The other side of me

This Mean War

 

 

 

They are going to have dinner at the exclusive and popular restaurant serve by seven star Michelin chef, which mean it was a famous and rich person spot, which mean the press and paparazzi always nearby with camera  standby on their hand.

 

Suzy’s stomach twisted at the thought of meeting them again. She was a pretty good actress but a body language expert will able to see that Seungri was still angry at her. He had not speak a word to her while they inside the car. He spent all the time looking through his handphone.

 

‘Can’t we just have dinner at the hotel?’ she ask as he held his hand to help her out from the limo.

 

‘No.’ he reply shortly.

 

‘But aren’t we suppose to avoid all this attention as much as possible?’ Suzy gave him a pouty look. ‘And, what will people think? We’re supposed to be on our honeymoon, remember. Eating must be the last thing on our minds.’

 

‘That’s probably the last thing on your mind, but not mine. I’m starving. I need food and I need it right now.’

 

‘Why men always lose to their desire?’ Suzy tilt her shoudler.

 

Seungri look at her with meaning look. ‘Why women always deny their needs? It’s not wrong to feel hungry or . It’s natural and not something to be ashamed off.’

 

‘You know something?’ She look at him. ‘I always hate that word.’

 

‘What, hungry?’

 

‘. It’s sounds...I don’t know. rude.’

 

He let out a grin. ‘You want me to believe that you is a sweet old-fashioned-girl? Don’t make me laugh.’

 

Suzy glare at him. ‘You don’t know me.’ No one know the real me.

 

Seungri ignore the glare she give him and slip her arm through his arm as they walk into the glamour restaurant. ‘Then, I think now is a good time to start.’

 

Full of temptation; same like when she was in the same room with Seungri. Suzy’s eyebrows frown as she look at the menu. Being tired both physical and emotional really made it harder for her to rely on her concrete determination i.e to keep her strict diet.

 

‘Suzy.’ Seungri’s eyes move above the menu that he was holding. ‘I warn you. We not leaving this place until you eat something. Understand?’

 

Suzy straight her spine. ‘I have to take care of my figure, especially now.’

 

‘Why now?’

 

She give him her famous signature look. ‘You not the only one who getting benefit from our marriage.’

 

‘Really? Tell me.’ Seungri tilt his head as he listen in interest.

 

‘My manager is finalising a big contract. Once I sign it, I’m going to be booked till the end of the year.’

 

‘Tell your manager to wait. We have a deal, remember. I want you with me.’

 

Suzy feel her heart skip a beat when Seungri mentioned he want her but then she remembered that he want her only for his precious business deal. This whole was an act.

 

‘Do you really think that you can take control everthing after invading my life?’ She snap at him. Did he assume she would drop everthing just because he ask her to do? Heol. She was not going to be ordered around like a puppy by him.

 

‘I’m not invading you life. It’s you invading my life first. Now, it’s time for you to take the responsibility.’

 

‘You think I’m going to follow you around like a stupid puppy?’ She exaggerated her feeling of disgust at him. ‘It’s not going to happen.’

 

Seungri flash her a warning look. ‘You will do what I told you to do or I will take my revenge on your father. Do you hear me? I won’t stop until I’m satisfied. And don’t say that I didn’t warn you.’

 

Suzy straightened her spine as she lean back against her chair. ‘Do you think I will respond to threats?’

 

‘You will if you know what’s good and bad for you.’

 

Suzy hear a loud alarm ringing inside her head. She had to go. She had to think. She had to clear her messy head. She had to protect her heart.

 

She quickly pull the napkin on her laps and put it on the table while push her chair and excuse herself.

 

‘Where are you going?’ Seungri’s eyebrows furrow when he look at her.

 

‘I’m going to touch-up my make up.’ She title her chin up. ‘Do I need to ask your permission too?’

 

Seungri throw her a calculated look before answer. ‘Okay. But if you’re not back in three minutes I will go and find you.’

 

I’ll be hundred miles away. Well good luck.

 

Suzy only manage to go as far as the street when she being stop, well not by Seungri but by her appa. She let out a curse because bad luck already hit her twice.

 

‘Is it true?’ Mr. Bae ask her daughter. ‘You married him?’

 

She probably mean, but she feel some kind of satisfaction doing something so shocking that disappointed her appa. Mr. Bae look like he been possessed by an evil. ‘How you know appa?’

