Epiphany

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After half and an hour and the class was finally dismissed, Bom and Chaerin fulfilled their promise to see Dara back in the clinic. Bom insisted that they took a cab to go home together and to make sure Dara arrived home safe and sound. Hence, she mustered a sad and full of regret face in front of Jiyong, saying that he’d done his part well and his presence were no longer needed. It was their time to take over, or so she jokingly said.

 

Dara had no idea how she looked to Jiyong at the moment. After Bom declared that she was going home with her, her eyes looked at him almost as if longingly. She had no idea that she unconsciously sagged her shoulders as if in defeat. Or when she sighed dejectedly.

 

Most importantly, she had no idea that Jiyong noticed them all. He might not say anything but, he looked as if observing her intently. He approached her who was sitting on the edge of the bed and leveled their gaze. He closed enough gap to inspect her face but they were not yet as close as they’ve ever been.

 

“Dara, we’re just gonna wait outside,” Chaerin said, nodding in acknowledgement to Jiyong. She, then, proceded to rush Bom out of the room. “Why should we wait outside when we could do that inside? Aren’t you worried you left them all alone in there?!” It was clear from her grumblings that Bom didn’t really favor the idea of waiting for Dara outside. It wasn’t because she didn’t like the idea of the two of them together inside but because... “What if they kiss?! I want to be the one who witness it!” Dara’s cheeks turned red instantly. She believed Jiyong could hear it too. Ugh, stupid Bom, Dara scolded. Why couldn’t she just keep the thought to herself?

 

“Are you sure you’re feeling better?” Jiyong cleared his throat to divert their attention from Bom’s loud complaining outside.

 

“Uh-huh,” Dara hummed, letting her eyes observing her and Jiyong’s feet on the floor. She didn’t dare look into the depth of his eyes when they were this close. Given also that their friends were still around them, though they were just waiting for her outside. She couldn’t just ignore their presence and have this whole world with Jiyong alone.

 

“Not feeling dizzy? Nauseous? Pain?”

 

Dara shook her head and murmured a quiet “No.”

 

“Are you strong enough to walk on your own or do I need to carry you?”

 

Dara looked at him and witnessed the gleam in his eyes. Instantly, she knew that he was just fooling around to lighten up her mood. “Stop joking,” she muttered, playfully punched his arm.

 

“If you need anything, call me. You know you can count on me, right?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter