Hush

Belle Dame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I really wish you guys didn't have to leave." I held my mother's hand tightly as she gave me a sympathetic grin. 

"I wish we didn't have to leave you here alone. If I could, I'd stash you in my bag and take you back home." She joked and I gave a laugh. 

"Sorry that I'm too big." I reply and wait till the cars come to pick our families up. One by one, each of the girls walked out with their family members, still holding hands tightly. 

"Since Minah's a big girl, she should be independent too. Right Minah?" Seulgi poked at me, irritated at my weak character. "We can't help you with the Prince if you can't help yourself." 

My father shrugged, I guess he didn't understand this girl talk Seulgi was trying to bring up. I too, seemed lost in thought. 

Seulgi sighed. "You'll never get anywhere." She rubbed her forehead as if she had a headache. "Whatever, at least I won't have to bear sleeping alone for very long. Minah, I'll continue to keep the bed clean." Her frown turned into a quick smile. 

I only nodded to her, seeing her and my parent enter the car. They waved quickly to me, seeming to be tired from all the activity here at the palace. I could still remember the intense game of chess that the elders were becoming aggressive with. 

"We'll see you soon, hopefully." My mother smiled and willingly sat inside the car. I could see my father's tensed grin as I sent him off. I waved back seeing every of the other car packed with people and returned to stand beside the other girls. 

We stared quietly, each of us holding our tears back in before they left. 

They went one by one and I sighed quickly, my voice wavering. "Goodbye," I say quietly and enter the palace right after Irene. She smiled at me and gave me a pat. "You're going to be fine." 

"You think so?" 

She nodded. "Of course." 

I smiled at her."I believe you then." 

 

It was a couple of days later. The palace was quiet and pretty empty. Almost all the ladies were in their room preparing for the dress for the next evening. I didn't really care about what would suit me. Plus, I trusted Eunji and Yein's taste since they were the most talented tailors I've ever seen. 

But my room was empty for now. I paced around the room, quite bored. "What should I do?" I rubbed my chin gently. "Ah!" I ran to my closet and reached for the pair of sneakers that I wasn't supposed to wear at the palace. They preferred heels or luxuorious things. But they never said it was forbidden. 

A grin appeared on my face after I had finished tying the shoe laces. "Refreshing, isn't it?" I gazed at the mirror. "I should go running for a bit." I stepped out of my room quitely. It was best not to make any noises since I was in an unsuitable gear for a lady in the palace. I tiptoed downstairs, my heart beating quickly. I wasn't scared earlier, but why now? 

I turned around paronoid but there was nothing that would get  me caught. "Calm down, Minah." I placed my hand on my chest. "Just go out of the palace and you'll be fine." I told myself and decided to go outside. I held my breath and walked out to the back of the palace.

"I'm glad no one saw you in that."

I turned around quickly. The prince was standing infront of me, he looked surprised to see me in my jogging pants. I stared at him surprised myself. He wasn't in his normal suit but instead a jogging suit. Sweat trailed down his forehead reaching his neck and down his lose tee that I could see his builted chest. He had a towel that hung around his neck and I figured he just finished excercising.

"Ahh, I'm sorry to dissapoint you. Am I not allowed to go out and excercise?" I asked a bit embarrassed.

"Oh, I didn't mean that." He chuckled. "I just didn't think you would like excercising. Like going out and getting sweaty." 

I scratched my head. I was a bit dissapointed he'd make that assumption but I don't blame him seeing how I was always in my room or inside that palace.

"And you're pants, I'm afraid it shows your curves too much." 

"Huh?" I let out a confused grin. 

"They make me jealous that others will look at you. Afterall, aren't you supposed to look good for me only?" 

"So you're saying wearing these simple clothing is good?" 

"It makes you look y." He says those words quietly but still couldn't look me in the eyes. He turns his head acting like he didn't say anything. 

I only laughed at his cute yet flirt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter