I Knew You Were Trouble

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

Seungcheol asking me out was sweet , he had met me in the library , talked to me nicely and even took me out to the movies . See ? Even though the date was not as enjoyable as it turned out to be , and I couldn't sleep for three nights because scenes from the Exorcist haunted my nightmares , I still appreciated his effort .

Yoon Jeonghan was a totally different story.

If there was one painful sacrifice liking badboys , it was because they liked it rough . I take back my words I said two years ago when I wrote that love letter , that I said I liked the way he was didn't follow the rules and managed to steal hearts.

I still remembered the most important thing I wrote in there , where I said if he liked it rough , I was going to be plain hard to get . Major love confession fail... I already shook off the feeling when I found out someone had given him his love letter , I really thought he was just making fun of my corny sentences . 

But oh, was I wrong...

The following week was pure torture , I was almost thinking of skipping school. 

" You don't look good with your hair up , you know ? " he randomly said to me one day on the way to class.

" Oooo-kay . " I answered awkwardly and started to walk away , until he stopped me .

He cornered me against the wall , his body hardly far from mine. Oh my god , why was he always smirking at me ?! 

" I can show you how to , you know , look better . Wanna learn ? " he asked , I knew he wasn't serious. 

I swallowed hard , god why was he this close ?!

" First step , go out with me . " he said.

" I'll pass. " I said and wriggled out of the spot .

That was considered okay for starters , he got more agressive the next few days.

I was walking towards to my locker when he came out of nowhere and grabbed my wrist , forcing me to look at him . 

" What d'you want ? " I asked nervously.

He smirked again , " So you are plain hard to get , congratulations . You just upped the girlfriend radar , you're my priority at the moment. " 

" I'm sure a lot of other girls want to get promoted on the radar too , I'll happily let them . " I hope my sarcasm burned . " Now can you can let go of me ? "

When he didn't let go , I yanked his hand away . I could see he was not hurt ,  but amused and surprised.

" You can't resist me ! " he yelled at me as I walked away . " You're not that plain hard to get ! "


Just who asks a girl out in the most brutal way possible ? But the again, I had zero experience about relationships , much less anything about badboys .I was so desperate , I even stayed in the computer lab to find my answers. People were staring , I was not surprised :

How does a badboy think ?

Yep , that was what I typed . So I knew somethings about Yoon Jeonghan's brutal nature to get girls. Bad boys liked to make people confused , so no one would know their thoughts , that led to girls getting confused . Confused and wanting to know more about them , that was what they wanted . But unfortunately , only innocent young girls would fall for that mistreatment. 

I was so not falling for it .

Why did he have to follow me everywhere I went ? I mean , the only safe place was the girls' bathroom ! I had double check behind me everytime I went somewhere . It became so bad I was paranoid , Joshua had to guard me from behind when we were at the lockers .

" Is everything alright , Minju ? " he frowned .

" Y-yes! " I said unnaturally . " Why you ask ? "

" You seem really jumpy lately , are you sure you're okay ? Or are those girls bothering you again? "

" No , they're not bothering me anymore . Trust me , I'm fine . "

He still looked doubtful . " I just wish you can be honest with me , because we're more than friends right ? "

I knew he meant it in a good way , and I appreciated his sincerity . But I know it sounds painful , but I really don't like involving others in my problems . Especially people who were super nice to me...

" I assure you , I'm fine ! " I reasoned desperately.


No one expected this to happen . 

Let me just say hopelessly loving a badboy was easy , you were just stuck in your own fantasy . A badboy wanting you , is armageddon. Someone brutally pestering you everyday , was like you were tripping on yourself . Yuna and Halla felt that it was kind of romantic , but hell no...

I was perfectly intact , walking to homeroon , straight back to the cafe . I was going through the corridor of lockers , heading to mine to out my books away one last time before I left school . 

I didn't realize the person standing right next to me was not Joshua , but speak of the devil...

Jeonghan grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me against the locker doors , it didn't hurt but just caught me off by surprise . I was shaking a little , his hands were pushing me against the cold surface .

He slammed his free hand against the locker beside me , nearly hitting me and missing by inches . Again , he was looking me intently with a blaring gaze. 

" What do you want now ? " I struggled to say .

He didn't say anything , and grabbed me by the wrist , and dragged me with him from behind .

" Where are you taking me ? " I demanded the whole time . 

" You'll know . "

" Can you hear me , I feel very valiated now ! Will you just tell me where're we going ?! "

He dragged me to an empty classroom , the must've been the evening by now . The room was dark , what on earth ?

Then some music started playing , out of nowhere . Then the lights were a specific spot-

The Maple Story . Seokmin and Seungkwan were singing some romantic love song or was it , I realized it was ' Stiches' by Shawn Mendes . Well , that was new... Hoshi was playing the drums and the other two were strumming acoustic guitars . 

Then Jeonghan came out from the dark , where the the lights were shining on us . What was he gonna do now ?

He took something out from his pocket , a rose . 

He gave it to me , I blantly accepted it . There I was , frozen .

" I told you I was not giving up . " he said . " You'll give in eventually . "

I said nothing . 

He took my hand , " I read your letter , not everyone has the guts to write stuff out loud . "

" You think so ? " I had the nerve to say something.

He looked at me with eyes not like a devil , but an angel . " It's like asking soemone out for dinner , just a few words will do . The job's simple , but harder than expected . You , me , we're both not easy people . " 

" So ? " 

" What can I do if I can't get you out of my head ? What if I'm literally tripping myself , making myself confused for no reason ? Come on , you can't just watch me hurt myself because of you , right ? "

" I'm the reason ? "

" The lion fell in love with the lamb , that's the story . " he said.

" What a stupid lion . " I remarked .

" What a seductive lamb . "

I couldn't help laughing , " Does it have something to do with me ? You're tripping because of me ? "

" I talked this long just so you can understand the situation , and I intend you to fix it . "

" How can I fix it ? "

He was almost smiling , " You should figure it out , how about going to the amusement park with me this Saturday ? " 

He was so tactical , and I can't believe I fell for it . 

" You have a deal . " I concluded . " The lamb just lost to the lion . "

He grinned , " I think it's more of a win-win result . "