Memory 56

You Said Remember Me

“Why didn’t you come to me? Why did you go to Donghae?! What do you expect from him?” Eunhyuk started. “Why didn’t you come to me?!”

“Hyuk…Hyukjae…what are you talking about?” Hee Sun sounded more nervous now.

Eunhyuk grabbed her arm, “How can you?”

“You’re scaring me.” Hee Sun’s voice became weak.

“Whose baby are you having? Whose is it!” Eunhyuk bellowed.

Hee Sun’s eyes went wide before she began crying. “No!” The guilt, the fear crushed her.

“Answer me!”

“I…I don’t know. Please stop. Oppa’s the only one who can help me…”

“How can he help you?! Are you so clueless Hee Sun?!” Eunhyuk shook her lightly. “You still have me, your brother!”

“Eunhyuk…”

“Don’t say that Donghae oppa’s the only one here for you. How can you go to him when you’re not the one he loves. Hee Sun…how can you be so stupid?” Eunhyuk now sounded hurt himself.

“No! He only has me…”

“When are you going to stop being like this? Hee Sun, open your eyes, please I’m begging you.”

“Let me go!” Hee Sun’s high pitch scream came as she pushed Eunhyuk away. “I wanted to tell you…I tried…I was so scared…I called you because you were the only one I could think of…but when I thought about how sad you’d be I couldn’t. Because you’re my brother I couldn’t tell you. Eunhyuk-ah…” Hee Sun grabbed his arm half leaning against him almost dropping to the ground. “What do I do? How am I supposed to live with this? Help me…Eunhyuk oppa…”

Eunhyuk opened his mouth helplessly almost feeling as if he were going to cry himself then asked, “Who…who did this to you?”

Sobs came from Hee Sun before other girls opened their doors to stare at the two siblings curiously.

“Tell me…” was all Eunhyuk managed.

“I don’t know.” she managed through her sobs. “I’m so scared, Eunhyuk. What can I do?”

Eunhyuk watched her intently.

“It was a party…Kim…Kim In Sook…someone paid her…” Hee Sun began sobbing. “What do I do?! I knew you’d be like this so I didn’t tell you! Eunhyuk! What do I do?! What can I do? No one can help me!”

“Where is she? Kim In Sook, where is she?” Eunhyuk’s voice was full of seriousness and determination.

“I don’t know…at a bar near campus…” Hee Sun managed through her sobs.

“You stay put, do you hear me?” Eunhyuk told before turning around and dashing down the hallway before Victoria.

It felt like a hard blow to her. It was as if someone had thrown her against the ground during a wrestling match. She couldn’t move, her body was numb, and her mind was now a puzzle. As Hee Sun’s sobs ransacked the hallway Victoria finally moved dashing after Eunhyuk.

/////

He ran down the streets so fast, it felt as if he were in high school again racing with the other club members around the track field. The wind blew against him, yet he continued running. The signs of the bars lit up the almost darkening sky. The nearest bar near campus was boasting with loud music and bright lights when he entered through the doors. People called to each other and smoked sagged the air. It felt dirty to be there. Eunhyuk glanced around.

Every girl he saw he asked, “Kim In Sook?”

After asking about 20 girls he was finally led to the girl dressed in a black emo outfit. Her hair full of curls and her face full of dark make up that reminded him of a clown. Anger shook his bones as he walked over toward the young woman who didn’t look much younger or older than Hee Sun.

“Kim In Sook?” Eunhyuk asked.

The girl stopped her dancing and swirled around to look at him then raised her arm around his neck, “Who are you pretty boy?”

Eunhyuk eyed her arm then turned his attention back to her. The perfume coming off of her was too strong for him to handle. “I’m Hee Sun’s brother.”

“Oh? Really?” she asked teasingly circling him. “You’re a handsome fella.”

“Get your sick arm off me,” Eunhyuk muttered.

“What?” an expression of disbelief climbed onto her face before she withdrew her arm from around him with a laugh. “You sure like playing hard to get.”

“What did you do to her? Who paid you?” Eunhyuk gritted his jaw to keep his burning anger down.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she replied. “If you’re not interested in me please step away so others can get a chance.”

“If you weren’t a girl I’d be sure to give you a punch right now,” Eunhyuk whispered.

“Are you threatening me?” she asked.

“Where is he? You know him don’t you?” Eunhyuk asked grabbing her arm.

In Sook looked at him moving her eyes down then up then smiled, “You want me?”

“Tell me where he is,” Eunhyuk whispered threateningly.

/////

Victoria ran forward already running out of breath. She hadn’t ran so far or so much in one day since a long time ago. Watching Eunhyuk’s shadow disappear into the bar she followed him in to be greeted by the air of smoke. Frowning she glanced around and made her way toward the tables. It had been a long time since she’d ever been to such a place.

After circling the tables once she finally headed to the other side where she heard loud commotion coming from the dance floor.

/////

In Sook stared at him then glanced at someone on the dance floor, “The ugly buff guy. Son Tae messed with your sister, not me.”

Eunhyuk pushed her away roughly so that she hit the wall before he walked into the crowd. He stopped then glanced around.

Walking toward the buff man with a beard in a white shirt he asked, “Son Tae?”

The man stopped and turned to eye Eunhyuk, “What d’ya want?”

Gathering his hand into a fist Eunhyuk threw his arm forward and with all of his might punched him in the face forcing him to the ground. Girls shrieked and people backed up surrounding the two. Kim In Sook forced her way into the crowd with wide eyes first glancing at Son Tae, who was wiping blood from the side of his mouth, then to Eunhyuk who stood there furious.

“This one’s for my sister,” Eunhyuk muttered.

Son Tae got back up and flew toward Eunhyuk but his heavy body gave his attack away and Eunhyuk was able to dodge just in time. Turning around Eunhyuk gave him another blow to the face.

“That’s for everyone else,” Eunhyuk told before he suddenly turned.

Victoria stared back at him with hypnotizing eyes. The eyes that belonged to that blank expression he’d seen so often. Walking toward her he grabbed her hand and led her out. She followed him without a word until they reached a secluded area near the river. They stood in silence before Eunhyuk released her hand.

“Since when have you been there?” he asked breaking the silence.

Victoria stared at the blue waves before them.

“Did you hear everything?”

“I’m sorry.” she answered.

Eunhyuk clenched his teeth. “Hee Sun, she’s naïve, too naïve. She doesn’t know anything, doesn’t think ahead. She’s always been thoughtless.”

Victoria didn’t say anything. She was pretty sure Eunhyuk was just mumbling some random things so they wouldn’t be so focused on what just happened. If they fell deeper into the pit of their disappointments she was sure they’d be crying a flood right there.

“Can you…comfort me just once?” he asked without even turning to look at her.

Victoria felt her heart sink and felt like crying so bad but held it in. Why should she cry? Because Hee Sun was pregnant? Because she relied on Donghae? Because she would expect something from Donghae? Because she would take him? Victoria had no idea, but she also wanted some comfort for the past cold week she’d dealt with.

Turning toward Eunhyuk she put her arms around his neck and leaned her head on his shoulder helplessly. Maybe she heard him cry once or twice, but the loud rush of the waves made it unnoticeable.

/////

Donghae had remained seated at his table staring off into space before someone had approached him wondering if he needed help. After shaking his head Donghae finally got up and drove home. Eunhyuk was sure to be in a rage, but whatever he did he was going to do whether Donghae butted in or not. Before even driving home he drove around Victoria’s neighborhood when he found that her car was not there. An hour later he drove back around wondering where she was. Parking his car in front of her house he waited. Maybe he’d get to see her if she returned, but even when an hour passed she still hadn’t shown up. Giving up at last he retreated to the summer house.


***It's out!! Now Victoria knows what Donghae's been hiding! *gasp* Isn't it very cool of Eunhyuk to do that for Hee Sun? ^^ I felt awesome writing that lol. xD And Victoria followed him all the way from the dorm to the bar...and all that's left is more trouble. And I also gave Victoria and Eunhyuk a little moment, significant or not significant? But notice how Hee Sun called Eunhyuk oppa for the first and last time? It either means she literally broke or Eunhyuk stepped passed his boundary of being just step-brother, think whatever you want. All in all she's had a difficult time trying to tell Eunhyuk, remember how she called him a few times but never said anything?