Stress

Belle Dame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I roll in bed still dreaming about the dance yesterday. The charming smiles he sends me is still clear in my thoughts as if it was just a moment ago that we were together. The soft touches and whispers he gives me still happens to keep my feelings lingering.

"Lady, Please get up." Eunji runs up to me and gives me a leg rub trying her best to wake me up. I giggled at the ticklish touches since I seemed to be a sensitive girl who couldn't even stand a poke in the stomache. It reminded me of my mother who often gave me massages to relief the stress that I often had. "Yein is busy so, I've got to take care of you all by myself."

"Yes, Mom." I teased and she rolled her eyes playfully. She continues to give me a massage knowing how I kept complaining on how sore I was yesterday night. She pulls herself up finally and I follow after her as we approach the wardrobe. 

"I picked this outfit for your interview." She takes out a fuchsia dress that stood out brightly. 

"Oh shoot. I forgot." I facepalmed, remembering about the review days that were going to take place every two weeks so that the people of the country could keep track with the competition. Since the royal family were mainly quiet about their daily lives, this seemed to be the only way the public could keep track. Other nations too, could keep track of how the Kingdom of Hayen was doing with it's royal family especially with how fast media spreads in this generation. 

I now had to face a more crucial reality than yesterday's quick interview since there were articles about each of us everywhere dealing from how fit we were to being the next princess to not at all. Paparazzis and their magazines that were nothing more than gossiping and badmouthing their next targets. 

"I can't do this." I groaned, my stomache feeling like it was being tied into a knot. I was feeling sick. 

"Lady Minah." Eunji laughed. "You need to become more confident. I feel like you always let the public eat you up." 

I pouted now realizing what she said was true. "Fine." I say and gather my feelings from the inside. "Let's get this over with." I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

 

I walked into downstairs, dragging my gown along with me. I gazed at the seats that were aligned in the center of the room, each of the chair labeled with our names from the highest caste to the lowest. Mine was last of course and I wasn't surprised since I was used to it. 

I bowed my head towards the camera crew who in returned bowed, still busy with the set up. I took my seat and puffed. I wasn't feeling calm at all and my eyes wandered around the room finally seeing the other girls enter as well. 

They wore the most revealing dresses but it was eye catching. The color of red, black, silver, and blue filled my eyes. I gulped, feeling even more nervous and could see the desire in their eyes. It was far more fierce than my personal desire. 

I tried my best to distract myself from the tension that was building in the room. At last, I saw the royal family come in. Queen Ara wore the most luxorious dress and the king too, with his long red cape. The Prince however, stole the eyes of every person in the room. 

His hairstyle was different today and his broad shoulders were exposed from his nice and fitting suit. He smirked at us, and lifted his hand to wave. I slightly lifted my hand only to see the other girls giggling while waving with charm. 

"I can't even wave with style," I mummbled to myself embarrased and putted my hand to my lap. I just smiled a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter