Nothing Matters

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

It seems so crazy how people fall in love ... I mean, the first second you were just friends and Boom! You're in love .

I had no idea Wonwoo would be this sweet, or considerate, he was just the boy that asked for my homework everytime we met during class , it was no big deal ; but now he was everything to me...

It was coming close to summer holidays when we agreed to meet each other in the park near the school, I was expecting it since he made me promise to go out with him at least once a week to make sure I still liked him.

Like I would stop loving him.

" Ooooh ! " Yuna and Halla cooed when I received his text message. " He's so sweet ! "

" Hajimma ! " I groaned . " He's just being himself , there's nothing sweet about that. " 

" Awww, but he sounds sweet to me, I wish Vernon oppa would be like that to me ! " Halla whined. 

" Face it , Minju . " Yuna told me . " You two love each other . "

" Of course ..." I said quietly. " He's the person I trust most now , besides you two. "

" We get it , but both of us hope he treats you better than all the other boys you dated before . Seungcheol-"

" That was an understatement ." I protested. " He was nice , we just didn't match. "

" Well, I don't think you can say anything good for Yoon Jeonghan , AKA Mr Bastard himself. "

" I was stupid to believe everything he said , we both were in the fault . " 

" Ugh ! Minju, could you please stop blaming yourself, not everything is your fault ? " 

I pursed my lips, " Okay , I get it . Which is why now I'm letting Wonwoo date me , I trust him to treat me well . "

Yuna looked at me with her warm eyes, " If you say so , then I hope you get what you deserve . "

" Trust me , Wonwoo won't hurt me . "


Even though I've seen his face for more than a year now , it was when I started dating him , did my heartbeat race like crazy . Every minute I waited for him in the park , my pulse was beating hard. 

Last week , he had bought me a huge teddy bear the size of me . I knew I couldn't take it back , so he decided to bring it back and hug it to sleep every night , he told me . So that it was like I was there...

The week before that , he drove a twin bicycle all the way from his house so we could spend time together until dinner. 

I heard footsteps closing in , it had to be him . 

My palms were turning all sweaty as I sat nervously on the bench . He was very close to me now. 

I looked up , " Oppa-"

His face was grim and dark , like he was currently the gloomiest person in the world . I knew Wonwoo , he wouldn't act this way without a reason. 

" Oppa ? " I asked concerned. " Are you okay ? "

He cleared his throat, " Fine ..."

There was something he was hiding from me , it wasn't good . But Wonwoo wasn't the type to keep secrets from me , he would tell me in time. I just had to wait ...

I nodded and forced a smile. " I was worried , that's all. C'mon , sit with me . "

He just stood there frozen , like he wasn't even listening . A knot tied in my stomach. I had to make a move , so I pouted a little and held his wrist.

" Oppa..." I dragged him to sit next to me . " Ppalli... "

He followed my orders and sat next to me , his expression blank. I tried with all my might to even laugh a little and I kissed him on the cheek, he didn't even move.

" Oppa, do you know that I'm mad ? " I told him.

" Oh ? " was all he said.

" You said you would be earlier than me on our dates, but you kept me waiting ..." I looked at him to see if his face was smiling at alol , it was not...

" And ? "

" You- you broke a promise..." my voice faltered. " Ha! Now do you remember the deal we made ? "

" What ? "

" Everythime one of us breaks a promise , we have to confess our current feelings about each other . " I said eagerly. " Remember ? "

" I do ."

" So... I'll tell you my feelings . " I said." I love you right now , like every single day its the same . I know that I can't give you much, but at least I'm here for you ! So, if there's anything , anything that's making you unhappy , Wonwoo , you know you can tell me . Trust me , no matter what it is-"

" Let's break up. "

I would never have imagined Wonwoo saying that to me , I must've misheard it ... He would never say something like that... He wouldn't.

" Huh ? " I refused to remember what he'd said to me . I leaned closer to him. " Wonwoo ? "

He jerked away, " Stop doing that , that thing you do with your eyes . Just stop ..."

I was dumfounded, " Do what with my eyes ? "

He looked away, like every word he said was killing him. " That look you give me everytime you want me to be honest with you , and I can't go against it. "

" That's exactly what I want you to do now ! " I fought back . " If it's something I did wrong, please tell me ! "

" Don't you understand ? I can't ! " he raised his voice. 

I fliched a little , he never yelled at me . Never.

He pursed his lips, " I don't want to hurt you , please... Don't make this worse for the two of us, let's just end it here. I quit, I can't be with you. "

I was close to collapsing , I thought he loved me . He said so , that he'd never leave me or break my heart. Now he was breaking every promise he made. I wasn't giving up on him, I wasn't going to take his words seriously.

I ran up to him, desperately clinging to his arm, holding back my tears . " Nononononono, you're joking . It's not funny..."

" Let go. " and he yanked his arm away harshly . " I'm sorry. "

He started walking away-

" DID YOU EVER LIKE ME AT ALL ?! " I screamed at him, out of anger and heartbreak. " OR YOU WERE NEVER EVEN SERIOUS ?! "

He stood there frozen for a while, not turning his back. Then-

Like you ? I LOVE YOU ! " he screamed at me, tears falling down his cheek by then . " HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT ?! "

" Then why are you hurting me the most now , but you say you love me ?! " I demanded.

" IT'S NOT MY FAULT WE'RE RELATED ! "

My whole body went numb for some reason , cold to the bone.

" What did you say ? " it came out from my mouth like a whisper. 

He wiped away his tears, " That was what he said to me , he was in love with your mom . He-he didn't know that she was pregnant, he never cared. "

I knew what he meant , but I didn't want to believe it. I shook my head.

" ' It's such a coincidence that we both have the same surnames .' he said that to me ,Minju. " Wonwoo said. " He said it right in my face, I wasn't the only one suffering. "

I was rabid. " Maybe i-it was ! " I was going insane. " It must've been a coincidence..."

Wonwoo shook his head and took something out from his pocket , he threw it onto the ground. I picked it up with shaking hands.

" He showed it to me , Minju..." he struggled to say . " the results never lie..."

I fell to the ground as soon as I saw the results. I didn't want to believe it, but I had no choice. This wasn't a problem that we could fix, it was impossible to fix it...

He must've known the way I felt deep inside , he stood a few feet away from me his hands stuffed in his pockets.

" I think we need sometime to figure this out , I know how you feel . But, we can't do anything about it . I-I'm sorry, Minju. "

And he just left me there , all alone and all I had was myself . 

Was getting something as simple as love that hard ? 

Or I just wasn't made for happiness ? 

In that case , this life wasn't worth living .

I woud rather die.


I trudged back to the cafe like a zombie , emotionless and dazed.

I could've drugged myself , but I couldn't afford the pills.

I should have jumped off a building .

But there was always an alternative way...

I snuck the knife into my room, no one would notice.

There I was just lying in bed, eyes red and puffy, cheeks stained with tears, some dried some still flowing down. I wanted to make it quick , let it just get it over with. Mrs Son would always just find my dead body when she came upstairs for who knows when . 

I slit my wrists , letting scarlet pour out. It hurt , yes.

But nothing could beat the pain and agony I felt in my heart.

 

 

After disappearing into the abyss, I'm back just for this chapter ! :) i HOPE i CAN POST ANOTHER ONE BEFORE I HEAD BACK TO SCHOOL , EXAMS ARE NEXT WEEK BUT I JUST COULDN'T STAND TO WAIT ANY LONGER , SO ENJOY !