think straight. I don’t want to get married to anyone. And if I want to get married  I won’t choose someone like you.’

 

She feel offended by his words. ‘Like me? What does that mean?’

 

Seungri let out a breath as his fingers rake his hair. ‘It’s just.... I can’t imagine you as a wife type.’

 

She raise her eyebrows. ‘You saying I will be a terrible wife?’

 

‘I think you will find it hard to compromise.’

 

She blurt out a laugh. ‘And you don’t? Oh, my god Seungri. You really such a jackass. If I’m a terrible wife, then you’re a rotten husband.’

 

‘Thank God then we can stop pretend as husband and wife as soon as we leave this country.’

 

‘You really think this is simple?’ Suzy ask him. ‘What if the press know about this?’

 

Seungri clench his jaw. ‘No one  will going to find out. We will annul our marriage as soon as we touch down. I’ve already ask my lawyer to prepare the document. Once we sign it, we're free and can move on with our lives as if all this things never happened.’

 

Well, good luck with that, she said in her mind. She had been lucky lately for keeping herself under the radar . But if the press got their story, she and Lee Seungri will be siege as soon as they landed.