Memory 43

You Said Remember Me

/////

Opening the door to the summer house Donghae placed the crutch by the couch and slowly made his way to his bedroom. He’d literally begged the doctor to release him from the hospital and after half an hour the doctor finally allowed him to. It felt so nice to be back at the summer house and the fact that he was still in Seoul…didn’t bother him at all.

Smiling as he placed the One Piece comic on the night table by his bed he opened his closet to stare at all the shirts he had hung up. He had something already planned for tomorrow and he was sure it’d surprise Victoria. After deciding on an outfit he pulled out his phone.

“Hyuk, you want to come to Seoul tomorrow?”

/////

After hanging up on Donghae Eunhyuk was prepared to go to sleep but when he turned the lights off his phone began ringing. Turning the lights back on he walked toward his desk and saw Hee Sun’s name flashing on the screen. Wondering why she’d call him he picked up.

“Hello?”

No answer came.

“Hee Sun?”

Silence.

“Hee Sun?”

“O…oh.” her voice seemed shaky.

Suddenly feeling worried Eunhyuk questioned, “What’s wrong? Shouldn’t you be sleeping?”

“Yea…” her reply was too short. Hee Sun never spoke in such short sentences and Eunhyuk felt even more worried. Normally he’d never have to worry about her because she was either doing well on her own or there was Donghae always protecting her. But now…even her voice gave him the feeling that something had happened.

“Did something happen? Or…did you get in trouble?” Eunhyuk asked.

She didn’t reply.

“If you tell me maybe I can help you,” Eunhyuk tried softening his tone. “Hee Sun?”

“No, no, no. Nothing’s wrong, I’m perfectly fine,” her voice sounded chirpy, “I was just bored so I just wanted to randomly call. That’s all, nothing’s wrong at all.”

“Hee Sun ah,” Eunhyuk went on, “you know if you’re in a bind you can still count on me. You don’t have to go to your Donghae oppa all the time, your Eunhyuk is still here. We will always be family, you know that?”

He thought he heard her sob but Hee Sun quickly replied, “I have to go now. I have a quiz I have to study for in the morning.”

“Don’t sleep too late,” Eunhyuk told then waited for her to hang up first.

He couldn’t garner much sleep. A bad feeling had overcome him and something told him that Hee Sun lied.

/////

Victoria had been watching the time ever since she’d returned home from school. It’d been an hour since the dinner date she’d set up for Donghae and In Ji. Feeling sure things would turn out well she had immersed herself deeply within her own homework until the door began ringing. She glanced at the door, set her book down, and glanced out the window to see a figure standing outside her door. She glanced toward the street to see that the police officer was not around. Chewing her bottom lip and taking a loud sigh she opened the door feeling very surprised when she saw Donghae standing there in a very nice outfit.

“What are you doing here?” Victoria asked suspecting something was out of place.

He smiled at her and looked inside her apartment, “Melodix!”

The dog immediately came running out from her room and Donghae made his way in picking her up. Victoria frowned at him then closed the door and turned to watch him.

“Where’s In Ji?” Victoria questioned.

“Who?” Donghae asked setting Melodix on the ground and shaking hands with her obviously ignoring Victoria’s question.

“Hey,” Victoria said, “don’t pretend like you don’t hear me.”

Donghae turned around with a smile, “Then should we go for dinner ourselves?”

“What?” Victoria crossed her arms.

“You heard me so don’t act like you didn’t hear,” Donghae retorted getting up to face her.

“What do you mean? Are you saying you didn’t go?”

“Oh, so I was right. You were trying to set me up.” Donghae stated nodding his head.

Now frowning at him she continued, “You didn’t go?! In Ji could still be waiting…”

“She already has a date,” Donghae interrupted.

“What?” Victoria asked. “Date?”

“Date,” Donghae nodded.

“What do you mean date?”

“She already has someone accompanying her and I’m sure they’re having a blast without me,” Donghae explained.

“Say it clearly Lee Donghae.” Victoria pressed.

“Hyuk is there.”

Victoria’s mouth gaped open then she turned away in disbelief then back to him, “I cannot believe you!”

“What do you mean by that?” Donghae questioned feeling a bit angry since Victoria had started it first. “You wanted to secretly set me up so I just countered you.”

“What are you trying to do?” Victoria asked.

“I should be asking you what are you trying to do hooking me up with one of your friends,” Donghae pointed out. “It doesn’t make any sense if you think about it.”

“It makes more sense to me than randomly sending Eunhyuk to keep her company,” Victoria retaliated.

Donghae opened his mouth to retort but turned away and turned to glance at her, “Then explain to me clearly why you’d try to hook me up with her in the first place when you have no right to do so?”

“No right to do so?” Victoria retaliated. “Didn’t you say we were friends? And didn’t you agree to this dinner?”

“We are friends, but friends don’t set each other up behind each other’s backs like this,” Donghae replied. “And don’t avoid my questions by asking me questions. Answer me Victoria.”

An expression of disbelief overcame her face again and he had to admit she was really good with her expressions. “Fine, I’m sorry for setting you up behind your back, but you should know better than to send someone else in your place. That’s just disrespectful.”

“You didn’t answer me,” Donghae told not letting go of it.

Victoria stared back at him then replied, “She likes you, she likes you can’t you see that?”

Donghae looked at her with bitter surprise, “And you want to make her feel good by making me like her?”

“I wasn’t making anyone like anyone,” Victoria stated, “just get to know each other.”

“And why are you making me?” Donghae asked. “I don’t see why you should concern yourself so much with stuff like these.”

“She’s my friend.”

“I am too.” Donghae reminded. “I don’t like her that way and I won’t like her that way.”

“How would you know that?” Victoria asked.

“I do,” Donghae replied gazing straight at her.

Victoria turned away from him then said, “Fine, you want to go out for dinner? Then lets go.”

/////

Eunhyuk had arrived in Seoul later than he’d expected. He stepped into the large fancy restaurant and glanced around to see a pretty woman sitting alone at a round table in the middle of the red carpeted room. Soft music played compressing the air into a relaxing atmosphere.

“Seo In Ji?” Eunhyuk asked.

The slender woman looked at and Eunhyuk smiled at her immediately.

“Who are you?” she asked glancing at him with her big eyes.

“Can I sit?” Eunhyuk questioned and took a seat across from her when she nodded. “I’m Lee Eunhyuk. I was told we’re having dinner together today.”

“Oh really? By who? Victoria?” she asked.

“Victoria?” Eunhyuk repeated.

“We were supposed to have dinner together,” In Ji explained.

Eunhyuk became puzzled. Was he supposed to be there in place of Victoria or Donghae?

“Is something wrong?” In Ji asked with a worried expression.

“Uh…no, nothing. Lets order and enjoy ourselves, shall we?”

They had been there for almost an hour and Eunhyuk hadn’t had much to eat because they had talked so much. Just when he had purposely laughed at her cold joke to make her feel better In Ji stared at something behind him and immediately smiled.