Not easy

Belle Dame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So," I sit in the car beside Sehun. He was planning to take me out for our little date. We were far past outside the city after riding the airplane. He told me that he wanted to go and venture out of the palace with me. I figured he hasn't been out of the palace often and was glad he wanted to bring me along. "We're going to the poorest part of the city huh?" 

"Is it?" He asks making me stare at him, confused.

"The one who wanted to bring me on a little date doesn't even know where we are?" I laughed. But I was familar with the setting. The condition was poor like my old city where there were little electricity and small wooden houses. The streets were crowded with people like always. "You know, you didn't have to come here for our date. I could tell you're not familar with these places of the kingdom." I wondered what he was planning to do here anyways. It wasn't like you could do much in a place like this. People of the lowest castes were usually busy trying to make enough money for their families.

"I don't. But I want to." He says and holds my hand. "Besides, I want to know what I can do to improve the kingdom when I'm crowned King." He smirks. "I should know about my people too right?" 

"Yes." I nod happily. I was delighted that he was openminded and thoughtful. He was finally taking notice of people who rarely have the chance to see him. Just like me if not for the competition. 

The car breaks suddenly, making me shift hard against the door despite the seatbelt I had on. "Ouch." I yelp hitting my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" Sehun asks me and I nod. "What happened?" Sehun asks the driver as he stutters.

"There's a little boy. He ran across the street."

"We should go see if he's okay." I open the door despite my aching shoulder. I left without waiting for Sehun's reply. Laying on the ground was a little boy around twelve years old. He was thin, his hands scrapped against the dry dirt path. Beside him, there was a torn loaf of bread and two bruised apples. 

"Are you okay?" I ask the little boy who looked at me in fear. I help him get up and kneeled down to pat the dirt on his pants that were worn out. 

He nods quickly while looking panicked. 

"Hey! Stop that little boy!" A man in his forties yelled, caring a rolling pin. He wore an apron that was stained with flour. I assumed he was a baker. 

"What's going on?" Sehun finally pops out as the little boy hides behind me. His tiny hands grasping the hem of my gown. 

"That little thief!" He shouts again ignoring Sehun completely. The baker walks towards me, pointing his rolling pin right at us. "Don't you think you'll get away with stealing."

"Wait!" I shout. "What did he exactly steal? I'll pay for it. Just leave him be please." I plead.

"Pay?" He chuckles. "You guys are always about money huh?" He smirks. "What are you? The princess?"

"No, but I'm the Prince." Sehun pokes making the man stare wide-eyed. He was stunned and bowed quickly. "Oh, your highness." 

Sehun only motions me to put the little boy in the car and I do so. 

"Why did you steal?" I ask him. Her stares at me, his eyes watery as he bursts into tears. 

"My younger siblings. They're hungry so I wanted to feed them. And then, I also have friends at the orphanage where I stay." He wipes his tears which makes me want to cry too. I remember the struggle of me and my family. I remember having to starve for almost a week until  my father got his little pay to buy food for us. "Wait here for me okay? Don't leave. I'll take you back."  I walk back out from the backseat after telling the boy to sit still until I come back.

"Here." I take off my earrings and hand it to him but he shakes his head.

"This is too much. It was the little boy's fault. You shouldn't do this for him. He should pay for his mistake." 

I shake my head. "I'm helping him. Not really taking the blame for him." I smile. "I understand why he'd risk to steal. In return for my earrings, would you be able to rel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter