Sweet Distraction

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, you’re serious with that, noona?”

 

They were currently riding on a bike, going to school, as usual. Since Dara won the rock-paper-scissor between them earlier, the big bro was in charge of driving it for her wicked yet beloved little noona. It was only half an hour before the class began. So they weren’t in a hurry and seemingly enjoying the cool breeze of today’s morning. Though the sun was already up for a few good hours, the air was enough to make them shivered.

 

Dara tightened the loose scarf on her neck and replied, “With that what?”

 

Sanghyun rolled his eyes. “With Love Beat, of course. What else? Or did you decide on signing with another radio which I don’t have any idea at all?”

 

Dara chuckled. “It’s still early. What’s with the sarcasm?” Sanghyun only grumbled in reply, letting Dara have her good laugh in the morning. “Calm, dude. And yes, I’m serious. I’m sure. Two-hundred percent sure!” Dara grinned. “Okay, if you say so. You know that you’ll always have my back.”

 

“How sweeeeeeet,” Dara muttered, placing her arms on her big dude’s torso playfully.

 

“Jeez. Don’t make me puke.” Sanghyun jokingly made a sound of puking right away. Dara laughingly hit his shoulder. “Don’t get mad please, baby!” Grinning mischievously, Dara emphasized her favorite endearment for her brother when in a full knowledge that he despised that in the first place.

 

“Oh God, not again,” Sanghyun groaned. Yet Dara’s laughter didn’t cease down and even got louder. It mustered his entire hearing that he puffed his cheeks in annoyance.

 

***

 

Jiyong hung his head low, taking a look on what his palm had. The CD. He gulped.

 

He closed his eyes and took a breath, calming himself. Just believe, this is gonna do. He locked his jaw and opened his eyes only to find Seungri sat in front of his desk. His left brow raised, naturally. “What are you doing here? Last time I checked you’re not in the same class as I am. What do you want?”

 

Hearing the unexpected long question, Seungri raised both his brows. “What am I doing here? Last time I checked you’re The Infamous G-Dragon. Wait, you’re even my hyung! What do I want?”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “Go away, Seungri.”

 

“Wrong answer, dude!” Seungri chuckled. Just as his laugh ceased and he was about to say something, another voice piped in along with the presence of The Great Alien. “You’re holding up alright, Ji?” He asked, putting his face dangerously close to Jiyong’s, making the latter widened his eyes. “Jeez, give me some space, will you?” He grumbled, right away, shoving his hyung’s face away. The Great Alien backed away but didn’t stop observing his face, making the latter sigh in annoyance.

 

But then, whatever conversation they wanted didn’t start as expected because that very second, another heads poked in. “Is it the time?” Kang Daesung blinked, asking them. The three lads frowned at him, not getting what he meant. “What do you mean?” Seungri chirped. “What he meant is, is it the time for Kwon Jiyong The Heartbreaker to get in the game?” Taeyang enlightened, standing in front of Daesung with his head poked in under Daesung’s. Muttering a desperate groan of Oh Ghaad, Jiyong put his arms to cover his eyes. He then blindly took a seat and put his head on the table.

 

Seeing the thing in Jiyong’s grip, Seunghyun stated, “I believe in you, Ji.” Hearing his hyung’s deep baritone voice, Jiyong uncovered his eyes and looked up at him. “I know you can do it,” he smiled sincerely like a hyung he was. A friendly pat on his shoulder from Seungri told him the same thing too, “Go now, hyung. This is what you wanted, right? To be musician?”

 

Jiyong was silent for a second, then nodded. “This could be your fresh start, hyung. Trust me,” Seungri ensured. The soon-to-be musician himself didn’t even return a word. He looked at somewhere, furthering his gaze on nothing particular. But actually, his head was spinning, his mind was wandering. His heart made a loud thump that made him feel even aware of the situation he was in. He gulped.

 

Realizing what his bestfriend’s worry could be about, Taeyang said, “Don’t worry about the outcome for now. What’s matter is you’ve given your best. Like Seungri said, this could be your good start for your future. I know you’ve always wanted to be what you’re going to be only if you go to the Broadcast Room now and show the world what you’re capable of. You’ve been given this chance so use it well. Good things don’t usually come every now and then. When it’s within your reach, grab it. You’ve got our back, don’t worry.”

