Petite & Pumpkin

BEHIND OUR FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hanbyul tightened her grip on her sling bag as she walked inside the building. She had just wrapped her activity for today. She had been busy all day. The circles below her eyes and the exhausted look on her face showed that she deserved hours of rest and sleep. She even slept on the trainee building the other day since it was already past midnight. She couldn’t even believe her own ears the moment her coach said that they’ve done enough for today. That meant she had the rest of the day for herself, without worrying anything.

 

But as she walked out of the door, she felt that emptiness gripped her heart. She had felt this way since Dongwook pushed her to meet Hyejung. She didn’t know why but she felt scared of what might happen once they met. She didn’t know if now was the right time for them to meet after so long. After their heated arguments… After those hurtful words…

 

That’s why she headed to the company building and looked for him. She felt not quite herself and she needed company. These days, she had been focusing on preparing her future career. She could barely talk to Dongwook, the one who always comforted her. Whenever she felt distress coming to embrace her, she did nothing but lean to him, pouring everything that bottled up in her heart and clouded her mind. She felt like he had become someone she trusted. Someone she could lean onto.

 

Hanbyul walked through the corridor and went upstairs. She remembered the directions he had given her when she asked him where to meet him. After reaching the second floor, she turned right to find a particular dance studio where he was currently practicing. She walked up to the glass door and tiptoed to obseve the situation. Her eyes wandered through a few figures laying on the floor, gasping breath, while the other kept practicing the dance moves. She, then, recognized Dongwook, who was practicing alone in front of the mirror, when he stared back at her. Their eyes met. Then, she watched as he turned around as if providing her a full view to look at. He muttered something to his partners and approached her.

 

Hanbyul stepped back as he opened the door for her. “You came,” he said between his breath. “I did,” Hanbyul answered, smiling. For a moment, they just stared at each other until Hanbyul, who got insecure as she remembered how she looked like at the moment, looked away. “Come on in,” he invited, opening the door wider for her. She shyly nodded and walked inside. A few of his partners looked at her way, probably wondering who she might be. Her cheeks heated, suddenly realizing she wasn’t supposed to be there. She immediately regretted her impulsive mind to urge her to meet him.

 

Dongwook led her to sit on the couch on the corner of the room. He felt the knowing stares and smiles being thrown at him as he walked beside her but he would deal with them later. Once they sat down, Hanbyul immediately said, “I’m sorry, I realized I’m not supposed to be here.” He glanced at her who looked down at her hands. “Hey, what are you talking about?” Dongwook ensured. “It’s okay to come here. It’s not as if they will throw you out.” Hanbyul snapped her head to look at him. Seeing her scared and shocked eyes, he corrected, “Damn, I was just joking. Okay, sorry.” Hanbyul sighed. “Are you in a break right now?” she asked, lowering her gaze again. Dongwook hummed in response. “Are you practicing for your debut?” she asked again, still not looking at him.

 

“Hanbyul-ah, I know you’re here not only to ask me that. What made you come here? You look so tired, you should’ve gone straight home.”

 

She muttered, “Are you throwing me out?” Then, pouted.

 

Dongwook smiled a small smile. “I’m just saying, dear. You should manage your own time. I believe you still have a lot to do.”

 

“I just want to see you.”

 

Oh crap. Hearing that, Dongwook wanted nothing but hug her or maybe more that he wished he didn’t take her inside the studio where there were a lot of unwanted spectators watching them. He looked how much Hanbyul suffered her early weeks of training. He realized it must have become her daily burden. He knew precisely what she felt. He, himself, had a lot to do since his debut was nearing. But it didn’t make him forget about her, given that she was currently going through hard times.

 

Dongwook had stopped himself from calling her in the middle of the night, wanting to calm his own heart about her well-being. He wanted to know if she was okay. He wanted to comfort her the way he always did. But he restrained himself from doing that any further by ensuring himself that she should have given her time to adjust herself. She needed to learn after all. Now seeing her so worn out, distressed, he wanted nothing but hug her to recharge her energy. He could only wrap his arm around her shoulder briefly before somebody caught them. “Now you see me, right?” he tried to joke. “I hope you’re okay,” he whispered. Before Hanbyul could response, someone called him ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter