Unexpected Clash

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day by day passed so quickly. It was such an extraordinary phenomenon took place in front of our eyes but, we couldn’t reach our hands out to pause or even stop it from happening. No matter how much we were determined to slow the time down, it was useless—and pointless even before we tried. Yesterday was over and replaced by today. Then, it would also be replaced by a newer day called tomorrow. Everything happened earlier remained history and we could never go back.

 

Everything felt like a blur as the whole school just realized that in three days, the most-anticipated festival were going to be held. Almost everyone transformed into an I’m-sorry-I’m-hella-busy kind of person in all of a sudden. Even the teachers had no idea how many times they’ve sighed everytime one or two, or twelve students asked for their permission to leave the class to prepare for this event.

 

It was their second break when Dara was going to leave so abruptly just as Mr. Han dismissed the class. Bom who sat beside her was fast enough to grab her hand. She frowned deeply, “Where the hell are you going?” Dara turned to her with the same frown, trying to free her hand from Bom’s grip. “Why the hell are you preventing me to go?” she asked daringly. Bom rolled her eyes, knowing exactly at the time like this, Dara would always act so defiantly and faking her voice and words just to make her stop questioning. This was so unlike her.

 

“I asked you first,” Bom said, quietly. Dara knew, quiet Bom was just as dangerous as screaming, exploding with fury Bom.

 

Dara sighed. “I have to go. Chaeyoung asked me to help the decoration team. They needed a lot of hands to get it done for today’s work.”

 

“Chaeyoung?” Bom began to raise her voice. “And why the hell are you obeying her like some kind of puppy now? Did she even do her own part there?”

 

“Of course, she did and does. Come on, she just asked for help.”

 

“Well, it looks like you’re the slave and she’s the master to me.”

 

“Bom,” Chaerin called warningly, putting her hand on Bom’s shoulder.

 

“Bom, I’m really not in the mood to argue with you.” She kept trying to release her hand from Bom’s strong grip but, Bom didn’t let her.

 

“You haven’t eaten since breakfast for God’s sake!” Bom finally released her, standing up to level their gaze. Her sudden outburst surprised a few of classmates who were still chatting inside. “Don’t even try to trick me because I know you went to them too earlier when Chaerin and I were having meal in the first break. You’re neglecting your own health for them. For what? Helping them? Right? You can help, Dara. But, help them just the way you can. This entire thing isn’t your own responsibility. This isn’t your task alone so, don’t overdo everything by yourself. Now, I ask you, will they even care if you’re sick after everything you’ve done to help them?”

 

Right at this moment, Dara couldn’t care less for the sympathy and care lying underneath those scoldings. It was like she was deaf for those words. She didn’t like it hearing someone preaching her or preventing her for helping other people. She knew what to do and she just wanted to help. That’s all. She wanted nothing but the success of this event. She never wanted praises or thanks. She truthfully felt delighted that they even thought of her and asked for her help. She felt needed and contented that they were considering her participation. That’s why she welcomed them open arms. She loved to make new friends along the way. She would never have this chance if they didn’t let her in the first place.

 

And what? She thought she was that weak? She was tired, she admitted it. But weak? That’s just over the line. She wasn’t even hungry to begin with so, she felt like Bom was scolding her over nothing. In the end, she also sounded like she accused her committee friends for something they didn’t even do.

 

“Of course, they will. They’re my friends,” Dara answered boldly, jutting her chin out to make her look like a big girl who got this. “You never even once helped me there no matter how many times I asked you.”

 

“Guys, can you please not fight like this?” Chaerin frowned sadly at them.

 

“Oh, right,” Bom rolled her eyes. “So, now you’re trying to blame me and victimize yourself when you already know the truth.” Bom looked at her squarely in the eyes, wondering how on earth Dara could be such a thick head. She shook her head.

 

“I need to go,” Dara murmured, quietly. She threw a glance at Chaerin and when she nodded, she switched to look briefly at silent Bom who was back on her seat, turning pages of a certain book as if nothing just happened. Then, she left.

 

Dara got out of the class with no intention of coming back. Her mood has been ruined and her spirit has decreased. Somehow, she felt drained after arguing with Bom. She sighed, not wanting to dwell on it more. She walked to the school yard to see if she could manage a little help. That’s the least she could do now that she’s decided to skip class.

 

“Hey, what’s with the long face?”

 

Dara was startled to suddenly hear his voice behind her. She turned to look at Jiyong who fell into steps beside her. He looked back at her, frowning. “Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked. “Why are you looking like that?” Jiyong retorted back. Dara pouted.

 

They s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter