Memory 78

You Said Remember Me

“Hee Sun will get better,” Victoria tried to make the both of them feel better. “She knows more than she actually shows us.”

“Yea…”

“Thanks, Eunhyuk.,” Victoria thanked, “I realize you were trying to be my aid. I do feel better…I probably wouldn’t have pulled through alone without you being there, so all your efforts all this while didn’t go to waste.”

“We never even started to begin with,” Eunhyuk said then turned to her, “but we make a fine pair of friends.”

She reached her hand up and ruffled his hair. He did the same to her and they laughed.

The rope had tightened because Donghae hadn’t allowed it to become loose. Eunhyuk’s ‘Girlfriend’ trick hadn’t totally failed. If Eunhyuk had been given the chance or if there was enough time between the moment when Donghae and Victoria split he would have wanted to ask Victoria what he would have been to her if she hadn’t met Donghae first. But they’ve pushed through the mess. Hee Sun was alright and Donghae was with her, but Victoria had said those words to him. He’d decided it was about time Donghae would have to figure out things for himself. Eunhyuk wouldn’t cut in anymore.  

After watching Victoria walk into her house Eunhyuk began to drive back down the quiet streets. It wasn’t until he turned the corner that he noticed a large truck with blaring lights following him. He tried to get a view of the driver in the driver's seat but only a black shadow stood out to him before the lights made him turn away.

“What the…” he muttered.

He turned into an intersection with busier streets but the car hadn’t left him. Speeding up he found the car behind him quickly tailing him. Eunhyuk stared into the rearview mirror trying to get the face of the man in the truck but the lights were too strong. Turning away and seeing lights everywhere Eunhyuk shook his head before entering the highway. The car still followed him. Even when he changed lanes the truck followed him. Quickly zoning in through the lanes in front of fast cars Eunhyuk thought he’d finally lost the truck but it reappeared two cars behind him.

“What does he want?” he asked.

Eunhyuk quickly changed lanes again to disappear in the rows of cars but the truck found him again. Now his fear began to beat with the blood flowing through his heart. He'd never had anyone tailgate him this close and never lose sight of him. And the other fact that caused him to become fearful was that the truck was super huge and it was dark on the road.

“Does he want to race?” Eunhyuk wondered trying to be sarcastic. “Oh sheesh what does he want?” Eunhyuk asked aloud when the truck suddenly zipped in between the narrow spaces between the cars until he were behind him. “That’s it.”

Eunhyuk swerved his car in between the other cars and ignored the driver’s honking their horns at him. The truck never lost sight of him.

Biting his lower lip Eunhyuk grabbed his phone. His only option to safety...Donghae answered immediately.

“This is the first time I find that you come in handy as an investigator,” Eunhyuk said.

“What is it?”

“Where are you?”

“Heading home.”

“I need you to help me.” Eunhyuk said.

“What happened?”

“It’s not what happened, it’s what’s happening,” Eunhyuk restructured his sentence.

“Be specific, Hyuk.” Donghae told.

“Someone’s following me.”

“Is there someone in the car with you?”

Eunhyuk slightly glanced back, “No one.”

“Where are you?”

“In the middle of the highway.”

“How am I supposed to come to you?”

“It’s 25 minutes till I reach Incheon,” Eunhyuk explained, “can you get Chief Kang to send some police cars? This guy’s been speeding after me since Seoul and won’t let me lose him.”

“Hold on. I’ll get back to you.” Donghae hung up.

Eunhyuk stared back into his rearview mirror. He was exactly right behind him. A minute later his phone began ringing again.

“What’s your license plate number?”

After giving it to his friend Eunhyuk said, “Are you going to try tracing me?”

“Chief Kang is on it,” Donghae replied. “Since when has he been following you?”

“Since I left Victoria’s.”

“Victoria’s?”

“Reminds me, I have something to share with you later,” Eunhyuk told before he felt something ram into the back of his car.

Giving a shout he heard Hae’s worried voice, “What’s going on?”

Eunhyuk glanced into his rearview mirror again, “Lets hope he isn’t trying to push me off the bridge.”

“Did you do something to offend someone?”

“I’m pretty sure I’ve been keeping to myself,” Eunhyuk replied, “I might have offended you though.”

“Very funny. Ok, they found you. Hold on.”

The sign Eunhyuk just passed read “5 miles to Incheon”. Then suddenly feeling a rougher impact against his car Eunhyuk almost flew forward in his seat but his seatbelt held him back. Frowning Eunhyuk turned around to glance back at the truck and quickly turned around to find a late turn up ahead. Spinning the wheel as fast as he could Eunhyuk felt the back of his car get caught at the curb and tried to step on the accelerator to get back onto the road. However, the truck stopped at the front of his, their bumpers meeting, and the headlights blinded him again. Very slowly the truck pushed him back and the car slid back flipping once and landed back on its wheels down in the ditch.

The windshield was cracked and a deep white mark of the broken window faced him. Smoke slowly rose from his engine and he reached for his keys turning it off. His eyes blurred while he slowly tried to reach for the seatbelt releaser. The passenger side of the car was dented in when Eunhyuk began looking around. When he turned back to the front he could see the truck parked at the top of the ditch and someone climbing out of the driver’s seat. He grabbed something from the back seat and began slowly making his way down.

Eunhyuk felt his head roll back suddenly, his head ache so bad. It felt even worse than a hangover. Leaning his head against the head rest he stared at the windshield again. That shadow, that black figure was slowly walking closer toward him. The closer he got Eunhyuk got a better view of the weapon clutched in his hands. It was a kind of heavy axle. What was he planning to do with that heavy axe? Chop off his limbs? At that moment the thought seemed a little funny to Eunhyuk as he felt his head swim around in the low clouds. A loud siren rang in his ears before he almost totally passed out and he watched the black figure quickly turn back to his car and disappeared down the road.

A while later he sat in the hospital chair with his head between his arms staring down at the ground. When he heard a couple of footsteps he looked up to see Donghae and Chief Kang rushing over. Eunhyuk glanced at them feeling glad.

“Are you ok?” Hae asked staring at the white bandage on the corner of his forehead.

“I’m bleeding but still good,” Eunhyuk replied.

“We couldn’t find the person who tried attacking you,” Chief Kang told. “Were you able to get a glimpse of him?”

“No, he blinded me with his lights.”

“Hyuk, you said he’s been following you since you left Victoria’s.” Donghae reminded.

“Yea.” Eunhyuk got up. “I have something to ask.”

Donghae and Chief Kang stared back at him.

“Does Victoria have a stalker?”

They only stared at him.

“Someone’s been delivering roses with weird notes to her and probably even getting inside her home without anyone knowing, but he’s been leaving clues that he’s been there. He leaves the window open,” Eunhyuk explained.

“You said flowers?” Donghae asked.

“She doesn’t know about them,” Eunhyuk clarified, “I found them when she wasn’t there and she has a card with a strange note too.”

Donghae’s face expression became worried serious.

“Have you been checking in on those Chinese residents?” Chief Kang turned to Hae.

“I checked out a few but it was an unsuccessful attempt,” he said.

“Chinese?” Eunhyuk repeated. “He wrote something in Chinese on the card.” they turned to him. “But I don’t have it. I can get you the other ones I have though, but can I ask? Is Victoria in some kind of danger?”


***Whew! Hyuk almost died! & About how Eunhyuk feels toward Victoria, as an author, I'm going to let you decide that for yourself. But now that Eunhyuk has caught on about the stalker maybe they'll find something out about him.