Sandara Rush

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m so drenched.

 

My uniforms are wet. My hair is wet. My bag is wet. I don’t even wanna open it up and look inside to prove my suspicion. My books, probably have turned into pulps. Seems like I’m gonna need a bowl or more for that, whatever.

 

I’m not writing for that. I’m writing because today’s rain is unlike what I’ve experienced before. Something’s changed.

 

It’s all thanks to Miss Sunshine whom I took her home today.

 

She’s so bright, beautiful. Like a sunshine to my storm. A rainbow to my rain. But, I didn’t mind getting wet and even drenched, my books turned into pulps that I’m surely going to take care of after this, if that was what’s needed to make her smile—I’m down.

 

She was laughing so much behind my back when I rode her back home. Eventhough I couldn’t exactly see her smile up close, it’s enough that she laughed because of my jokes. Because of me. Hearing those sweet angelic laugh registered to my ears, crawling up to my mind and then, dropped and ended in my heart.

 

Miss Sunshine, if you’re listening to this, would you let me know if I could take you back home again tomorrow?”

 

 

 

“Today felt so hard.

 

A lot of things needed to be done at once and I almost feel like somebody wanted to rip me into half. Our class also had two tests today and I felt so worn out, even more when I had to do some practice for our upcoming event.

 

But apparently, someone has managed to make me smile.

 

Yes, she was the Sunshine on the other day. But today, she is the cherry to my ice cream, if you know what I mean ;)

 

I was sitting on a corner, didn’t want to be disturbed. I was working hard on my music, bringing my guitar along with me, when she walked up to me. Filling the space beside me without permission, not that she needed to, and brought me an ice cream. Just like how I like it, chocolate.

 

It tasted just like how normally chocolate would be, but it got even more sweeter, knowing that she got it specifically for me and that she was right there, beside me—looking at me with those beautiful eyes and a twin of my ice cream on her right hand. When I got home today, I still couldn’t brush her image, smiling to me, off my mind. I’m happy that I can make her smile. That’s why I have a request for her…

 

Ma chérie, can I take you for a walk and get you the best ice cream in town tomorrow?”

 

 

 

“Oh my I had no idea yhat Id be right here writinh to u guyz when I’m spposedly takin a nap

 

Im npt used to sleep sfter sch00l

 

but I’m just so sl33py righty npw tyhat ghere moight be some typ0s

 

Latye night call; all noght long

 

but n0 rewgrretz

 

Mizz zunshine, I;ll call u gain tpnight.

 

 

 

Tell me, did you really write that while sleeping?

 

Dara re-read her text, then quickly pressed Send button.

 

She shook her head as if she couldn’t get what was going on a guy’s head like Jiyong’s.

 

Beep beep beep

 

Dara wasn’t surprised to see Jiyong’s name flashed on her phone screen. She almost laughed, knowing exactly that he couldn’t waste more time by explaining to her through texts. On the other hand, she was, somehow, expecting him to call her since Inna read his letter that afternoon in Love Beat. He'd been writing and sending his letters to them and that day he sent another letter but, shorter one about the last night they'd spent together on phone. They were indeed talking, most probably about everything, on phone all night long at the night before. They talked, laughed, teased each other, shared some stories, almost everything. They were so drawn into each other’s voice that they didn’t notice the night has gone and replaced by midnight. They finally called it a night and went to bed one or two hours before dawn.

 

She almost couldn’t hold her smile from appearing on her face since he was surprisingly incredibly cute, sweet and funny at the same time. She should’ve known this since they were gotten a lot more closer to each other. But everytime, he sent letters to them, she couldn’t help but touched at the sincerity of his words. She’d asked him before about whether he actually refered to her in every letters he wrote.

 

“It’s all about you,” he said, gently.

 

She couldn’t remember if there was anyone like him before this. All she could think was Jiyong, he was the one and only.

 

“I told you,” she heard his voice over the phone, “I was half-awake at that time.”

 

“You made so many typos, you know.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter