Tangled

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Haven’t you heard anything from her?”

 

Sunwoong looked up to see Mithra took a seat beside him. He, then, went back to put his head on the table, closing his eyes, and sighed.

 

“I took it as a no,” Mithra concluded.

 

Eversince their talk in that particular club, a day after that, Sunwoong called him, along with Jeongsik to explain this thing that has been bugging him for God knew how long. He knew that Mithra was right. He shouldn’t run away, avoid things and drown himself into drinks that could kill him. He shouldn’t leave them behind just because there was one thing disturbing his mind but at the end, he didn’t even do a thing to make it all right. Sooner or later, he needed to face this and make things right. And he started with talking it out to his friends.

 

They didn’t judge him. But, they also didn’t say much. He knew that they must have felt that he didn’t need any more lecture. All he needed now was only support. To make things right.

 

“I don’t need to talk to her,” Sunwoong said, after awhile.

 

“Why?” Mithra frowned. “She’s her bestfriend. She might know things happened between you two.”

 

Park Hanbyul. She was Hyejung’s bestfriend.

 

How could he know, you ask? The question how could he remember was the proper one. Sunwoong couldn’t deny that he remembered every single thing happened that night between the two of them. Their little drunk chit-chat before they hit the bed. Sometimes, he needed to do that, right? Listen to whatever she was saying. But at that time, he didn’t know what demon possesed him but he just wanted to hear her voice. She was rambling that she just needed a break without her bestfriend, this Park Hanbyul girl, tagged along with her since she’d nag on her and drag her out of the club.

 

It just spun around his head, not wanting to fade away. He couldn’t even freaking concentrate. If he were allowed to, he’d just stay in his pad until this freaking memory went away. But, he needed to go to work. Everyone in the building literally looked for him since their group was supposed to have a comeback a few months from now.

 

“Then, she knows me too.”

 

“Is it a problem?” Mithra asked. “It’s not like you’re going to run away from the responsibility, right?”

 

Sunwoong went silent. He started to feel that again. That particular feeling which has been taking over his emotions.

 

Scared.

 

He knew he fxxked up. But he wasn’t a fxxker, too.

 

He’d had responsibilities waiting for him. But he was a human too. A young man who felt new to these things. He didn’t know if he could be a good father, meanwhile Hyejung, just as he made love to her that night, he knew, deep down, she was a woman with good heart.

 

“I don’t deserve her.”

 

***

 

“Honey, please, eat this.”

 

Hyejung sat on her bed, leaning against the bedpost. She looked at nothing in particular. Her eyes watered as if she prevented herself from blinking. She was breathing but she didn’t make any sound. Hardly spoke at all throughout the day. She just sat there in silence until she fell asleep.

 

It was almost dark outside and she hasn’t eaten a thing since this morning. She didn’t complain about being hungry and this state of her was starting to worry everyone in the house. The maids came one by one to serve and help her eat but she wouldn’t even notice their presence. They gave up, not receiving any respond from her. And now, her mom took over, trying to get her only daughter to eat something.

 

“Hyejung-ah, please,” her mom started to cry, since it was so heartbreaking to witness.

 

She still talked just like usual yesterday. But today, she was like someone else.

 

“Honey, listen to—“

 

Knock knock

 

Her mom sighed. “Come in,” she said almost quietly, not expecting anyone at the moment.

 

“Excuse me, Madam, there’s someone downstairs.”

 

“Who?” her brows arched.

 

The maid just politely showed her a clueless expression. “Alright.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter