I Wish...

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

~ Flashback five years ago ~

" Eomma ! " Minju pouted at her mom . " Ppali ! "

" Ne ne ne ..." her mother chased after her . " Patience grasshopper ! "

Minju jumped around , her backpack slung over her back , still pouting at her mother . She couldn't wait to go on the trip , it had been planned since start of the year . Yuna was waiting for her at the bus stop , she couldn't hold her excitement . 

" Eomma , faster ! " she said . " I'm gonna be late ! "

" We're ten minutes early ! " her mom exasperrated . " We have plenty of time ! " and she was now holding her daughter's hand . 

" I can't wait to have fun ! " Minju cheered .

Her mother her hair affectionately , " Alright , but remember to take care of yourself . Remember to wear warmer clothes , don't forget to drink more water , and if you want to talk to me , you have your phone-"

" Ne , eomma ! Now can we go now ?! " Minju pestered her mom .

" Minju-yah ! " her mom chased after her again .

The footsteps stopped aburptly from behind .

" Eomma ? " Minju turned her head. " Eomma ! "

She was lying on the ground .

~ End Of Flashback ~


I was still using the same phone , the same one I had five years ago . After my eomma died , I used to call her number , hoping she would answer . That was when I was still young , now I still do it , just to listen to her voicemail . 

It was that sad .

I was standing in the hall , at my locker , again it was adorned with chewing gum and was scribbled with the words ' LONER' on it with hot pink lipstick . I sighed and wiped it off , tugged at the loker door full of chewing gum . 

" Need help ? " 

Joshua Hong came to my aid . He was this boy that came from America aroud the same time I lost my mother , we weren't close but he helped me from time to time , considering his locker was next to mine for two years . This year was the second . 

" Yeah , I really do . " I managed to say . 

" Here , we'll do it together . It'll be faster . " he handed me a paper cutter and we started scraping off the gum . " You can tell me who's behind all of this you know ?"

" It's fine , they'll just call me coward if I do that . " I declined . " I still thank you for helping me now . "

" Gwenchanna , it's the least I could do . " he said . " So I'll see around , got class in three minutes ! "

" Okay , see you around ! " and he ran to his class , before he was going to be late . I shook my head , took out my books and headed to class , which was English.

I sat next to Jeon Wonwoo in class , he was kind of like my best friend of some sort . We only talked during class , we were in our own world . The only thing was , he never knew that I used to like him . And yes , his love letter was also locked away in the box . 

" Did you finish last week's homework ? " he asked .

" Yes . "

" Good , because I didn't . " he replied . I laughed and brought out my homework and let him copy like we always did .

He was cute , with the way he bit the tip of his pencil while he wrote . Those lazy , dreamy sloth eyes of his always captivated me . Okay , I know I liked a lot of guys before . But I wasn't a player , besides , I wasn't still crushing on all those boys ! 

I rather liked the current relationship we had as friends . He was quite rich , his appa owned the oil company of the town , talk about wealthy. But he was never a show-off , that's why I liked him. Juts look at him , his flanel shirt was a second-hand , a second-hand !

" What are you looking at ? " he noticed .

" Looking at what ? " I stammered , embarassed .

He narrowed his eyes , " Hmm , I suppose you can't take your eyes off me , since I'm so good looking . "

" Oh my god , you're so not saying that ! " I exclaimed . 

" What ?! No seriously , I'm pretty good looking ! "

" I'm so done ! " I covered my ears . " Lalala , I can't hear you ! "

He laughed , " Okay okay , I'm joking ! " 

I grinned , " Hurry up and get your homework done ! "


I was greeted with the shouting of Mrs Son by the time I got back to the cafe , and a few smacks of the newspaper again . I rushed into the kitchen , and put on my apron . 

" One indian curry , please ! "

" Ne . " I took the order . 

" Miss , this dish is cold ! "

" I'll them to heat it up . "

" Can I have extra gravy please ? "

" Ne . "

" Minju-yah ! " Mrs Son yelled at me . I left the boiling bone soup to the chef and rushed out again , what did she want now ? 

Mrs Son's face was as purple as an eggplant , it had to be something bad ...

" Yes ? " I braced myself . 

She pointed at the dish on one of the customer's tables , " This is the wrong order ! You mixed it up ! "

Oh no...

" I'm so sorry , it's so busy today , let me fix it for you . " I took the dish-

She poured it on my uniform , all of the food . Even the customers were shocked to see the scene she was making . And my uniform , it would take forever to wash out the stains...

" Don't you use your head ?! " she yelled at me . " Or you're just stupid ? "

I pursed my lips , my tummy was turning into a knot . I had to keep quiet...

" Aishh , go easy on her , Mrs Son . " the customer reasoned . " We can fix this , don't blame her . "

She shot me her death glare , " Be grateful this fine man here saved you , or I was going to throw you out later ! "

I looked at her with desperate eyes , " Please , I beg you ! Don't throw me out , I swear I'll do better ! " 

" Fine ! But no dinner for you tonight ! " she jabbed her finger towards the staircase . " Go ! I don't want to see your face now ! " 

Without taking off my apron , I ran upstairs into my room . I couldn't bare stopping my tears from falling , soaking my pillow . So there I was , hugging myself , but unable to cry myself to sleep .

" Why did you leave me , eomma ?...." I choked as I cried . " I-I n-need you ...."

I'll always be with you...

I couldn't run away from this place , I had nowhere else to go . My eomma and I stayed here together , I remained here even after she left . I didn't have a father , and the authorities didn't know what to do with me since I had no relatives . This was the only place I could turn to , this was my home...

Keep this box...

I took out the box from under my bed and hugged it like I never did before , letting it comfort me . It held what I wanted to say out loud , my wishes , what I wished would be part of my life . Oh , if that came true ...

That would be a miracle...


I woke up at six a.m. in the morning , Mrs Son still must've been mad at me since she didn't wake me up . My cheeks were stained with dry tears and my eyes were puffy from overnight crying .

The box was still in my arms , I had cuddled it the whole night . I was like that , I would be okay after crying . Now I had to get ready for school again . The box dropped onto the ground , the lid was open .

But nothing came out ! 

I hastily picked it up and checked , but ALL THE LETTERS WERE GONE ! 

My heart pounded fast , where did the letters go ? No one could've took them , I was holding the box all night ! Mrs Son couldn't have come in , I would know the smell of her cheap perfume anywhere . No one would go snooping around my room late at night ! 

The main point was what if someone got hold of the letters ?