Traced Path

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEWARE!

Long chapter ahead! kekeke I hope u won't get bored ^^ enjoy reading!

 

 

 

“Dear, have you eaten yet?”

 

A beautiful woman dressed in a chic clothes, even when she had no plans going out and only stayed at home, looked up. She smiled briefly at her ever-worried mom. “Not yet, Ma,” she replied shortly. That alone instantly made her mom’s brows raised so high with a look of disapproval. “Come on, have a meal first.”

 

With that, she quickly ushered her one and only daughter to the dining table. She literally shoved her tons of healthy dishes prepared on the table down . Her mom could be paranoid sometimes but she understood her. She mostly got her way with her, knowing that she’s the only treasure she and her husband had. She would exactly do and give everything for her. Pampered? Yes. But it wasn’t like she asked to be treated like that.

 

Sometimes, when her parents couldn’t resist her request, she’d take advantage of that. She knew they wouldn’t want her to look sad and all. But of course, mostly, she’d do it in a good way. Except that one night… When she made a big mistake. A mistake that should’ve never happened. But still happened in spite of her denial of the reality as it rushed in her life.

 

It was a mistake she’d forever regret.

 

And now, if only her heart wasn’t clouded with some awful feelings she couldn’t name, she wouldn’t miss a second to devour all those mouthwatering dishes. Even those greeny things called vegetables. Her tummy would definitely make a big room for those. But it was different now.

 

“What’s with that look, darl?” A deep voice behind her suddenly greeted her hearing. Only then, her father came around and took a seat across her. A man in his late forties clad in an expensive black suit took a sip of his late afternoon coffee. “You know we are just keeping you healthy. So, don’t stare at those innocent veggies like they’re some criminals for your tummy.”

 

Hearing her father joking and even said the word ‘veggies’ would absolutely get her laughing so hard that her mom undeniably would scold her for behaving inappropriately in front of food. But she had no idea where the hell her sense of humour had gone to. She actually knew he was making up with her. She was his one and only daughter after all. He couldn’t get mad at her for such a long time. But of course, that didn’t mean she’d be free from the blame.

 

Her mom chuckled on her behalf while stuffing more rice, beefs, eggs, spinach, mushrooms, and seaweeds—almost everything into her plate. “Mom, I’m okay,” she tried to convince her. But her mom didn’t back down easily as she never took a no for anything, especially that’s concerning her. She sighed.

 

***

 

“I thought you were gone to do the broadcasting thing.”

 

Bom frowned, seeing her super melancholy and curious friend stepped inside their class all smiling. It was their last subject for that day. Chaerin pulled the chair beside her for her to sit.

 

“Thanks, Chae,” Dara chirped.

 

“So?” Bom asked, still raising her left brow. Something’s definitely off, she thought, noticing the super wide grin that plastered on her friend’s face. And a bit spooky, she shivered, seeing that the said grin didn’t seem to faltered anytime soon.

 

“It’s cancelled,” Dara answered, smiling widely and not minding how creepy she looked.

 

“O....kay,” Chaerin started, glancing at Bom for a few good seconds before turning her attention back to the creepy smiling girl beside her. “What happened?” She asked, cautiously.

 

Still smiling as if it explains everything, Dara started to storytell what Heejin had explained to her earlier. Chaerin listened to the story very carefully while sometimes, throwing glances at Bom who wiggled her brows in response.

 

“..and hence, we couldn’t do broadcast today,” Dara ended her story, cheerfully and even still smiling.

 

Dara wasn’t sure whether it was blank or disbelief expression that was planted on both Bom and Chaerin’s face. “Err- guys?”

 

 

“UNBELIEVABLE!”

 

 

“Am I dreaming?”

 

For some reason she didn’t know, they turned into two crazier (because somehow, they were already crazy) girls in front of her eyes. Oh Dear God, what kind of crime had she commited in her previous life to have these insane human as her friends? Her heart cried at the thought.

 

“Dara, did you really smile that wide because your broadcast schedule was cancelled?”

 

“Dara, how could you look so happy like nothing matters like this?”

 

“I really had no idea I was going to witness this in one of the days of my life!”

 

“Okay, Bom, that was a little exaggerating.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

Dara blinked. She stopped smiling and just averted her eyes from Chaerin to Bom, then back to Chaerin again, then landed on Bom. She blinked again to regain her focus. There, she found them staring at them, if not intently, then curiously. “Really, what’s up, guys?” She asked.

 

Chaerin glanced at Bom sheepishly but she nudged her instead, like urging her to speak and not her. After such an endless glaring and nudging, Chaerin cleared . Facing Dara squarely, she began her speech, “You know Dara, we’ve known each other for years. You know me and I know you. You know Bom and she knows you. You know us and we know you.

 

Despite having no idea where this conversation would lead her to, Dara kept on listening.

 

“We know how much you treasure this broadcast, school radio thing. We watched you from the very start you began your broadcast experience. From one point you stumbled down to the point you stood up with a pack of confidence and endless spirit in your grip. I thought today’s broadcast is really important since the Academy’s big event is nearing. But today when you couldn’t do broadcast, we witness you feel nonchalant about it like it was some nonsense and nothing more.”

 

“You even smile so wide, I was afraid your mouth would rip into half!” Bom butted in, her eyes rounded and widened, almost like in utter astonishment.

 

“What happened, Dara?” Chaerin asked, softly. “Did you somehow lose your motivation?”

 

“Did you somehow lose your sense?”

 

Chaerin punched Bom’s arm playfully. “Ouch! What was that for?” She reprimanded, nursing her arm as if it was really hurt.

 

Chaerin only rolled her eyes. And then, both of them stared expectantly at Dara.

 

For some reason she didn’t know again, Dara turned crimson red, remembering what happened at the studio earlier. “I didn’t lose my motivation,” she started, nodding at Chaerin. “And I, obviously, didn’t lose my mind, okay,” she wanted to laugh at Bom, seeing her expression.

 

“You won’t believe this, but I met a guy earlier, his name is Kwon Jiyong and- I don’t think you’ll believe this, but he brought a CD which contains his song! You know what, I heard from Heejin that he did the composition himself and even the recording himself! He actually went to the studio earlier because Heejin said that he said he wanted the entire of Academy- I mean, the ENTIRE of Academy to be the first listeners of the song he made! I wonder if he wished to be part of the event the next three months. It will be great, don’t you think?! But first, it will be so amazing if he feature on our program! You know, not everyday you could hear an exclusive interview with a soon-to-be musician! He seems so nice, though. I think he’ll accept our proposal. Oh, I’m so excited! What do you think, guys?”

 

Both Chaerin and Bom dropped their jaw. “I told you, she's lost her mind!" Bom managed to mutter under her breath. Chaerin nodded absentmindedly.

 

“Did you say something?” An obviously clueless smiling Sandara Park asked, cheerfully.

 

***

 

“Is your next check up session coming up soon, dear?” Mom suddenly asked when silence had engulfed them in a few moments. Her daughter looked up. “Next Friday, Ma,” she answered. “Mom will come with you, okay,” her mom said.

 

Hyejung tried her hardest to muster a smile. Instead of replying with a hint of sarcasm, that would definitely provoke her father much further, she nodded solemnly. She didn’t understand. Her mom never missed a chance to accompany her going to hospital for her scheduled check up. She actually had attended three ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter