Serendipity

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Right after that unforgettable moment, which Jiyong’d sworn he’d cherish forever, and Dara disappeared behind those doors, his brain worked at the speed of lightning. Then, as if a light bulb in his mind, he quickly maneuver his bike, riding straight home.

 

When he finally arrived, he parked and went up to his flat. He had no idea where the guys might be. They could either hang out in his or Seunghyun’s flat. Even when he was still five steps away from his door, he could hear the ruckus going inside his own flat. He punched in the code which wasn’t a secret to them all and was welcomed by Seungri’s loud whine saying, “HYUNGGGG! YOU FINALLY CAME HOME! WHERE’S MY BIKE?”

 

And Jiyong, being Jiyong when he had something in his mind, he didn’t bother sparing Seungri a glance. He just walked passing them all without saying anything and went straight to his room and slammed the door shut. The four clueless guys looked at each other and raised their brows in confusion. Before one of them could break the silence, the door suddenly opened, revealing Jiyong’s head poking out.

 

“Do your thing, whatever you want but do not dare disturb me.”

 

After that warning and Jiyong murderous glare, the door was closed again and the guys hadn’t left from their earlier position as they just blinked and tried to figure out what happened.

 

“What the heck was that?” Daesung was the one came to his senses.

 

“Perhaps, he’s working on something,” Taeyang responded, though he wasn’t sure himself.

 

“Let’s just not wake his inner dragon, okay?” Seunghyun whispered.

 

“But where’s my bike?” Seungri mumbled, looking at the closed door desperately when he still hadn’t gotten any answers.

 

Inside the room, Jiyong quickly put his bag down and laid on his bed. He kicked his shoes off and grab the radio on the bedside table. He had been keeping the radio in his room since he found it a few days ago. And today he was going to make out the most of it.

 

He began searching for the radio station he had in mind. Everyone would see how determined he was, seeing that he was all-serious with those knitted brows, constricted jaws and gritted teeth.

 

“That’s right, Dara-ssi, today we’re going to read some letters from the listeners out there that we’ve received..”

 

His ears perked up and his hands stilled. His heart raced that he believed he no longer had the control of it anymore.

 

“Thank you, Inna-ssi. Let’s start with the letter from Kim Hyunjoo. Alright, I’ll read it first.”

 

There. He finally heard her angelic voice he adored so much. He silenced himself to listen to her more. Every word he caught sounded so heartwarming for him that it surprised him. He didn’t realize the beautiful Sandara Park had him wrapped in her finger.

 

The realization made him feel a strange yet nice feeling surged through him. That particular feeling had made its appearance for awhile that he recognized it just now. Yes, it was strange for him to feel that way but surprisingly, he looked forward for more in the future. With that thought, Jiyong grabbed his laptop and began typing. He had no idea how long it should be but he decided to just give his all. After some minutes, with ears still glued to the radio to catch whatever they’re saying, he finally finished his writing and sent it to a particular email address.

 

“What the hell are you doing, Kwon Jiyong?” he shook his head, feeling weird yet excited. “I’m gonna woo you, Sandara Park.” Jiyong laughed, realizing that he was indeed out of his mind since the very beginning.

 

“Thank you for your letter, Kim Hyunjoo-ssi. We wish that your beloved mom will get better each day so she could get back to enjoy every day with you in health.”

 

“Alright, now, we’re going to read the next letter from…”

 

“Ah Dara-ssi, how about we make the order randomly? Say, you close your eyes and choose which one without looking!”

 

“Oh oh, that sounds fun, kekeke. I’m in!”

 

“Alright. What about you choose it, then I’ll read it, and vice versa?”

 

“Yep, let’s do it~ Let’s do it~”

 

“Come on, choose!”

 

“I am now!”

 

“Don’t peek!”

 

“I’m not!”

 

Silence

 

“Yep, I got it!”

 

“Alright, thanks Dara-ssi. Now, I’m going to read it. It’s from someone..uh, I don’t think I’ve ever heard this name before.”

 

“Who is it?”

 

“The letter said it’s from… Mr. Pumpkin?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Well, it’s what it said. Alright, I’ll just read this although the name alone sounds very cheesy kekeke. No offense at all, Mr. Pumpkin, whoever you are!

 

 

Dear Love Beat, I’m not sure if you’ll read this letter or not. But, I just want to share this to you guys.

I’m 18. I have mom, dad, and an older sister. I have friends whom I love to spend my time with. I also have some classmates in my school. I have a very normal life, you see. Very common. You can say it’s as common as my name. They all call me by my name. There isn’t anyone calling me other than my name yet. But, someone finally did and I met her today.

Do you want to know what she called me?

I don’t think you’ll believe it once you hear it.

She called me… Pumpkin.

Once I got home, I ran to my room and found myself in front of a mirror. I tapped my cheeks, widened my eyes, pulled my hair, and even made a funny face only to discover if there was any reason for her to call me Pumpkin!

I’m still thinking about it until now. And perhaps, by sending this letter, she could know that I’m still wondering about it and maybe she could explain it to me later when we meet. Anyway, do you have a nice sweet song about angel?

If you do, will you please play it for her? She’s very nice, sweet and angelic to everyone so I think it suits her well. Thank you.

 

P.S. I think I like Pumpkin more than my actual name because of her.

 

 

“Woahh, this is so sweet, Mr. Pumpkin! He even requested a song for her! A song about an angel, he said, oh my God. Was he actually saying that this girl is an angel for him? Omo omo!” Inna giggled giddily. She nudged Dara who sat silently beside her. That partner-slash-friend of hers looked like she was about to burst. Well, in a good way. “Isn’t it so sweet, Dara-ssi?”

 

“Eh?” Dara blinked. “Y-yes, very sweet indeed.”

 

“Dara-ssi, are you okay? Why are you suddenly blushing so hard right now?” Inna laughed. “I think this Mr. Pumpkin guy is seriously such a sweet person, right? With only his letter, he could make our Dara-ssi right here blushing to the roots of her hair as if she was the one mentioned in his story! No kidding, everyone, I’m so giddy myself! I believe that many of listeners feel the same way since the letter written by Mr. Pumpkin sounds so sincere and sweet. Aside from feeling glad to receive your letter, I have to say that we’re so curious about your short story, Mr. Pumpkin. We all wonder who that girl might be and we’re definitely looking forward for your next letter for another hints kekeke.”

 

Inna kept on gushing over the letter she’d just read to no end. Maybe that’s for the best since Dara couldn’t control the loud beat of her heart. She was worried it was so loud that even Inna who sat beside her could hear it too. It was one thing to be caught blushing hard by her but Dara definitely didn’t want to add another embarrassing moment in a day. She inhaled, trying to calm her heart and herself.

 

Jiyong? She mentally mumbled his name, as if he’d hear her. Was he really the one writing the letter?

 

Then as if providing her answer, her brain replayed the scene when he dropped her off in front of the building.

 

“Go, Dara, you have plenty of listeners waiting for you.”

 

That obviously got her. Her eyes sparkled in mischief without he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter