First Date, Gone wrong.

Belle Dame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It was day 6 and we still hadn't met the Prince nor the Queen and King. We were busy in the past few days getting to know the palace and the people who were part of the palace, itself. All of the five ladies including myself had been having dinner in bed because of exhaustion. And plus, the Prince was busy and it wouldn't make sense to eat with the Queen and King alone.

We had been taking personal classes on manners and lessons to becoming a princess. Suzy seemed to be doing the best and followed by Naeun then down the caste order. I was last but I wasn't surprised. As long as I could keep up with a few bruises, I'd be fine. But my feet were killing me after wearing the heels with my gowns. I was still trying to get a hang of wearing heels and probably had a blister or two. The other girls, however seemed to be doing fine.

And I sensed that the girls were making to do lists, and hopefully try to kick one out at a time. I knew I was the first one but I didn't mind. Fighting wasn't one of my things, I think. 

Then there was a knock on the door, I glanced quickly at the door, my heart beating fast. There weren't many visits to our rooms but everytime there was a knock, It was nerve-wrecking.

"Should I get it for you Lady Minah?" Eunji had asked me, again calling me Lady. It felt awkward but I didn't want to be so mean to her but I felt weird with that term. Lady here and there. Not were they the only ones but the people that I had meet in the past few days were already acknowledging me as Lady. But I assumed the other girls were fine and comfortable with it. I just nodded at her even when I didn't feel the need to address me as Lady every second that I was here. And to be honest, I really didn't feel like a higher caste at all. She approached the door and opened it slowly. I could barely see past the 4 inch gap still wondering who it was. I couldn't hear anything and just waited for her to rely the message to me. She nodded quickly and closed the door again returning her full attention to me again. "What was that about?" I released my the tension in my fingers and listened to her words. "The Royal family wants eveyone of the five ladies to eat with them today. Especially the prince, he's anxious about meeting everyone of you." "If they insist, then." I nodded. "Just prepare my dress for dinner then." She curtsied before leaving the room. Now? They were finally doing something that meant staying. The lessons seemed a waste when I did no good. I opened my eyes and blinked a couple times in awe of how well my maids fixed my makeup and hair. My gown was white and had green gems sewed onto the fabric. I tilted my head left then right to get a full view of myself. "You look beautiful my lady." Yein lifted a small makeup brush and adjusted my eyeshadow. "He's going to have his eyes glued on you tonight." I grinned at her words. I couldn't help but blush, it was the first time someone actually complimented me on my looks beside my parents or Seulgi; and maybe some of the boys that had crushes on me which wasn't many, more like four. However, it wasn't anyone's fault when I often stayed indoors at home doing chores that were given to me by the higher caste like tailoring clothes or crafting. I didn't put makeup much at home, or when I did no one was around to see. But I had hope so too knowing that my looks were pretty basic compared to the other girls. "How is he like? I'm just wondering before I meet him in person. I'll have to address him as Prince this, Prince that huh?" I said in a joking tone. Eunji who was fixing my shoes stopped and took a few seconds before speaking. "He's kind. He cares about us and his people even when he's only the Prince. He's well educated and smart." She sighed. "He's always been too focused on education and war tactics eversince he was young. He's turning 21 soon and hasn't been able to act his age especially when he was a young child. It's tiring and depressing being him." I gazed at the silver bracelet that was covered with emeralds. He had ordered one of the artisan to construct a bracelet that symbolized my birthstone. I guess he really wanted to work everything out like the old tradition. But I didn't feel that special when I had a feeling all the other girls probably recieved something similar. Maybe, even better? "But just wait till you actually see him. You'll fall for his good looks. You're probably the only one who waited." Yein mummbled trying not to sound like she was gossiping. "Huh?" I turned to look at the window of my room. I could see the guards training outside even if the sun happened to be dissappearing. "I've seen the other girls take the opportunity to try and see him. They probably snuck out of their rooms and tried to approach him when he was practicing outside or walking around the palace. Seriously, even before he would ask them. I assume some even approached his door on the first night. That makes me see you differently." she chuckled. "Especially since you were so excited about dinner in bed." I shook my head but let out a laugh. "I'm sorry that I had nothing better to be excited about. It's not like I have the opportunity to experience luxury." They laughed at me showing me that they weren't serious about their judgements towards me. "We were just joking. Anyways. Should we get going?" I smiled and nodded. We exited out of my room. I reached the last step of the stairs and walked myself around the palace. Eunji and Yein had led me to the dining hall where all the other girls had already sat. The middle table was the only one being used at the moment. I guessed the other tables meant that the royal family often had company.

The King, Queen, and Prince Sehun were already sitting at the table with the other girls. I guess I was late now and that wasn't a good start. The long table was neatly filled with food which seemed too much for 8 people. But my mouth was watering and I tried my best not to show it. They turned to see me when hearing my heels pound against the tiled flooring. I bowed my head apologetically, not looking at them at all; not even Krystal.

I finally lifted my head up and my eyes met the prince. He was smiling at me warmly, he was charming and handsome. He was in his neat suit that seemed heavy to wear. His jawline was sharp enough to cut someone and his dark hair was neatly combed. He had the brownest eyes I'd ever seen, but his eyes were sharp yet there was something warm in them. He continued to gaze me up and down like he was checking me out. I blushed sort of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter