Never Lose Hope

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

(Continuation of the night when the three bestfriends were having sleepover)

 

After telling her bestfriends what’s been bugging her, Dara felt so much relieved. She’d known they’d support her decision in the end. She didn’t regret sharing part of her with them though Bom had to make fun of her most of the night. It’s good that her advice in the end of their sharing session made up for it.

 

Now they were already lying on Dara’s double bed, ready to visit the dreamland. They insisted that Dara slept on the upper bed while they both took the lower one. But Dara being the kind Dara assured them that they three could just share the upper bed. Then Bom being the dictator Bom told her to be quiet and just sleep like how she did everyday on the upper bed. She told Chaerin could lie beside her too and that she’d occupy the lower bed herself. “If you don’t want me to kick your in the middle of the sleep, you’d better leave me alone in this bed and just share between the two of you.” That was what she said.

 

Dara couldn’t sleep immediately. Her thoughts were filled by Jiyong. She wondered if he got worried about tomorrow at all. He’d been working hard to prepare all this. She knew it because she was by his side most of that time. And she knew he’d also do well. None of those hard work would be in vain.

 

Startled, she felt her phone buzzed beside her. She waited for a few seconds to make sure both of them had gone to dreamland before she checked who texted her this late. Bom’s and Chaerin’s profound breathing was heard, indicating that they both were already deep in sleep.

 

Are you still awake?

 

Dara unconsciously smiled seeing who it was. Jiyong.

 

Unfortunately.

 

Jiyong didn’t take long because one minute later, her phone rang immediately. Dara answered her call.

 

“Hello,” Dara whispered.

 

“Petite, why are you whispering? Am I disturbing you?”

 

Once again, she smile despite herself. “No. Bommie and Chaerin are having sleepover in my house.”

 

“Oh, are they already asleep?”

 

“Of course. If they aren’t, they’ll surely be the one talking to you now.”

 

The sound of Jiyong’s chuckle registered to her ears, warming her heart. “Why are you calling, anyway?”

 

“Can’t sleep.”

 

“Hmm, am I some kind of cure for your sleep trouble, then?”

 

“I wouldn’t know if I didn’t try, right?”

 

Dara chuckled. “Are you worried about tomorrow, Jiyong-ah?”

 

“Honestly? Yeah, a little.”

 

“You’ll do well, I know it.”

 

“What if I don’t?”

 

“Then, I won’t talk to you anymore.”

 

Jiyong groaned. “I will have to work very hard, then.”

 

Dara stifled her laughter. “Of course you have to. I’ll be cheering for you.”

 

“I know you will. You’re my biggest fan. Make sure you cheer the loudest too.”

 

“Nope. You’ll enjoy embarassing me too much.” Dara smiled.

 

“How is that embarassing? It’s honorable.”

 

Dara rolled her eyes though he couldn’t see her. “Whatever, Jiyong-ah. Just go to sleep, it’s already late.”

 

“Now, you’re shooing me away. It’s unacceptable.”

 

“Listen, Mister, I’d love to talk to you on the phone for as long as you want but now isn’t the time. I’m afraid Bom and Chaerin would hear us. Bom will never let me live my life in peace if she did. Now, promise you’re going to rest and save your energy for tomorrow.”

 

“You’d love to talk to me on the phone for as long as I want?” Jiyong’s teasing voice registered in her brain. That moment, she knew it was the only thing stuck in his head. “You want me to call you everyday?”

 

“I’m hanging up.”

 

When Jiyong laughed, Dara felt weird that it sounded just like he was there beside her. It was impactful.

 

“Alright, ma’am, I’ll do exactly as you say. Kwon Jiyong at your service.”

 

“I’m really gonna hanging up.”

 

He laughed again. “Alright, good night, petite. Sweet dreams.”

 

Dara smiled. “Good night, Jiyong-ah.”

 

And that night, the moon shone brightly as if happy, witnessing they slept so peacefully with smiles on their face.

 

***

 

Today

 

“Oh my God, how come I haven’t decided what to wear for the festival today? Omo omo what should I do? What should I wear?”

 

“Dara-ah stop panicking. It’s not like you don’t have anything to wear inside this closet.” Chaerin gestured at Dara’s cream-colored closet standing beside her.

 

They were currently standing in front of Dara’s knee-length mirror, putting very light make up to freshen their face. She, Bom and Dara had just taken their shower in turn and ready to start the day. It was time for both of them to go back to their house and separated ways since Dara had to go to school earlier than them to meet Jiyong.

 

“But what if I look out of place?”

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes. “Come on, out of place or not, you’re still the prettiest.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter