Secret Affair

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

* The Letter To Jeon Wonwoo :

Dear Wonwoo ,

                       My class partner , my friend , and the person I've fallen in love with . There's just so much to say....I-...ugh! Letters are supposed to be written fluently without stopping , but this isn't just a letter . It's what I always wanted to say to you , but never going to be said out loud . Right now , there are three things I am certain . Firstly, I write letters to people that I have feelings for . Secondly, when I write , I don't hold back . Lastly, I'm inevitably and impacably in love with you . I don't want to hold back my feelings for you , but I can't do that . I don't want to ruin our friendship , so I'd rathe be friendzoned . You look so charming whenever you ask to borrow my homework , that was the first thing you ever said to me when we first met . I like the way you chew the tip of the pencil everytime you think about something , the way you ruffle your hair when you do a spelling mistake is cute and you literally make me fall for you hard when you make me laugh .  but somehow I never truly get over you like other people I had a crush on . This makes you different , and how I wish you would feel the same way. Maybe that was why I never told you , or any other people whom I had feelings for . Because there's this prejudice whenever you develop feelings for someone so hard , but you know that person will never feel the same way . I don't know what you feel about me , but I'm already sure that you won't feel the same way.

                                                                                                                                                                           Yours truly , Minju .


Mr Jeon stared out from his office window in his house , it was coming close to summer at the moment , but he still felt cold to the bone from inside . The company , his career began ten-twenty years ago when he married Eujin , his wife , and mother to Wonwoo . 

CEO of a massive oil company , he could finally afford a mansion , to move in with his wife and son . Wife , that word held a lot of meaning . A person that cared for you supported you and made you happy you had her around .

Eujin used to be his first love , she looked prettier then without any makeup . She became demanding , controlled him and wanted him to follow her requests . That was not what he wanted , nothing like that .

That was when he met her-

He clutched the letter in his sweaty palms , it was meant to be kept a secret , from his son . But the biggest mistake had happened , it had to be stopped . He couldn't let his own son to repeat the same thing . That was why he was waiting for him here now .

The door opened , Wonwoo came in , he was still talking on his phone . 

" Okay , " he smiled. " Nae...I won't forget to do my homework , aren't you borrowing Yuna's phone ? Then say something nice to me ! Nono , I'm joking ! Okay , bye ,love you too. " and he ended the call.

" Sorry , dad . " he said . " I was talking to Minju . "

" You two are still together ? " he asked , not looking at his son's face.

" Um , of course . " Wonwoo answered . " Why you ask ? "

Mr Jeon cleared his throat , " Well , I don't think you two should be dating . "

Wonwoo narrowed his eyes, " Dad , if it's something about her background , I don't care . It's not her fault she's-"

" Let me finish . " his dad interrupted . " But first , I need you to calm down . " 

He took out the letter from his grasp and put it on the table , " Take a look if you should. "

Out of curiosity , Wonwoo picked it up and read the letter . It was a love letter , with slanted cursive writing that was neat and clean . It reminded him a lot of Minju , the sentences were something she would write . To be honest , the writing was almost identical as well. At the bottom of the letter were signed with the words . LOVE , KIM SUNYE.

" Who's Kim Sunye ? " he asked . 

" She was a pianist , at a cafe I used to go before you were born . " his father answered stiffly. " She used to give me love letters , even after I married your mother."

Wonwoo couldn't believe it , his dad used to cheat . " You cheated on mom ? How could you and still end up okay ? "

" It was a long time ago , and we nedded to preserve the family's reputation . " he explained . " Our business was getting better , and this scandal would gain media attention and criticism . The only solution was to end the relationship with that pianist . "

Wonwoo didn't want to imagine the fate of that relationship , it was really tragic . " You don't mean..."

" Yes . " he must've knew what his son wanted to ask . " I left her , and I've never heard from her since . "

" Wow , I feel a little bad for that woman . " Wonwoo admitted . " But you already had mom , does she know ? "

" Yes , but we reconciled not long after that , she was pregnant with you by that time . I couldn't just abandon her . "

" I guess so , but what happened to that woman ? " 

Mr Jeon looked down and sighed , but he still wasn't looking at his son . " It was going on well , everything was slowly going back to normal . I was relieved , but she came back after a few months . " 

" What did she want ? " Wonwoo asked anxiously . 

" When I abandoned her , she didn't know that she was , in fact , pregnant . " 

There was an eerie silence . 

" Oh my god , you knocked her up ? " Wonwoo asked in dismay . 

His father nodded . " She didn't ask for much , she just wanted me to know , as the father . I knew she was hoping that I would at least care for her , or her child. "

" It's still your child too , isn't that a bit too much ? " deep inside , Wonwoo felt sick , thinking his father was such a cruel man .

" I know , and I regret it every day of my life after that . " his father said. " I can't forget how heartbroken she was , and everytime I close my eyes before sleeping , all I see is the shattered look she gave me . "

Wonwoo pursed his lips , he couldn't believe the happy couple his mother and father were , was actually a big lie . Behind his mother's smiles , was a heart his dad had once broken . And who knows what happened to that woman ? 

After a while , his father pulled out something from his drawer ; a large yellow envelope. 

" This story , I thought I will be able to keep it a secret from anyone else , and carry it to my grave . " he spoke carefully. " But I didn't expect to tell it to my son . Don't you think this story is quite familiar to you ? "

Wonwoo shook his head , " I don't understand , what does it have to do with me ? "

His father had a grim look and gave him the envelope . " Take a look yourself . "

As Wonwoo opened the envelope , his father kept talking . " Your girlfriend lives in a cafe , and has been an orphan since she was a baby . Doesn't that ring a bell ?"

Wonwoo's hands were starting to get sweaty , he took out the papers from inside . 

" You both have the same surnames, " his father said . " Isn't that such a coincidence ? "

It was a DNA report :

DNA REPORT OF JEON DONGWOO AND JEON MINJU : POSITIVE .

Wonwoo's hands were shaking , this had to be lie ...

" Where did you get her DNA ? " he struggled to say . " I want answers ! "

His father adjusted his spectacles , " The day she came for dinner , I took the spoon she was using , and gave it to the forensics . I wanted to make sure....that it wasn't something I guessed . But I was right , she was Sunye's daughter . "

Wonwoo wanted to choke himself , his father . This couldn't be... It was too much of a coincidence , it had to be ! She might've been a long lost cousin or something...

" I don't believe you . " he said shakily . " You're lying..."

His father looked at him with sad eyes , he didn't want to see those eyes ! 

" I knew you'd say that , there's another report in there . Take a look if you want to know the truth . "

Wonwoo's hands were shaking so violently , he didn't want to find out what was coming next . No way Minju and him were related , that had to be a joke...

DNA REPORT OF JEON WONWOO AND JEON MINJU : POSITIVE .

That was it , he stumbled onto the chair . The report was torn in half , Wonwoo didn't want to have that trash exist in his mind . There was no way Minju was his half-sister , there was no way he was in love with his half-sister . It couldn't be , he wasn't going to believe that . 

" You're lying ! You're lying ! " he yelled at his dad . " Tell me this is a joke ! "

" Wonwoo , I know it's hard for you . " his father said . " I don't want to believe it too , but we have no choice ! You can't date her , she's your half-sister ! "

" Nononono ! " he shook his head . " She can't be , this isn't funny ! "

" Wonwoo , listen to me ! " his father snapped . " You can't do anything about this , neither can I ! But all you can do is to give up on this relationship , nothing else !"

" She's everything to me , it's not that easy ! " 

" I know ! " now both of them were yelling. " Do you think forgetting about Sunye was easy ?! It wasn't ! But what's happened has happened , there's nothing you can do but to forget about Minju before it's too late . "

" What about her ? "

Mr Jeon felt like every word they were speaking were as painful as slashes of a knife , or a whip . 

" I'm afraid you have to tell her the truth . "

 

p.s. Hi , guys ! I just wanted to tell you that this is the last chapter I'm posting for now . School's reopening and laptops aren't allowed so I can't continue this in school since i study in a boarding school ! But don't worry , I'll try to update soon ! <3