I'm Sorry

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

Yuna stared out the window of her bedroom , or more likely the snowglobe Mingyu gave her , that was now resting on her windowsill . He made it by himself , it was for her birthday.

He said he liked her because she was so different , from the outside and inside . She hated dresses, but loved sparkly nail polish . Despised cats , but loved puppies . She seemed really mature but she was so childish with him . Oh , yeah those were good times. 

She slightly regretted she yelled at him the other day when she saw him together with Minju , but who wouldn't be suspicious when they were hiding behind the school ? If they did nothing wrong, why were they whispering and acting all weird ? And Minju , she was her best friend ! How could she betray her behind her back ? 

The door of her bedroom opened , her eomma peeked her head into her room . " Someone's waiting outside the house for you , dear . "

She frowned , " Who ? "

" I don't know , it's a boy . " 

Yuna looked out the window , indeed on her doorstep was Kim Mingyu . 

" Make him go away . " she shook her head and looked away .

" Is he someone you know from school ? " 

Yuna thought for a while , she needed to settle this . If she wanted to cut ties from him , she had to do it cleanly . So she picked up her jacket and went outside , Mingyu was still waiting for her . 

" You came ! " he said . " I thought you weren't gonna talk to me anymore . "

She had a poker face on , " I just wanna get things straight , I'm not an idiot anymore . "

Mingyu's face turned white , " Yuna , you're not breaking up with me , right ? "

" What else is there to say ? " 

" No . " he walked closer to her . " Yuna , it's not what you think . "

" Please be honest with me ! " she snapped. " Mingyu , if you can't even do that , I don't know if we can still be friends ! "

" I don't want to be just your friend ! " he begged . " Because I still love you , Yuna ! "

" Then why did you cheat on me ? With my best friend ? " she demanded . 

" I can explain everything to you , if you would just listen . Please just follow me and I'll tell you everything . " he looked at her with those puppy eyes of his . " I'm begging you , Yuna . "

Yuna hesitated , was he worth the time ? But then again, she believed his word , Mingyu wasn't the kind to lie . That was why she found him to be charming .

She crossed her arms , " Fine , I'll follow you . But I want an explanation . "


" Minju gave me a love letter , or at least I found it on my desk the day before . I read it and I was surprised , because I thought it was you . So I told her to meet up with me at the back of the school . I told her to stop liking me , because I was already dating you . She kept denying she sent the letter so we argued , and then you showed up . I wanted to tell you everything but you didn't listen . " he explained .

They were sitting on the swings , side by side . 

" Then why so secretive ? You could've just talked somewhere open . " Yuna said.

" I didn't want you to misunderstand , or anyone spreading rumors . "

Yuna was still uncertain . " But Minju could've told me ..."

" Here's the letter if you don't believe me . " he took the letter out from his pocket and gave it to her . Yuna took it and read , indeed it was Minju's hand-writing , but she said she didn't send it , and Minju wasn't the kind of person to tell lies . 

She knew that.

" Why didn't she tell me ? " Yuna asked , mostly to herself . She looked at the letter in her hands , with the neat writing she always knew for so many years . " Why didn't she tell me she liked you ? "

She didn't realize Mingyu had held her hand now , with a hopeful smile . " Because , it wouldn't make any difference . "

She raised her eyebrows , " Why is that ? "

He smiled shyly , " Because...you're the person I love . "

Yuna could feel her heartbeat racing . " I still don't understand why did you like me , out of so many prettier girls that actually like dressing up and normal girl stuff ?"

" You just asnwered it the question you asked me , " he chuckled . " I don't like normal girls , you're different , you're special . "

" You're sweet-talking , aren't you ? " she was close to smiling now . 

He held her hand tighter , " I'm telling the truth . I'm serious about you , about us . I swear , if what I said was false , I would get struck by lightning-"

" Okay , I believe you ! " she stopped him from finishing the sentence . " Just don't say something like that . "

He grinned , " I'm sorry , Yuna , for not telling you earlier , I just didn't want to lose you . "

She smiled , " You almost did for not telling me , promise me not to hide any secrets from me anymore , okay ? "

She got up from her swing and went to sit on Mingyu's lap , and he held her securely with his arms . 

" Araso , jagiya ! " he answered ,and started to kis her non-stop on her cheek . 

" Ew ! You're kissing me like a puppy ! " she cringed . " Hajimma ! "

" I love you soooo much ! " he said and hugged her close , and burried his face into Yuna's shirt . " I can't lose you , not ever , or I'll lose my mind . "

Yuna hugged him back , " I love you too ." 


Wonwoo and I walked out the class together , hand in hand this time . Some people were looking at us ,  but I didn't care . Yuna and Halla still weren't forgiving me , so I sat together with him during break . 

" Hey , you got something on your mouth . " he said to me while I was eating . 

" I do ? " I asked cluelessly . 

He laughed and wiped my mouth using a tissue , indeed there was a sauce stain there . I was so embarassed I flushed red . 

He pinched my cheek , " Kyeopta , you're still pretty to me no matter what . "

" Ooooh , PDA couple !!!!! " the crowd around the table oozed . 

" Stop showing off your girlfriend , we know you're happy ! " Minghao teased . 

" What can I say ? I have a wonderful girlfriend . " he joked and held my hand underneath the table . 

" Huh , when can we get girlfriends ? " Jun sighed .

" You will when the time comes , right Joshua ? " he turned to Joshua , who was listening silently across the table .

" Easy for the person who already has a girlfriend ..." he answered and went back to his novel.

" It needed a lot of effort . " he confessed , and looked at me . " And a few punches in the face . "

The table laughed , only they didn't understand how true his words were . 

" Hey , have you asked anyone from prom yet ? " Dino asked suddenly. 

" Well , you know who I'm bringing . " Wonwoo smiled at me , I smiled back. " What about you , Joshua ? "

Joshua just chuckled and flipped another page , " I don't think I'm going . "

" Why not ? " I didn't realize I was the one that spoke first .

He shot a gaze at me , and smiled faintly , " I don't like parties , I won't have fun anyway. "

Wonwoo rolled his eyes , " Well , if you could put down those books for a while , I'm sure girls would be swarming to date you . "

Joshua raised his eyebrow , " Well , at least I'm not as forgetful as you are , and I'd rather stay at home than waste my time sitting at the bleachers during prom . "

Everyone burst out laughing .