 

Jiyong’s heart pounded erratically, realizing his bestfriend is right. Absolutely right. He could feel the rush of adrenaline pumped inside his veins. He could feel the sudden excitement that filled him in. He could feel himself anticipating what would happen once he was inside Broadcast Room and took a step forward for his future. Oh, how he longed for this kind of feeling. He, then, confidently stood up and grinned.

 

“Oh wow, hyung recovered really fast.”

 

“The power of Taeyang’s speech.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“That’s my man!”

 

 

Jiyong scanned his gaze on four of them. Never did he regret meeting these ridiculous yet wonderful guys. They might often piss you off, make you their laughing stock for darn weeks, set you as their victim of dozen pranks, leave you in the middle of the night with their snore because they have low toleration of alcohol yet they still drank or even teased you to death. But above it all, the most important thing was they’ve always got your back. No matter how weird your wishes were. No matter how crazy your dream was. No matter how twisted your way of thinking of the future you wanted. Once again, they’ll always be there for you. And they didn’t do it merely out of responsibilities as bestfriends, or merely out of pity, or in order to get you do the same thing to them in the future.

 

No.

 

They did it because they cared. Deep down inside their hearts, a will to support whatever you’re going to do, it’s always there. And it never vanishes. It also applied the same to the others. They treated each other as how close friends would do. It’s even more than close friends, bestfriends, whatever they call it. They’re more like brothers to each other. And that explained why.

 

“I fxxking love you, guys.”

 

They suddenly erupted in a good loud laughter, hearing their Jiyong said that to them. “Come here you all,” he continued, ushering them to share a brotherly embrace together. An exaggerated ooohh was heard afterwards. Jiyong rolled his eyes, smirking. As they’re patting each other’s back, Jiyong said in his infamous playful tone, “You know, if only you guys were bunch of hotties, I would gladly take each of you in a date.” Their laugh and pat-on-the-back stopped for a second, noticing Jiyong’s statement was left hanging. “In turn,” Jiyong completed his sentence, laughing his out.

 

“Ewww, now that’s absolutely gross, hyung!” Daesung shuddered exaggeratingly.

 

“Ugh, don’t ever think of including me in your affair! Seems like there’s already a lot of dirty little plans inside your head, huh,” Taeyang wrinkled his nose.

 

“The guys are right. You’re twisted inside and out. Period,” Seunghyun frowned in disgust.

 

Jiyong continued to laugh out loud. See? They always could make you share a good laugh to the world. But then, his gaze darted to the maknae who looked all mischievous. Jiyong frowned a little and decided to ask. “Why aren’t you commenting?” He inquired. When Seungri only laughed and Jiyong saw the glint of mischief was still there, in his maknae’s eyes, he accused, “Are you somehow saying yes to date me? Ya! Listen, I was just joking. You know, I—

 

Seungri held up a hand. “Hyung.”

 

“—just want to light—“

 

Seungri put his hand right on his hyung’s face. “Hyung.”

 

“—en the mood as I always—“

 

“Hyung! Listen to me first, okay?” Seungri butted in, impatient.

 

The other guys could only turn his head from Jiyong to Seungri repeatedly as if they were watching badminton. Their mouth gaped, clearly not understanding.

 

“What?” Jiyong blinked.

 

Seungri sighed. “I’m actually wondering about something.”

 

“About what? Are you somehow wondering that I might actually take you all to a restaurant down the road, prepare a goddamn candlelight dinner and ask you to be my girlfriends?” Frowning Jiyong asked.

 

Seungri shook his head and before his sometimes-dumby hyung could emit another word, he said, “I’m just wondering the one you’d take on a date would actually be The Sandara Park.”

 

Jiyong and the other guys dropped their jaw.

 

***

 

It was lunch break when Dara went out of her class, heading to broadcast room. Not even a day passed without her visiting that room—her sanctuary. She walked so slowly, yawning every two minutes. She didn’t know what has gotten into her. Earlier, she was attending her math class but not long after that, she felt so sleepy that she couldn’t hold her eyes opened for two seconds. She’d eventually blink her droopy eyes and fell into darkness once again. Fortunately, she was still able to compose herself and join the class in the remaining minutes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter