Butterfly

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was already nearing afternoon. The festival was going to begin in a few hours. So, the atmosphere got more and more busier as time passed by.

 

“You’re kidding, right?”

 

Dara looked up to see Jiyong frowned at her. “Unfortunately, no. I really have to be there now.”

 

“Can’t you ask for a day off just for today? Why can’t they see that you’re also still a student who has another responsibility to attend to?”

 

Dara smiled hearing the same questions he asked for the nth time. When she told him that she couldn’t accompany him on his rehearsal because she’d a schedule in Love Beat, he’d been complaining nonstop. She even had Chaeyoung’s blessing to go since that girl insisted Dara didn’t have to help with anything more today. But here, Jiyong was still sulking because she’d chosen not to let him know about this earlier. “I’m afraid I can’t, Jiyong-ah. It’s a big day too for Love Beat. SE7EN-ssi will be there in our radio. Realizing that he’s currently topping charts as the hottest new artist, they surely won’t let this chance to pass.”

 

“So, he’s the root of the problem here. Who in the world is he anyway? Haven’t heard his name before. And what kind of name is that?” His frown deepened as he sounded more and more like a jealous boyfriend.

 

Dara gently caressed his arm without thinking twice. She knew Jiyong was upset but she didn’t expect him to get upset over this petty thing. Nevertheless, she still found it cute. “It won’t be long, pumpkin. I’ll be here even before you notice.”

 

Jiyong pouted while Dara smiled, realizing she got him. “Promise?” he asked, offering her his pinky finger. Dara laughed. “Okay,” she intertwined their little fingers. Jiyong showed her his gummy smile. “You’re such a kid,” Dara shook her head.

 

“Well, your fault.”

 

They later separated ways as Jiyong was called to prepare for his rehearsal and Dara needed to go as soon as possible to the radio. Since she was so accustomed to having Jiyong took her home, she suddenly felt awkward in a cab. “Why am I so silly?” Dara gently nudged her head. When she finally arrived at Love Beat, she was quickly ushered to prepare for the broadcast along with Inna. In short, she got busy as soon as she stepped inside.

 

However, Dara didn’t regret it at all. The fact that they let her be part of today’s broadcast with a new rising star was a blessing. She even felt like she couldn’t thank you enough. That’s why she’d work hard. While preparing her papers, she suddenly smiled at the thought of her ditching Jiyong this time. He needed not to worry cause she’d definitely come back to school venue after wrapping up. She might miss the opening but she’d make sure she won’t miss Jiyong’s stage.

 

***

 

“Jiyong, you have ten minutes before your stage.”

 

Jiyong looked up from his silent phone as he heard Chaeyoung’s voice. “Okay,” he sighed.

 

He was sitting alone in one of the school classes prepared for him as one of the performers. He saw the staffs who were his classmates went back and forth, running here and there, looking busy as ever. Well, he was relieved he didn’t sign up for it.

 

Anyway, it’s been two hours since he last saw Dara. It’s been long enough since the festival began and she was still nowhere in sight. He’d been looking at his phone which was sooo silent since Dara left. No texts. No calls. Okay, he might sound petty yet exaggerating but hey, that’s the truth. He didn’t expect for her to take this long. He heard a distant voice in his head saying, who was he anyway? Then, another voice replied, even if he was someone, he wasn’t supposed to be this way.

 

He sighed for the nth time again. He was just worried about her. What if she couldn’t make it today? Her broadcast work was also her responsibility and God knew how passionate she was about work.

 

He thought his plan would succeed this time. He’d prepared for it in God-knew-how long. He didn’t want to mess up but how could it work if Dara herself wasn’t here?

 

Ruffling his hair, he sighed. “Aish, she already promised to cheer for me.”

 

“Who, hyung?”

 

Jiyong almost jumped in shock as he heard someone behind him.

 

“You rascal!” he whacked Seungri on the back of his head.

 

Seungri shrieked in pain, slumping on the floor. “Why am I always getting whacked for no reason? Don’t you know it’s dangerous for my brain? What if I can’t think anymore?” He rubbed his head. Seunghyun, Taeyang and Daesung also stepped inside and witnessed how their maknae suffered again. Four of them were wearing the same outfit since they were also performers. But unlike Jiyong who was going solo, they performed as a dance group. It was something that bonded them together too until now. They had performed about ten minutes ago which explained their relaxed faces—well, minus the beads of sweat though.

 

“You never think,” Daesung furrowed his brows, looking sincerely confused. Seungri just glared at him in response.

 

“You surprised him when he was still in daydreaming session. That’s your sin,” Seunghyun explained. “I was just asking CALMLY. I didn’t even startle him,” Seungri defended. “He was daydreaming. You shouldn’t disturb him,” Daesung replied. “Then why are we even here?” the maknae cried, helpless. “Showing support,” replied Taeyang, easily.

 

“Yo! Kill the stage, bro!” Seunghyun suddenly changed the room’s mood and approached silent Jiyong first. “Oh hyung, your outfit’s cool! Where did they get this for you?” praised Daesung. “Thanks, man,” Jiyong accepted their fistbump. “You guys were incredible earlier. I’m so proud. Sorry for not greeting you soon after your performance, the staff guys were already looking for me.”

 

“Tell me about it,” Taeyang chuckled. “It’s okay though. Everyone’s hella busy, it’s making my head dizzy.”

 

“That rhymed!” Daesung giggled. “But anyway, I even want to puke from all of this craziness but decided it won’t look good in front of the girls so, I changed my mind,” rambled Daesung.

 

“Girls who?” Jiyong frowned.

 

“Dara noona’s friends, hyung!” Seungri exclaimed after long enough in silence. “Anyway, she was the one you were daydreaming about earlier, right?”

 

“It’s obviously obvious. No need for the confirmation,” Seunghyun laughed, followed with others.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter