Sunset Kiss

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Time was really a mystery. One time, when we’re happy, in love, it would pass so quickly that we didn’t even realize it. We only wished for it to just stop—to never end. Next time, when we’re engulfed in sadness, it would pass so slowly as if stuck at one particular minute that we couldn’t even believe it. We only wished for it to just pass quickly.

 

But Dara didn’t think being busy could make her almost forgetting what day today was. Day by day passed with her being busy as ever—she didn’t think she’d been this busy before. Attending her regular classes, handling school radio and Love Beat, preparing for the upcoming event given that the due date was nearing. She had to do things and jobs given to her faster to reach the target. She was passionate, alright. But she was also a human who needed to rest. She couldn’t lie, saying that she wasn’t tired the moment she went home whether after working with the team or broadcasting.

 

Luckily, she still had time to rest properly, taking a few moment of her currently busy life for a peaceful mind. And the good thing was she didn’t feel stressed about it like any of her friends who didn’t miss a chance to rant and complain everyday. Instead, she felt more than excited, anticipating the big day. In fact, though they got busier each day now that the event would be held in a week, Dara was the one always appeared all-smiles whenever she worked with the team. Everytime they asked that about her, she would just wave it off—simply saying that she just wanted to spread happiness and good vibes to support all members of the team. She was really kind and sweet like that.

 

Dara sighed audibly as she slumped herself on the couch beside her. Today was really tiring since she assisted the members of the decoration team to finalize the performance stage. She closed her eyes as she felt her body ache. She actually had been feeling this since a few days ago but she forced herself not to think about it too much so that she couldn’t really feel the fatigue.

 

“Tired, already?”

 

Dara felt the other side of the couch dipped as someone took a seat beside her. She opened her eyes and saw Jiyong looking at her, flashing his mischievous smile Dara knew so well. Both of them had gotten close as the days passed. They met more often also as they worked hard to prepare the event. They got along really well too. Since both of them loved to throw jokes to each other, their days became more colorful as they filled it with laughter. Maybe that was also why Dara didn’t feel burdened or anything with the bustle of event.

 

Dara felt her smile crept up to her face but she closed her eyes again, savoring the moment. “If I were just sitting, singing and playing guitar, I wouldn’t be this tired,” she commented.

 

“Yah, it’s hard, you know,” Jiyong disagreed. “You have to be the one performing in front of hundreds audience, looking at you, observing every of your moves, making—

 

“I know, master, I know,” Dara cut him from blabbering even more. “But you know, without them, you can’t possibly perform in the first place, can you?”

 

Jiyong scratched his head. “Well then, I’ll have my own concert for my own fans too.”

 

“Conceited, huh,” Dara chuckled. “Who in the world want to be your fan?”

 

“She’s beside me already,” Jiyong smirked.

 

“You mean me?” she asked, acting as if she couldn’t believe what he was saying. “In your dreams, pumpkin.”

 

“I’m hurt, petite,” Jiyong said, putting his hand on his chest as if feeling hurt. “Why are you so mean?”

 

“Whatever,” Dara rolled her eyes playfully then laughed.

 

“Because you’re openly hurting me like this, I have to punish you,” Jiyong sternly said.

 

“Well, what do you have in store, mister?” Dara dramatically said.

 

“You have to come with me now.”

 

“What?” Dara opened her eyes and sat up straight. She frowned at the serious expression he put on his face. “Yah, where are you going to take me?”

 

“You’ll know it later,” Jiyong smirked as his mischievous smile back on his face. He raised his brows suggestively.

 

“Are you going to abduct me? Yah! Tell me already!” Dara exclaimed, feeling even more panicked as his grim and serious expression were replaced by his trademark mischievous look.

 

“You have nothing to do after this, right, petite?” he asked instead.

 

“Huh?” Dara furrowed her brows even more, not getting it.

 

“Don’t bother answer it. I already know,” Jiyong rolled his eyes. “Come on!” Then, just like that, he dragged her out of there and left.

 

After a good fifteen minutes of journey, Jiyong stopped his bike and asked Dara to get off. They were already arrived at God-and-Jiyong-knew-where. Dara looked around and couldn’t help but smile, seeing the open field in front of them. Green leaves, bushes and trees were all she could see. She turned to find Jiyong looking at her with smile. “What’s this place?” she asked.

 

“It’s obviously a field, petite,” Jiyong answered, smirking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter