Clueless

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hello again, guys! You are listening to Break Hits with me, Sandara Park!”

 

Jiyong looked at her, smiling. So this is how she handles her program…

 

“It’s been a long time since our last airing session with our dearest Heejin-ssi, but unfortunately, she can’t make it today since she’s not feeling well. Let’s us all hope she’ll get better soon so she’ll come back here again, accompanying all of us with her warm attitude and humorous remarks,” she laughed, “But no worries! I’ve got someone else with me here.” Dara glanced at Jiyong, nodding enthusiastically to the microphone in front of him.

 

Jiyong gulped, nervously. This is it, Kwon. “Hi, everybody, I’m Kwon Jiyong.”

 

 

Silence

 

 

Dara laughed to break the silence that was deafening. “Inhale, exhale, Jiyong-ssi. We’re not gonna interrogate you or something so you don’t need to be all tense and stiff, kekeke.” Jiyong let out a laugh, realizing he was behaving not normally. “I’m sorry, I’m not used to this,” he said, frankly.

 

Shaking her head, Dara assured him, “No, it’s totally fine. Besides, we’re just gonna having fun right now. For your information guys, well, maybe, some of you have acknowledged this before but Jiyong-ssi—

 

“Please, just Jiyong,” Jiyong butted in, feeling uncomfortable with her calling him so politely.

 

“Oh okay,” she continued, “Jiyong here is very talented when it comes to music. It’s as if you’re born with the talent. And growing up, you’re becoming more passionate and serious in doing music. Is that true?”

 

“Well, I’m not sure about all those good things you’ve mentioned earlier but I’d rather take that as a courage than a compliment because yeah, it’s true that I’m really passionate about music. I love listening to music since I was a kid. There was a time when the music was played, I’d spontaneously followed the rhythm that I started dancing and all. By the time I was eleven I think, I began to try singing and I told myself to just keep pursuing this and let myself go with the flow, like just see where it’d bring me to.”

 

“Splendid,” Dara commented. “But what about your parents? Have you ever encountered any conflicts with them? Or do they agree to your choice about pursuing music?”

 

“No conflicts at all and I’m grateful for that. I consider myself lucky to be supported as how I deserved to be supported by them and I don’t need to look like a very stubborn son demanding his parents to yield to his wishes or even more to have to choose between family and music that mostly I watch in dramas and movies.”

 

They laughed.

 

“Okay, enough laughing,” Dara chuckled. “So now, what are your goals? Or are you in the middle of doing something spectacular about music?”

 

“I’m actually into making songs these past few months. I believe that singers would do their best if they perform their own songs they genuinely composed. So yeah, I’m focusing on that right now.”

 

“That’s indeed a surprise,” Dara praised. “So, with this new passion you found, I think you’re going more further than anything you’ve done before.”

 

“Yeah, as what I said before, I’ll let myself go with the flow and see where it’s going. If this is what I’m gonna do, then I’m gonna do it right,” Jiyong laughed at his words.

 

“That’s fantastic,” Dara smiled. “And now, I think everybody’s become pretty curious about what kind of music Jiyong does and how it sounds like. I’m also curious myself. Are you ready, Jiyong?”

 

“Ready when you are,” Jiyong smiled back.

 

“Here it goes everybody, A Boy by Kwon Jiyong.”

 

***

 

“Woah, isn’t that cool, everyone?” Dara’s voice echoed along the corridor, hall and classes. “This deserves some applause and appreciation, right? We have a musician in our school! That’s awesome!”

 

“Ah, thank you, I still need to improve myself more,” Jiyong responded, humbly. And freaking shy.

 

“Oh right, I remember one important thing. I’m going to announce to you all that in the next three months, our school will hold its annual event. This is the perfect opportunity for you guys who would like to participate, whether to be the committees or the performers, it’s all up to you, guys! Anything that you’re most comfortable with in order to contribute in this event. Also, you can get the formulirs on the school committee room. And since I can’t hold it in anymore, I’m gonna tell you all a secret. Okay, it’s not gonna be a secret anymore after the whole school knows kekeke. So, Kwon Jiyong here will be one of our most-awaited performer that will liven up our stage! What do you think, Jiyong? Have you thought of any ideas for your upcoming big performance?”

 

“This came out as a huge surprise to me, actually when I first heard it. But then again, this is a perfect step for me to show that I can do this and for that, I’m willing to work hard. For the ideas, well you know, you can say I’m still dumbstruck about this that I haven’t thought of anything yet. But I assure you, I’ll work hard from now on.”

 

“Great!” she cheered. “Now that Jiyong said that himself that he’s willing to work hard to show us his best, we’ll absolutely wait for him on the stage later with his outstanding performance. So yeah, I think this is where we say goodbye for now. It’s enough for today. Thank you so much, Jiyong for coming here and performing for all of us, letting everyone have a sneak peek of your awesome talents.”

 

“You’re welcome. Thank you for having me here, too. Thanks everyone.”

 

“Thank you guys. I hope you all not only enjoy today’s program but also learn something because that’s what’s important. Don’t forget about the announcement I’ve stated before. Once you get the formulirs, further information will be told by the core committees. Okay, leaving out of your reach now, I’m Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong here. See you guys! Bye!”

 

“She’s surely enjoying this,” Bom tried to stifle her giggles.

 

“She’s always enjoying her broadcast,” Chaerin commented.

 

“Chaerin-ah, sometimes I wonder where the hell did you get this trait of denying the truth,” bom sighed, dramatically. “She’s obviously flirting with that Kwon Jiyong of a musician!”

 

Chaerin was silent for a moment until Bom tried to take her words back. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that, you know. I’m just joking.”

 

“It’s not that, Bom. It’s just…” she trailed off.

 

“What?” Bom inquired.

 

“I just remembered it somewhere, I’m not sure when, but I think I heard rumours going around in the past saying that this guy isn’t the one-woman type our dear friend’s been dreamt of. So, I’m just worried if you keep pushing her with him, she’ll end up falling for him. And I'm afraid it's gonna be pretty bad. Even more now that they know each other and are going to work together.”

 

Bom grew silent, digesting Chaerin’s words. “But I thought, he looks fine and maybe, he’ll fall for Dara, too. I mean, if there are two people fall for each other, nobody will be hurt, right?”

 

Chaerin thinned her lips. “I’m sorry to burst your bubbles, but you know there’s no guarantee for that.”

 

***

 

“You’re pretty good. It was a nice song.”

 

Jiyong turned his head and found Dara looking at him with such an admiration on her face. He suddenly felt conscious that he wasn’t sure which one was redder, his cheeks or ears.

 

“Not r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter