Open Up

Belle Dame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tea with the royal family was burdensome. Not that my family was embarrasing me because of our background but the way everyone looked at us like we were some different. Krystal and her family were doing fine, it did worry me though that whenever my family met hers, they always looked at us as workers except Krytal, herself. And now, suddenly we were able to be face to face.

"Minah, this pastry tastes great." Seulgi takes a bit on her sweets and sips her tea neatly. She took another bite of her pastry while quietly talking with Irene's brother. I smiled seeing her enjoying her visit at the palace and turn my attention back to the King and Queen. 

Everyone seemed to be listening attentively at the words of the King and Queen, nodding and agreeing. I remember being like this myself on the first meeting. 

I glanced to the side of me and see the Prince giggling with Suzy only to see myself sighing. 

"Are you alright?" My father asks beside me and I nodd acting like nothing was bothering me. But my father puts his hand over mine as a source of comfort and we sat there.

"I hope you all are enjoying your stay here. Please act like this is your own home, it'd be discouraging if you were all uncomfortable while staying here at the palace. Please let us know if you need anything." The King dismisses us to our rooms, particularly the younger ones. 

The parents were still sitting at the table, continuing there conversation that we weren't interested in. 

"How about we go watch a movie?" Prince Sehun directs his words towards our siblings that lined up behind us. I liked how easy going he was. Getting along with everyone and yet he didn't exclude anyone although there was approxiamately twenty-five or more people here. It seemed like watching a movie would be the best way to keep us all together too so there was no arguing.

"Sure! But I call horror." Wooshin, Naeun's brother raises his hand excitedly. Suzy groans at the genre being picked and I figured she hated scary movies. 

"If that'll satisfy you all then, okay." Prince Sehun leads us to a room I've never even seen. It was big and had rows and rows of chairs. The tv screen was as big as the wall, expanding so much seeing how high the walls of the palace was built.

I held Seulgi's hand and pulled her close to me while we followed the others. She looked as amazed as I did and I could hear her squeals.

"This palace is so amazing. They have everything I could imagine." 

"Yeah. Very amazing." I added. 

We sit behind Prince Sehun who was beside Krystal and Naeun. But I didn't mind seeing how everyone was quite scattered around the room with bowls of popcorn. 

I looked over to see Irene quietly conversing with the other younger boys who laughed loudly. I would have thought she was a babysitter if not for her beautiful gown and the jewels she wore. But she got along well with them which was a plus. 

"Minah," Seulgi scratched the laced collar of her dress that Eunji sewed on, "How can you wear this all day?" She groans and spreads her legs wide open but nothing could be seen because of the long length of her dress.

"You'll get used to it. That's only the start." I laughed at her and lightly slapped her legs so she would close them. I sat close to her. The room pitched dark and then the screen flashed pixels of colors before it started playing.

The Exorcist

The title popped out and I shut my eyes tightly. Shoot. I hated horror movies and it'd be embarrassing to be the only one screaming. 

"Hey, calm down." Seulgi whispers and holds my hand tightly. "If you want to leave, just tell me. I'll go with you." 

I nodded but wanted to disappear inside. Seulgi was much braver than me when it came to ghosts or scary movies. We were into the movie for an hour and forty-five minutes already, I wondered when it was going to end seeing how long I kept my eyes shut for most of the movie.

The lights again. Finally, it was over. I stood up quickly and walked out of the room. I saw Suzy with her smeared mascara and tried my best to not laugh. 

"Woah, sister. You look like a panda." Her older brother Wooyoung teases and she slaps him hard. Embarrassed, she ran off to fix her makeup. 

Seeing the rest of the group split off to their rooms, I wait for Seulgi to say goodbye to her friends. "Sister, where is the Prince?" She asks me. 

I shrugged my shoulders not bothering to look for him. I still needed to get the scary feelings over with so I wouldn't be paranoid. We walked to our room.

"Minah, you really dissapoint me. You've got to be more clingy. If not, you're going to be sent home sooner than later." She perks up her lips dissapointed. "Grasp him like this." She made a claw-like hand gesture. 

"Ehh? When have you been dating

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter