Memory 80

You Said Remember Me

Sasha just nodded and picked up the phone. When he heard her greet the person from the other end of the line he was surprised to hear her speak in mandarin.

When Donghae got outside he got into his car he wondering where he should go. He was curious about the fact that Victoria had been to rehab. Was it one of her dark secrets she didn’t want to tell him? But he wasn’t curious about that. He was more curious about why she’d been there. If he asked her straight out he knew pretty well that she’d definitely ignore him and answer question to question. He quickly decided that if Sasha found the rehab Victoria had been to he’d go there personally himself and find the answer.

/////

Eunhyuk walked up the stairs to see his mom keeping Hee Sun company in the kitchen. The incident where Hee Sun had tried to kill herself unsuccessfully, he’d kept it from his parents. They’d be heartbroken if they learned how foolish Hee Sun was and the issue would also drag in Hae and Victoria. He’d had enough of the drama created by them even if it only lasted for a short period, but too many things have happened and his emotions were tired.

He was about to walk pass when his mother called out to him. Getting up from where she was sitting she walked over.

“Eunhyuk, how’s Victoria doing? Do you want to bring her over again some time?” his mother asked.

His eyes suddenly landed on the ground. His mother would be disappointed if she learned that he’d made up that lie.

Finally turning to his mom he smiled, “We’ve both decided to stay friends, mom, but I’ll bring her over again some time.”

With just that he walked off without turning to see his mom’s reaction.

Picking a random CD he slid it into his CD player and grabbed his headphones. When the door opened and he turned to see Hee Sun walk in. She walked over and sat down on his bed just watching him. Finally turning off the CD player he sat down on his chair.

“Eunhyuk,” Hee Sun started, “were you and Victoria even real?”

“Why?”

“Oppa, he said he didn’t believe it,” Hee Sun said, “even when he saw you two together in our home he said he didn’t believe it.”

“Your oppa is like that.”

“So, were you two even real?”

Eunhyuk didn’t respond.

“Did you like her, Eunhyuk?” Hee Sun asked. “Did you like her because she’s who she is?”

Eunhyuk looked at Hee Sun. “We were always friends.”

With the way he said that made her contradict his words. Eunhyuk was never quite clear with her about his own feelings.

“Then why?”

“I wanted to see if your oppa could really do it,” Eunhyuk said, “that’s all.”

“So you knew. I guess it’s not surprising since you are best of friends,” Hee Sun told, “oppa talked to me sincerely for the first time after she brought me down.”

Eunhyuk knew she wanted to vent so he just sat there and listened to her.

“Oppa will never be the same again,” Hee Sun sounded depressed, “he’ll never smile at me the same again. I envy her so much, she doesn’t know how lucky she is. But why does it have to be her? Why does oppa only want her?” Depressing tears slid from her eyes. “I’m trying to let it go, but it hurts. Eunhyuk-ah, it hurts.”

/////

Victoria sneezed. “Aiish.”

Turning back to the window and stared at the blue curtains she’d hung in front of it. Donghae and Eunhyuk both had advised her about putting a lock on the window, maybe she’d call a locksmith to do it for her.

/////

Hee Sun had never been there before. She knew her oppa worked there but she’d never gone there before. Opening the door to the small building she walked through the small hallway and turned right to the door at the end of the hallway. The door was open and to her right sat a woman with thick glasses on. Her eyes searched the small office and right ahead was her oppa sitting at his desk.

“Oppa.”

Both her oppa and the woman looked up at her finally noticing her presence.

“Hee Sun, what are you doing here?” he seemed surprised.

“I want to say something to you oppa.” Hee Sun said.

Donghae got up after a while and said to the woman in glasses, “I’ll be back Sasha.”

Her oppa walked toward her with a hand on her arm gently leading her back down the hallway and outside. The soft wind was utterly soft but cold when she turned to look at him.

“Didn’t you go to school today?” asked Donghae.

“Eunhyuk is taking me later,” she replied, “because mom took me to the hospital this morning.”

“Why didn’t you tell me to go with you?” Donghae asked.

“I don’t want oppa to go with me,” Hee Sun said. “Oppa, I’m going to have this baby whether you’re here or not. I’ve asked you not to leave me alone too often, so I’m sorry. Mom, dad, Eunhyuk will stand by my side in your stead. Oppa, so oppa, during this time please don’t look for me or worry for me. If you can, oppa, go back to what you were before.”

“Hee Sun,” he didn’t seem to believe her. From the look in his eyes he looked even more worried.

“Oppa, I told you to stay with me until I tell you to go and I’m doing it right now. I’m telling you to go.”

With just that she turned around to allow the wind to dry her eyes. Walking away and around the corner where Eunhyuk’s car was hidden she got into the car.

“Are you sure about this?” Eunhyuk asked as she pulled the seatbelt over herself.

“Take me to school Eunhyuk.”

Starting the engine Eunhyuk began to drive down the streets and Hee Sun took a final glance into the side mirror.

/////

“Your little girlfriend?” asked Sasha when he walked back in.

“My sister, Sasha,” Donghae corrected walking over to his desk.

“Ok, ok.” Sasha nodded her head admitting she was wrong. “But I’ve got it. The rehabilitation center in Hangzhou. The address and everything.”

“Hangzhou?” Donghae repeated walking back to Sasha’s desk.

“Hangzhou in China,” Sasha said as if he didn’t understand.

“Are you sure it’s correct?”

“Are you doubting my work?”

“Sorry to offend you, Sasha.” Donghae apologized sarcastically. “Can you book a ticket for me?”

“Why do you want to fly there?”

“I need to find out some things. Great job girl.” Donghae said suddenly walking out.

/////

Letting out a small yawn and stretching her arms out Victoria finally got off her chair. Grabbing her purse she headed out after locking the door behind her. When she reached the bottom of the stairs outside the psychology department she felt someone grab her arm from her blindside pulling her.

“What are you…” she began when she caught Donghae in sight. “What are you doing? I have a meeting to go to!”

“You can reschedule it,” he said pulling her with him to wherever he was going.

“I can’t reschedule it. It’s mandatory!” she exclaimed. “Lee Donghae!”

“That’s my name.” he replied turning with a smile.

Victoria couldn’t help but glare at him and tried to pull herself back but he used even more force to pull her along with him. Unlocking his car he opened the door for her still holding onto her. She just stared at him angry with what he was doing.

“Get in.” he told.

Biting onto her teeth Victoria frowned at him and did as he told. When he got into the seat beside her he glanced at her.

“Put your seatbelt on.”

“Why!”

“Do you purposely want to play touchy with me?” Donghae asked.

Glaring at him with fire in her eyes Victoria pulled the seatbelt over herself arrogantly. With a smile of satisfaction on his face Donghae began driving down the highway.


***I have to say I really love these kind of talks between Hyuk and Hee Sun ^^ So heartfelt even if Hyuk has never been honest

***Donghae is going to find out about Victoria's rehab! Since she would never tell him anything he's going to find out by himself!