Honeymoon

This Mean War

 

 

 

 

 

Suzy inhale a deep breath of the fresh air as soon as she let out from the car. They had arrive at her eomma house. Her eomma is the third generation who inherit the house from her great-halbeoji. There was river near the house and the water is so cold and clear that you can even see the fish swim. Every summer she and her eomma will spent time in this house while her appa busy travelling around the world for his job. It was the most of her happiest time before her eomma turn to someone she don’t even know.

 

Since her eomma died, Suzy rarely come here. But she feel so un-real to be here now. Suddenly she feel sad, this house was not hers anymore. Seungri never mentioned when he will give the house back to her. Why he want her eomma house while he have plenty of property? And what hurt her the most is Seungri refuse to sell her eomma house to her even she is willing to buy it. But she will not going to give up until there’s no other way to get it back.

 

Suzy walk side by side with Seungri to the front door. ‘Where all the staff? I don’t see them.’ she asked.

 

‘I fired them.’ He reply.

 

‘Why?’ she raise her eyebrow.

 

‘Because they were not doing their job,’ Seungri took the keys in his pants and unlocked the door.

 

‘So who’s here now?’

 

‘Only us.’

 

She blink. ‘What? Only us?’ Alone?

 

Seungri give her naughty y smile. ‘It’s our honeymoon, honey. We’re supposed to be alone.’

 

Suzy try to hide her nervousness. ‘But you say we going to have dinner with Jo Min Jo? I think that’s why we here?’

 

‘I set the dinner at the end of next week.’

 

‘Why not this week?’

 

‘It will only make me look like a desperate person. Better make him wait.’

 

‘Now I see the reason why you so rich at such a young age. You cunning fox.’ She shot him a wry look.

 

He smile as he held the door for her and Suzy follow him inside.

 

Suzy rub both of her hands as chilly air bump into her skin. ‘Right now I just wish that I’ve go to Sicily.’

 

Seungri flash a grin at her. ‘Ohh come on honey, where is your sense of adventure? I promise you that it will not be that hard to set a fire.’

 

‘This house has central heating. You can find the switch box over there.’ Suzy said as she pointed to her right.

 

‘Ok, I will go and please make yourself at home.’

 

Her blood suddenly  boils at his words. ‘Excuse me, as far as I remember, up until few days ago this was my home.’

 

‘Then I guess you don’t need me to show you around.’

 

Suzy glare at him angrily. ‘If this fun to you? Rubbing it to my face like this? What happen between my appa and your appa has nothing to do with me. Why treat me like this?!

 

Seungri has lost his smile. ‘This is not about you. Your father had nearly made my family bankrupt. And know I will take my revenge to your father. ’

 

‘Don’t you care that you are hurting me in the process?’ she said.

 

‘Did I really do that? He mock her. ‘You are the one that getting million dollars of contract because you marry me. While I, don’t get any benefits so far especially if this Jo Min Jo’ deals blow up.’

 

But I don’t want the contract!  I should never sign it.

 

Suzy push the thought deep inside her head and brought her hands on her hips. ‘I seem remember that you have cash-in some of benefits last night.’

 

His eyes shot fire at her as he close their distance in lazy stride. ‘I didn’t hear you complain.’

 

Suzy back away from him and try to look like his words has nothing effect on her. She block her minds to remember yesterday memory.

 

‘I think we need to go shopping. I am pretty sure my appa don’t left anything healthy and nutritious in the fridge.’ She said casually.

 

‘You don’t have to worry about it. I have order some take away food from the hotel. It’s in the car and we will go shopping tomorrow.’

 

Her big eyes become wide in surprise. ‘You actually know how to shopping? Like. really?’

 

‘My eomma always take me to go shopping with her.’ Seungri turn away, his expression turn grim as his mind bring back the old memory.

 

Suzy study Seungri’s feature for a moment. The car accident had killed both of his beloved parents and made him orphan. She remember the shock feeling when she heard the news. She remember to well the feeling of being alone.

 

The image of her eomma’s coffin being lowered to the ground was something that she will never forget in her life. The build up emotion inside her chest somehow want to explode, but she had hold it inside because she don’t want to disappointed her appa. Her appa said that she must be brave, but the reality is, she was dead with her eomma into that cold, dark hole.

 

Suzy cut the pain memory from her mind before she’s been carried away, ‘You must be really sad when your parents were killed.’

 

Seungri put his mask back on his face. ‘I get over it.’ Then he walk past her to go outside to get their bags. ‘I go and take our things.’

 

Had he really get over it like what he said? He was so young then, and he had not lost one but both of his parents.

 

Suzy guess that his wild and hard party lifestyle had come out from the deep pain of being abandoned in such a young age, just exactly like her.

 

 

 

Seungri put the bags on the ground and wince as soon as he heard the phone ring. He pick up his phone from his jacket, he don’t have to guess who’s calling because he had set a special ringtone for this person.

 

‘Annyeong halbeoji. How are you?’

 

‘I read a newspaper today with your marriage made the headline.’ His halbeoji’s voice hard like steel that used to terrify Seungri when he was young. ‘They even had your wedding picture.’

 

‘Do I look handsome, halbeoji?’ Seungri ask playfully.

 

He heard his halbeoji inhale a sharp breath. ‘Is this one of your prank to get cheep publicity?’

 

‘It’s not a prank, halbeoji. It’s true, we married.’ But only until the deal is secure and I will annul the marriage. But he won’t tell that to his halbeoji. 

 

‘Why on earth did you marry her? Did you get her pregnant or something?’ 

 

Seungri give himself a mental shake when an image of Suzy with a baby bump come into his mind. ‘No, she’s not pregnant. I’m married her because I love her.’ Why did  I say that. Heol!

 

His halbeoji let out a scornful laugh. ‘Don’t make me laugh. You don’t do love. You just exactly like me. Love only for weak people.’

 

Seungri know that his halbeoji’s words actually mean for his two cousin hyungs. His halbeoji always find faults at Dara noona and Shi Ji-kyung noona, as if they were not real people with feeling. He don’t want to admit but deep down inside his heart, he start to feel a little envious when he look how happy his hyungs were when surrounded by the one they loved. While his life, always busy, he don’t even know what he really want.

 

He shake off the thought. ‘You can think whatever you like, halbeoji. But she do look gorgeous and I’m only human. What more could a man ask for than have a beautiful wife who loves him by his side?’

 

‘She is pretty but she’s that fox’s daughter. Do you really want to mix your blood with that kind?’

 

What happen to his halbeoji? And why he so obsess about baby? The thoughts really make Seungri feel goosebumps.

 

‘We can leave the breeding job to Jiyong hyung and TOP hyung okay. Suzy wants to keep her figure.’

 

His halbeoji let out a grunt. ‘She will leave you. You mark my words. Next thing you know she will slap divorce paper on you face and take half your money. Why don’t you sign the pre-nup agreement in the first place, you stupid.’

 

Seungri did worry about it but he will leave the matter to side, he has a lot of pressure and will focus to the important thing first. Beside, Suzy also want their marriage to continue. The contract she got was big.

 

‘How’s the new butler?’ Seungri try to change the subject.

 

‘He’s got a face like monkey.’

 

Seungri roll his eyes. Some things seem never change. ‘I will come and visit you in two weeks. And I will bring my wife with me.’

 

His halbeoji let out another cynical grunt. ‘If she still be with you.’