Memory 70

You Said Remember Me

Victoria didn’t respond. She wanted to be alone.

“Since I’ve seen you I’ll go now,” he told and walked pass her making sure she didn’t see the card he had in hand.

When he got in the car he took out the card and stared at it for a while. Who had left this for her? He didn’t suspect Donghae because if he did he’d have given it to her in person. Was it that photographer guy? Setting the card on the passenger seat he drove back home.

/////

“Hee Sun?” Donghae’s uncle said as he opened the door.

Hee Sun smiled up at him and glanced inside.

“Is oppa home?” she asked.

“He’s been out for a while now,” he replied.

“I brought some kimchi for him and you too.” she told holding up a plastic container.

“Oh…that’s great, come in,” he told taking the container from her. “Donghae will be sure to enjoy them.”

“Um…do you mind if I go to oppa’s room?” she asked.

Donghae’s uncle smiled his old smile, “Go ahead. I don’t mind.”

Nodding Hee Sun walked up the stairs. She’d been to the house a few times when she’d begged to tag along with Eunhyuk. Looking down the hallway she remembered exactly where his bedroom was. Happily strolling along Hee Sun opened the door slowly and poked her head in as if he were inside sleeping. Smiling like a little kid making a new exploration she reached for the light and looked around. Her oppa’s room was always clean and organized unlike Eunhyuk’s which had everything lying around.

Entering his room she walked around toward his desk running her hand against the fine wood. She smiled as she made her way toward his bed. Glancing once at the blue covers she sat down to stare at the square baby blue walls and stretched her hands back to lean back comfortably but felt something under the covers. Curious she pulled over the covers to find a photo frame. Immediately grabbing it she stared at the picture of him and Victoria. With an arm around her shoulder they were leaning against each other doing the peace sign. They seemed…so comfortable and happy. Sparks of anger and jealousy flew through her. What Eunhyuk had told her and what she’d denied was true. The evidence was before her and it told her she couldn’t deny what she was seeing.

The door opened and Hee Sun immediately stuck the photo into her bag turning to see his uncle.

“I’ve washed the bowl you gave Donghae last time. Do you want to bring that back too?”

When she’d stepped out of the house she glanced at her bag feeling a bit guilty. She’d just taken it on impulse, she had no real reason why she’d stolen the photo in the first place. Her oppa wouldn’t notice would he?

/////

Closing the door after him he walked in to find his uncle doing something in the kitchen.

“You made kimchi uncle?” he asked.

“Hee Sun brought them a while ago,” he replied. “Where were you?”

“I made a trip to Seoul,” Donghae replied. “I’ll take a shower and come back down.”

When Donghae walked up the stairs to his room he glanced at the desk where he kept the picture. He almost panicked when he saw that it wasn’t there but quickly recalled that he’d crazily fallen asleep with it in his hands. Pulling off the covers he found no trace of the picture. Throwing his pillows back he couldn’t find it either. His heart raced.

Rushing down the stairs his uncle turned around alarmed.

“Did you go into my room?” he asked.

“No.”

“Did you see a picture on my desk or bed?”

“I haven’t been in your room ever since you’ve come back,” his uncle replied.

Quickly thinking he questioned, “Did Hee Sun go in my room? Did she? She did, didn’t she?”

“Uh…yes. I remember she was in your room.” his uncle replied.

He dashed out the door leaving his uncle confused. Getting back in his car he quickly drove over to Eunhyuk’s, stopped his car outside, and hurried in.

“Donghae, what are you doing here at this hour?” her mother asked after greeting him at the doorway.

Donghae walked inside looking around.

“Where’s Jung Hee Sun?” he asked.

“Hee Sun? She came back a while ago.” her mother replied.

Nodding Donghae walked down the hallway toward the bedrooms opening the door to her bedroom but found it empty. Turning around closing the door behind him he walked down the hallway and downstairs but didn’t find her either. He felt immediately frustrated angry. Rushing toward the door he paused and glanced out the glass door to see her sitting at the edge of the patio. Biting lightly on his tongue he slid open the door closing it behind him and walked outside. He didn’t feel like stepping back inside the house after he retrieved what he came to retrieve.

“Jung Hee Sun,” he called.

Hee Sun immediately turned around surprised. Something slid off her lap and onto the ground. Donghae’s eyes immediately followed it watching Hee Sun quickly grab the object and stand up hiding it behind her back.

“Oppa.”

“Give it to me.” he demanded in a serious manner, with his face expression stiff and stern.

“Oppa.”

“Jung Hee Sun, did you hear me or not?” he raised his voice a little letting his anger freely show. “Give it to me!”

Hee Sun tightened her jaw and clutched onto the photo.

“You…are you not listening?” he questioned.

“Oppa…you shouldn’t be angry.”

“Jung Hee Sun!!”

Hee Sun closed her eyes as if Donghae was going to hit her. “Why! Why! Why! Why!”

“It’s mine,” he lowered his tone.

When she didn’t say anything he walked forward without warning and extended his arm. Hee Sun stared at him and took a step back.

/////

Eunhyuk stepped out of his car with the bouquet of roses and card in his arm. Before making for the back door he heard voices in the backyard. Stepping back he walked around back and found Donghae and Hee Sun embroiling in an argument out back. The first time he’d seen them argue ever since Donghae had forfeited himself. Yet, the sight didn’t surprise him. He only wondered what Hee Sun had done this time and what Donghae was doing.

He watched on as they continued.

“Oppa! You have me! You have me! You shouldn’t have this!” she screamed with her voice at the top of her lungs.

How many times in his life had he allowed her to get upset at him? Too many times for him to forgive her for doing something as childish as taking the picture.

“Why do you keep this? Why do you look at it? Why is this in your room? Is it so precious?” she asked frowning deeply at him.

“It’s precious.” he said calmly.

“Why?” she asked. “Do you love her? Is she that great? She’s Eunhyuk’s girlfriend! Oppa! She’s Eunhyuk’s girlfriend!”

Donghae gritted his teeth, “She’s not.”

Eunhyuk felt his heart stop for a moment at his answer. He felt a mental sting in his heart. 

Hee Sun looked helpless for words at that moment, “Oppa, what’s wrong with you? You saw them together in my house! Are you crazy enough to say you never saw what you saw?!”

“Yes.” he answered without hesitation. “I’m crazy enough to say I never saw that.”

A tear climbed down from her eye. “What about me? Oppa, what about me!”

“I’m here with you aren’t I?” he sounded like a robot.

Another tear down her face. “I hate you!” Letting out a scream she tossed the picture somewhere afar and the loud sound of the glass shattering from the picture frame echoed in the air.

Donghae stared at Hee Sun hurt as if she’d just slapped him. An expression of knowing she’d done wrong overcame her face, but unable to bring herself to apologize she ran pass him and into the house. When the door closed behind him Donghae stayed with the silence. It was hard to bring himself to find the photo in the dark. Slowly edging forward he looked around in the dark desperately looking for the photo.


***Do you feel bad for Donghae this time? ^^ I shall finish the story by tomorrow, or if not then by Friday morning I shall post up the rest xD