Because

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day Hanbyul left Love Beat…

After Inna made sure Hanbyul was calm down and alright, she bid her goodbye and went home. Earlier, she refused her offer to ride her home with the car she had brought today and reasoned that she had to meet someone first. Indeed. She really had to.

And there she was, walking down the street to her destination. Passing some food stalls, stores, public areas, she surprisingly didn’t show interests to even glance at it. She just needed to see this someone as soon as possible. She even almost had nothing to think. Inside her brain was only the thought of Hyejung and the question of How. Ah, her head just wouldn’t stop to add another difficulties for the ache and throbbing pain. She lifted her right hand to massage her temple while crossing the road with some people around her.

Hanbyul’s sleek hair was swayed by the gentle wind as it blew chilly through her body, supporting today’s great weather. Her flawless glowing forehead was beautifully exposed as her long black hair fell to her right and left, completely covering her ears. Her pointed-nose, smooth blushy cheeks and red lips made her even more stunning. She was beautiful with her usual attire—white shirt and plain jeans, wrapped with brown light coat. Yes, she was indeed beautiful but, she was hurting inside.

“I need to do this, Hyejung-ah. I really need to.” Hanbyul desperately explained to her one and only bestfriend who had been silent since she started the conversation. They were hanging out as usual. Hanbyul invited Hyejung to come to her house since it’d been awhile after their last meeting and beside, she had something to tell her. Something more important than a pancake and a glass of milk to accompany you while talking to your besties.

And there, Hanbyul, finally, told her that she had to leave Love Beat radio—a place where her time of chasing biggest and wildest dreams began. “Why?” Hyejung asked again in the lowest tone she had.

“Do you want something else? Are you looking for something bigger, now?”

Hyejung just couldn’t help it. She was just as in despair as that friend sitting in front of her. Tears started to fill her eyes while she was unbendingly struggling to hold it back. Holding everything that might only strike her till she could hardly breath. Now, they were dancing in the brim of her eyes. She kept her eyes steadily with a constricted jaw, keeping those unblessed tears. She wasn’t mad. She was just disappointed though she knew she shouldn’t have felt that way.

And the same thing did to Hanbyul. She was drowned into billion mixed emotions she’d never thought of. She was also trying to fight back against her will on letting and pouring everything out in front of Hyejung, so that in the end, she’d understand. She fought it back because she knew it could change nothing. They were already in such a critical moment, surprisingly created by themselves. They said they’ve never gone terribly mad to each other and only in a day they’ve broken that statement. Badly. Only because a misunderstanding, unclearing, and longing.

.

Peak.

All of the worst feeling she’d ever had, invaded her heart and it was when she couldn’t take it any longer. She abruptly stood up and hastened her pace to leave. When she had the grip of the door knob, she heard Hyejung, with tears rolling down on her wet face, said...

“It may change you into a person I don’t know anymore! A person I never wish to be my friend. A person I can’t remember who she was before. A person I’d thought she was always willing to listen to me. And if ever you come back to face me, I know you won’t be the same Hanbyul I used to befriend with.”

“Then, I’d better not come back.”

She closed her eyes tightly, remembering her last harsh words. Now that she’s lost her, she wished it wasn’t too late to wish it never happened. But, it’s indeed too late.

“... If you find me waiting next time, remember that it’s you whom I waiting for…”

A voice from another moment was replayed inside her head. It was her own voice. But, truly, she could hear her voice saying that as if she really did say that to her. It was meant for her, Hanbyul completely knew. That little thing moved her heart to realize that she had crossed the line that day. She wasn’t supposed to be that rude, to be that mean, or to be that harsh on her. She was the one bore the biggest fault. What she had done that day and even days before, didn’t make a good impact to their friendship.

They were both still hurting inside and one didn’t have the will to cure each other. And the one said was herself. It was Hanbyul herself. She didn’t even try to approach her but there, Hyejung wished the best for her and finally, with open arms let her go. Yes, she did nothing yet Hyejung still had the courage to break the wall and close the gap. Ironically, the last thing she said to her was the last thing she would say to her. Her heart pricked a bit that made her silently flinched as she recalled those most unwanted words ever she’d emitted to her.

“Then, I’d better not come back.”

Hyejung was so kind to make a time to wait for her. It was beyond her expectations. But, is she really  willing to wait for her?

Perhaps, Hanbyul was too stupid not to come to her but, she was too weak to do so. She didn’t deserve Hyejung’s kindness. She was too wrong to be right.

“I’m sorry…”

She had no idea how many I’m sorry she should say to her to bring back those precious times to be together. But, she completely discerned that apologies in words aren’t the best one. They were both injured. And to be well again, they needed time. They just needed time. And so, then again, she would wait. If they were truly meant as friends or best friends, or sister in arms for each other, even when they took different paths to go, in the end they would still meet again halfway—before encountering dead-end, so they could unite first and confront whatever came against them.

After a moment the last particular scene was being played inside her head, she realized that she had arrived. She blinked her eyes and shook her head to drag herself back to earth.

A certain building was standing sturdily in front of her. It looked calm and peaceful with a cold environment, accompanied by average-height trees grew around the building. Clean and neat roads supported the atmosphere everyone could get. It was a plain building—by some means, with no exaggerated and excessive decorations hanging on every door and wall—but left traces of, somehow, high and promising place. Its outer wall colour reminded anyone of a melted dark chocolate. Inevitably different and unexpectedly captivating. There was no idea about what and who was inside it, but by the first left impression, you’d find many things exceeded your expectations. Even if you were only walking, passing it by, you’d be tempted to look out and see what’s inside through its long clear windows.

Hanbyul looked up at it first, thoughtfully, as if considered it once again whether it was a right thing she had come all the way here. But then, she breathed deeply—encouraging herself, pushed the glass door and stepped in. She went straightly to a room where she had only fewer times ever visited. She looked over her shoulder to see whether anyone coming to her way and when she saw no one, she moved closer to the another glass door of the said room. She peeped through it and tried to have a look of a person she had been looking for.

“You’re here.” A voice greeted her right when she was still busy spying on them. She clutched the front part of her old dark grey jacket and looked at the source of the voice in surprise.

“Dongwook-ah.”

A handsome boy about her age smiled at her, Choi Dongwook. He was tall, friendly and seemed to be a hardworking type of person. He was also the one who got a great amount of confidence which was sometimes Hanbyul adored. Actually, it was 2 days prior before their meeting today in the same building. They’d met several times before and got comfortable with each other since they aimed the same thing. Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter