A Merry Christmas

Belle Dame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat on the couch in the ladies' room that was supposely reserved for only us. The room where the five of us could spend our free time talking, reading, watching television, or even resting. 

I closed my eyes and sighed. It was tiring already only when one week had passed which was enough time for each of us to have at least one date with the prince. I was restless and couldn't even anticipate what was about to come. 

"Hey Minah." Irene suddenly comes up to me. I opened my eyes and turn to face her. She was smiling gently while holding a book like always before closing it. She was really friendly and seemed to get along with anyone here. Her quiet behavior made her seem pure and gentle but she was also too smart. 

"Hi." I smiled and sat up straighter. She was always well mannered and it seemed best if I returned it. 

"I just wanted to know how you're doing. You always seem so tired." She laughed. 

"Ah," I closed my eyes embarrassed. "I'm fine actually. It's just been a bit hard adapting to this high caste." 

She nodded her head. "That's true seeing how you came from the last caste. But if you need any help, just count on me. Although I'm not as high as those other girls, I'm sure I can be helpful somewhere." She gives me a pat on the shoulder comforting me. 

"Thank you very much then." 

She winks at me and I couldn't help but laugh. The door suddenly opens and Queen Ara along with our Mentor Tiffany enters the room. We stand up quickly and bow our heads wondering what the sudden entrance was about. I swallowed hard and clenched my hands knowing how Tiffany always seemed to be watching me closely, taking note of all my simple mistakes. 

"Ladies, would you all mind sitting down." Tiffany gives us a kinder approach this time, perhaps because of the Queen's presence. But we take it anyway and sit quickly on the couches that are aligned on the walls and the one in the center of the room. 

"As you all may know, Christmas is close. The King and I are going to have a Ballroom Dance as a Celebration." Queen Ara smiles and reaches out to grab something. 

I turned and could see the excitement bursting in the room. All four of the girls were smiling excitedly as their eyes grew big. I on the other hand was nervous, this was going to be my first official dance not counting the one I went to as an 18 year old. That dance was back in the old barn of one of the boys that went to my school. Most of us couldn't afford anything fancy and it was after finishing the last year of highschool. It was more like a celebration for ending the suffering of high school.

"There will be guests from all over the place. From other kingdom who to maybe of royal castes. And so, I am hoping you all start getting your dancing shoes ready. Start on your dress designs. Just do anything." She hands each of us a gemmed snowflake hairpiece. It was stunning to look at.

"Let's get our Christmas spirit on!" Queen Ara claps her hands together and we follow along. 

 

"Would you like white as your dress color?" Eunji reaches out to measure my chest.

"Any color is okay. It doesn't matter. It's my first actual ball, so just make me look as nice as you guys can. You two never put me down anyways." I hand Yein the snowflake hairpiece to put away.

"She gave each of you ladies this? It's so pretty." Yein says in admiration. "The queen is always generous." 

I nod agreeing with every compliment Yein says. "She's a great person." 

"Alright then." Eunji marks my measurment in her notebook as she continues to take notes. "I have an idea and it'll take some time. I'll have Yein and I start working on it today so don't worry Lady Minah." 

I nod and thank them before heading out of my room. I walk out into the same garden with guards standing around at every post. Blinking twice, I just happened to want to be here and sat myself infront of the bench that Prince Sehun and I had sat a few days earlier. 

It was refreshing to listen to the birds chirping and the water fountain running constantly. I took a breath of fresh air, inhailing as much oxygen as I could. 

"So you're out here?" 

I turn quickly feeling dissapointed that my time alone was so quick to end. But a smile couldn't help forming when I noticed it was him. "Oh, Prince Sehun." I stood up and courtesied as quickly as I could. He only chuckles at my behavior. 

"Stress?" 

I nod. "But it can't be compared to your type of stress." 

He only lets out a laugh. "That's very true. But I heard that my mother and father is holding a ball. Are you nervous?" 

I nod again. "If only you could guess." I sighed and twirl my loose strand of hair around my index fingers. "I mean, I heard that important guests were coming. I can't even speak a foreign language." I trembled nervously just at the thought of embarrassing myself and the whole kingdom of Hayven. 

"Don't worry." He tries to calm me down by sitting and I follow after him. He pauses while thinking. I was curious on what he had in mind. "What if I helped you out?" 

"How? I don't even think that's possible." I bit my tongue and rubbed my neck. 

"That's it." He looks happy about his plan.

"What do you mean?" I became even more confused at his plan which seemed impossible to comprehend.

"When you need me, rub your neck. I'll keep an eye on you and come to your rescue. I promise." He says confidently. "Trust me. I'm the Prince." 

I my lips not quite believing him. How was rubbing my neck going to do anything that'll benefit both of us. He'll have to be everywhere I was in order to come at the right time. It's like babysitting all over again. "Promise?" I finally give in.

He nods and sticks his pinky out. "Promise." 

"Then, as Lady Minah. I am willing to risk my confidence in Prince Sehun." I say playfully and entangle my pinky with his as we sealed our promise. I chuckle not believing this feeling would return again. I have only done this type of thing as a little kid with Seulgi or Krystal but that was it. 

"What's so funny?" 

"Uhh... pinky promises are so overrated." I laughed and he blushes red. He turns quickly trying to avoid me seeing his red cheeks.

"Not reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter