Shining Little Star

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“There you are!”

 

Jiyong was pulled enthusiastically by her mom. The moment he set foot on her doorstep, not even knocking the door yet, she had opened it that he didn’t have the chance to even greet her.

 

“I *smooch* miss *smooch* you *smooch* soooo *smooch* much!”

 

Her mum rained kisses all over his face that he closed his eyes, scrunching. What would people say if they saw them?! It’s not that he didn’t appreciate her mom’s display of affection. He’s just embarrassed xD

 

“Okay, mum, I get it.”

 

And that’s when the back of his head was whacked.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“That’s for saying nonsense instead of ‘I miss you too, mum!’” Her mum scolded, glaring at him.

 

Jiyong smiled sheepishly. “I’m sorry, mum,” he pulled his mum for an embrace and kissed her temple gently. “And I miss you too.”

 

“Hmp, you better be.”

 

Jiyong chuckled. He sometimes wondered where did her mom’s childish acts come from. He should ask his dad later.

 

***

 

“Hello again everyone, this is Yoo Inna, and we’re back again in Love Beat where the heart which hides the love is beating for somebody we love.”

 

Dara could only watch the scene in awe.

 

She finally was here. Watching how the broadcast is being aired. And for the first time, she met Yoo Inna in person, though she hasn’t greeted her sunbae directly yet because the time she arrived, the broadcast was on the making.

 

“These days you may notice that the weather is constantly changing and it frequently rains every day. You know, being under the rain or even just watching the rain drops outside through the window in your room, sometimes brings back the memories of the past. Some are beautiful, but some are also painful. But, that was the past. We can finally move on and pass through it all with a smile in our face. It might be painful back then, but now that we can finally let go of it, we could only shake our head and smile, waving it off. Treat it like a piece of memorable moments of our life. Because it is still part of what we’ve been through.

 

I have prepared a beautiful song right here. I believe you will love it once you listen to its first beat and word. This is for all of you who regard your other half as an umbrella that protects you always from the rain. It’s Epik High featuring Younha, ‘Umbrella’.”

 

Dara watched as Inna put off her headphones and began drowning herself on the pile of papers in front of her. She was just speechless. Her heart began pounding hard for some reasons she didn’t know. But then, it was just nothing compared to the seconds later when someone ushered her to the broadcast room and finally meeting her sunbae.

 

She didn’t even know who pushed her body to come inside to the room and eventually, face-to-face with Yoo Inna, the one she listens to in Love Beat, besides Hanbyul whose face she still had no idea at all.

 

“Hello there,” Inna smiled. She let go of her papers and pushed herself up to greet her.

 

Dara turned into statue that very moment because was still clamped shut and she just mindlessly held her hand up for a handshake. Inna didn’t seem mind, though. “What’s your name?” she asked.

 

“Sandara Park.” She finally found her tongue.

 

Inna smiled heartily. Ah, such a beautiful unnie. “Come on, sit down, please,” Inna asked her. “I’ve got a few questions for you.”

 

Dara blindly looked for the chair and sat down. Still speechless. Hm, such a cute rabbit.

 

“I’ve been told that you’re currently a high school student and handling the school’s radio. Correct?”

 

Dara nodded. “Yes.”

 

“And you’re interested to become a part Love Beat?”

 

Dara nodded, this time, vigorously. “Yes.”

 

Inna’s face brightened. “Have you ever written letters for us, then? I mean, not only the ones we read, if it did, but also those which we couldn’t read because of the time limit in the broadcast.”

 

Maybe it’s because of the friendly approach Inna pulled that Dara didn’t feel stunned anymore. She began to find her confident.

 

“We’re Love Beat fans, actually.” Seei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter