Confrontation

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy come over to Seungri once her photo shoot was over. ‘I don’t expect you to stay the whole time. You must be bored out of your mind...... Hey, is there something wrong? You look space out.’

 

Seungri force himself to relax a bit. ‘Sorry. It’s about my halbeoji. He want to meet me...us tomorrow and he won’t take no for an answer. Can you ask for a day off? I sorry because it’s so sudden.’

 

‘Your halbeoji want to meet me? But why?’ She ask, frowning.

 

‘I will explain to you later. Do you think you can get a day off?’

 

‘I’m sure it will be fine. There’s been a delay on the next collection. My manager just told me about it. I will have a photo shoot the day after tomorrow so I’m yours till then.’

 

Seungri put his hand around her shoulders and hug her closer. ‘Thank you.’

 

 

 

Suzy don’t have time to do the pregnancy test because Seungri has organise they to take the next flight to see his halbeoji. She try to push her worries to the back of her mind. Maybe she was probably imagining her symptoms anyway.

 

Jiyong and his wife Dara arrive just as Seungri and Suzy was getting out of the car at their halbeoji house. Jiyong being serious with her but his wife is so cheerful and friendly.

 

Dara wrap her arms around Suzy and give her a warm hug. ‘It’s so nice to meet you.’ She pull back to look at her.

 

‘Oh.My.God~~~!!! You look so beautiful! I’m having such a fan moment time. I feel I should ask for your autograph or something.’

 

Suzy love this unnie already. ‘Congratulation on your wedding.’ It was the first thing pop up in her mind although it’s a bit late to wish her. Seungri has told her that they got married four months ago. Dara’s soft brown eyes shine with happiness.

 

‘Congratulation on your wedding too.’ Then Dara lean and whisper in Suzy’s ears so the boys can’t hear. ‘The news about your wedding is a sham, I don’t believe it.’

 

Suzy study Dara’s features. Although Dara look like the girl she want to have as a best friend, but she was not ready to spill her secret.

 

‘Oh, just wait until you meet TOP’s fiancée, Shi-Kyung. She is quite shy person but once you get to know her I’m sure you will like her.’

 

‘But I’m not worried about them,’ Suzy said. ‘It’s Seungri’ halbeoji. I always feel afraid of him whenever I see him.’

 

Dara roll her eyes. ‘Tell me about it. I avoid him as much as possible. And so do Jiyong and TOP. I think Seungri is the only person who can crack a smile from him. But you know him, don’t you? Jiyong told me that you always come to Seungri's parent house when your appa and Seungri’s appa still business partners.’

 

‘Yes, but it was a long time ago. Before I know what really happen.’

 

Dara let out a friendly smile. ‘Let’s forget the past. Now, let’s go and meet TOP and Shi-Kyung. I think that was their car arriving. See?’

 

Suzy watch as a slim figure with a brown hair young woman step out from the car to go around to the driver’s side with a pair of crutches.

 

‘But I thought TOP oppa can’t walk anymore?’

 

‘He just can take a few steps now,’ Dara said. ‘Shi-Kyung has been amazing supporter for him. They are the most adorable couple I know. See how he looks at her. It just makes my heart melt.’

 

Suzy feel her heart ache when she saw TOP take the crutches from his fiancee. He smile but that was so much more than a smile. It was the smile of a man hopelessly fall in love. But when she look at Shi-Kyung unnie she see the same thing. They were really the match-made couple from heaven.

 

TOP and Shi-Kyung walk to the rest of them. ‘Hi Suzy, welcome to the family. It’s been a long time since I see you.’ TOP said as he lean heavily on his crutches.

 

Suzy’s emotion seem to move by the warm greeting. She remember that TOP oppa always be nice to her. ‘Thank you oppa. I’m sorry about your accident. I sent a card. Did you get it?’

 

TOP give her a warm smile. ‘Yes, I’ve receive it. And it mean a lot to me. It made me smile.’ He then had balance on his crutches so he can introduce his fiancee. ‘Shi-Kyung, this is Suzy. She is an old family friend and now Seungri’s wife. Suzy, this is my fiancée, Shi-Kyung.’

 

Suzy take Shi-Kyung’s unnie hand. ‘Nice to meet you unnie.’

 

‘And you,’ Shi-Kyung reply shyly. ‘Wow, you really look beautiful like the poster.’

 

‘You should see me in the morning,’ Suzy said. ‘I spend a lot of time to cover-up. How I look is totally fake.’ I’m a fake.

 

Shi-Kyung smile but her smile say that she didn’t believe her words for a second. ‘Maybe you could give me some makeup tips for my wedding. I’m terrible at that stuff.’

 

‘I would happy to do that. You have a beautiful hazel eyes. Has anyone told you that?’

 

Shi-Kyung smile as she glance shyly at TOP oppa who was looking at her in such adorable way it made Suzy’s heart melted.

 

‘Yes; they have. Many times.’

 

Suddenly there was a loud noise coming from the house. Seungri’s halbeoji come out from the house like a dragon come out from the cave. He stand in from of them and his focus were on Suzy.

 

‘I always know that you just like your cunning father.’ He lash out.

 

Suzy step forward and straighten her spine. ‘I don’t think it’s fair to judge me base on what my appa do. I have nothing to do with it. I’m innocent.’

 

Seungri’s halbeoji look at her angrily. ‘I bet that your cunning father had plan all this with you. That’s why he can’t wait to tell me about it. You trick my grandson to marry you so you’ll be rich when he divorce you.’

 

Seungri step forward and put his protective hands around Suzy’s waist. ‘I already warn you halbeoji. I don't like you speaking rudely to Suzy. She is my wife and you will treat her with respect.’

 

He look at his grandson. ‘How long you going to keep her with you? Like I said she will leave you. She will do all sort of dirty tricks to you the first chance she gets. She is jezebe. You are crazy if you think she is going to stick with you. She will take half of your assets because you’ve been thinking with your .’

 

‘But I’m not taking what’s not mine,’ Suzy snap.

 

He laugh. ‘Do you think he will give the property back to you just because you have open your legs for him? He’s not that stupid.’

 

‘That’s enough!’ Seungri yell. He feel so angry and can’t stand his halbeoji insulting Suzy with his words.

 

Dara unnie came to the rescue. ‘I think it’s time for us girls to get to know each other while having tea. You boys can have your family meeting. We don’t want any part of it.’

 

Shi-Kyung touch Suzy’s hand gently. ‘I think this would be a good time to exchange some make up tips.’

 

‘Yes, maybe you’re right unnie,’ Suzy said.