 

‘Do you have any idea how stupid you make me look like? My friend show me my own daughter wedding picture. How could you do this to me? Have you had no brain in that stupid-big-fat-ugly head?’

 

‘You apologise to her now or I will punch your face old man.’

 

Suzy turn around and see that Seungri already standing not too far from her. He look so serious and he was clenching his fists as if he was ready for his first punch.

 

‘No.’ Suzy held Seungri’s arm. ‘Forget it.’

 

Seungri gently peel her long and soft fingers from his wrist and walk a few step towards her father. He speak to her appa in low voice and she can tell that it was not pretty. Suzy watch as her appa’s expression change, even his ears turn red as if he was going to explode.

 

‘She is my daughter,’ Mr. Bae said. ‘I will speak to her anyway I like.’

 

Seungri stare at Mr. Bae with cold eyes. ‘She’s my wife and I don’t like people speak to her like that. I’d say apologize to her.’

 

Mr. Bae let out a grunt before he finally muttered a barely audible apology, then he slide back to his car.

 

Seungri put his protective arm around Suzy’s waist. ‘Does he always speak to you like that?’

 

Suzy pressed her lips together as she watch her appa car vanish into the distance. Suddenly she feel a sudden desire to cry and had to blink away her eyes a few times to get control of herself. No one had ever defence her before. Her eomma always play a good role model wife and always follow what her appa said.

 

Suzy?’

 

Suzy look at him. Had he ever look so handsome than right now? How could she ever thought that she hate him? She quickly move her gaze afraid if Seungri caught her staring at him. ‘We don’t have the best appa-daughter relationship. His temper and my smart mouth is not a good combination at all.’

 

Seungri’s finger travel to her cheek and gently brushed her cheek. ‘Has he ever hit you?’

 

‘No. But his words are lethal. My appa did it to many times with my eomma. I guess that was the cause of her breakdown. She just can’t take it anymore.’

 

‘Why didn’t you tell me before.’ Seungri’ s expression turn sympathy.

 

Suzy let out a weary sigh. ‘Will you believe me? He always display a good and caring father image. He never speak to me like that if we in public and this is the first time he ever speak to me like that. I think that was enough proof of how much he hate you.’

 

Seungri take both of Suzy hands and give it a light squeeze. ‘Will you promise me something?’

 

‘What?’

 

‘Don’t ever be alone with him. Do you understand?’

 

Right this very moment Suzy would promise him anything. ‘I promise.’

 

‘Good.’ He brought her hands up to his lips and kiss her knuckle, his eyes fix on her eyes. ‘So, tell me about the new contract. I only hear it half.’

 

‘You not going to believe what they ask me to do.’ Suzy roll her eyes excitedly.

 

His brows furrow together. ‘A photoshoot?’

 

Suzy laugh at Seungri’s funny face expression. ‘It’s nothing like that. Guess what? I’m going to wear wedding gown from the famous designer.’

 

‘Wedding gown?’

 

‘Yes. Sound ironic isn’t? I don’t want to be a bride and now I’m going to wear all the beautiful wedding gown and earning a lot of money for it.’

 

Seungri held his gaze on her for a moment. ‘And you happy?’

 

Suzy flash her brightest smile. ‘Yes, I am. I don’t have to diet strictly. Just think of massive amount of sins I can hide under the layered of gown.’

 

A smile appear on the corners of his mouth. ‘We should celebrate this. Want to go back to the hotel and order room service?’

 

‘But what about our dinner?’

 

Seungri give a shrug. ‘I think that place is overrated. Jiyong hyung’s wife, Dara noona would agree with me too. Did I tell you she’s a great chef?’

 

‘I think I read about her somewhere in the magazine.’ Suzy fell into step beside him as they walk side by side along the walkway.

 

‘What’s she like?’

 

‘Stunning.’ He gave her a grin. ‘I mean in brother-in-law kind of view, of course. And you should meet TOP hyung’s fiancée too, Shi Kyung noona. Both of them really great and lovely.’

 

‘Careful Seungri, you start to sound envy.’

 

Seungri shake his head while his smile fading away. ‘I’m not family type of person. I think both of us are same; we like our freedom too much. I don’t want baby because they smelly and noisy. And when they grow-up they become annoying smart-mouth hothead that keep their parents up all night worry about them. No. Definitely no.’

 

Suzy gave him a playful shoulder bump. ‘I’m sure not all kids turn out horribly spoilt, obnoxious brat like you and me.’

 

Seungri gently shoulder bumped her back as they laughed.