Threat

Belle Dame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you." I smile at the girls as a sign of gratitude and allow them to put the dress on me like it was going to be the final dress I'd be able to wear. It was two days after what seemed like a long time. The palace was more quiet than usual.

"Are you going to go home?" Yein asks amidst the silence. 

"I don't know." I try to smile. "I think so." I say and feel Eunji give the final touches on my makeup before finishing. 

I sigh and walk out of my room as they follow behind me, closely. I bow my head as workers pass me. There was something inside me that was bothering me, maybe it was the desperation of wanting to see Sehun. But he was nowhere to be seen. 

"Do you know where the Prince is?" I ask Yein and Eunji. Yein only sighs, "He's working again. In his office. After that night between you two, he's been focusing a lot again on his work." 

"Ah." I mummbled. "Is that so...." I figured he was really serious about those words that he had told me. About his plan to destroy the castes.

I continue to walk through the halls of the palace. The front of the palace was beautiful through the columns. I rest my hand on the nearest column, inhaling a breath of fresh air. The sun was sunny, shinning it's own light at the palace. I smile and continue to look forth at the guards who were marching continuously around the palace. 

My eyes catch on a pair of guards who were acting strange. I tilt my head as I see one of them grabbing onto another, his hands stabbing the victim in the chest. I shriek loudly, were we being attacked again? 

"Eunji! Yein!!" I yell and turn around but my two friends were already in the arms of two other men. Knives held against their necks and that's when I realized more enemies were coming inside the palace. "Let them go!" I yell through the sounds of guns. 

"Lady don't worry about us!" Yein cries. "Run lady! Run!" 

But I was too late. A pair of hands pull me away from them and drag me inside the palace. "Who are you?" I scream as we enter one of the living rooms in the palace. "Why are you doing this?" 

"Don't be so stupid Minah." The man yelled at me, his hand grips my arm painfully. I let out a shriek and groan in pain. "You know what you are. We're here for you."

"What are you trying to say?" I cry, my hands trembling hard. 

"You should've hid better. After all this time, that stupid prince finally found you. But now, look who's got you?"  He chuckles and bites his lips. "Stupid Elostrian prince." He growls and twirls the gun in his hand as if he was thinking of what to do with me. 

"What has he got to do with me? What has Elostria got to do with me?"

"Oh, so you haven't found out? He's been looking forever for you. But after I'm done with you, there's no guarantee that he'd be able to find you." He laughs. "This time, we won."

I tried to take in the words as fast as I could. My mind was all puzzled. "So... you guys were the ones that attacked us last time? That wasn't the Elostrian prince himself? Rebels...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter