Maple Story

To All The Boys That I've Loved Before

Number one date of mine , major fail then . Well , it didn't turn out that bad ... I mean , Seungcheol and I were still on good terms so I was okay with that . It was true , I was crushing on a boy that wasn't meant to be . All I liked about him was that he was kind and helpful , it turns out he loved somethings that just didn't suit me .

" How could you let him slip away ? " Yuna groaned as I told them the following week . " He liked you ! "

" We didn't have the same interests ! " I reasoned .

" Who cares if you didn't want to watch a horror movie or he didn't want to watch TFIOS ? " Halla said , throwing her hands in the air . " He said he wanted to be more than friends ! "

" You guys are taking this too seriously ! " I said hopelessly . " We're still friends , that's okay isn't it ? "

I guess girls that are currently dating get skeptical about their friends dating . I left them alone reasoning me as I headed to my locker . As I walked , someone bumped into me . I knew she did it on purpose...

Kim So Young and her squad . 

" Oh , look who I bumped into ! " she said sarcastically , " I haven't seen you around for a while ! "

" Hi So Young..." I replied miserably . 

" Did I say you could talk to me ? " she wrinkled her nose , " Ew , is that stains on your shirt ? I mean , I can sense it reeks from here ! "

A chorus of ' EWs' came from her gang . I hugged my elbows , all self-conscious-ish . Kang So Young was the type to pick on girls she found unimportant , that included me . At least other girls that got picked on could turn to their parents and complain to the teachers , me , not so much . I had no one to turn to , the teachers would just turn a blind eye...

" Yah ! " she pushed me . " Are you listening ? " and she messed with my head , poking me with her finger . 

" Hey ! " Joshua came approaching us . 

So Young quickly let go of me , her face facing the ground . I let out a relieved breath , phew .

" What's going on here ? " he questioned us , but his eyes were concentrated with rage at So Young. 

" N-nothing , we.. were just talking ..." she stammered .

Joshua raised his eyebrow , " Oh were you ? I thought I saw you touching her , I guess it was a trick of the light . "

She looked away nervously , " Whatever , let's go ! " and she left the two of us alone , along with her squad .

When they were far enough , " Were they messing with you again ? " Joshua asked me . 

" It's nothing , I'm okay . " I waved him away .

He looked at me , real concerned , " Minju , you gotta do something about this . You'll get hurt . "

" Joshua , don't worry about me . If you're really concerned about me , I'll let you walk with me to my locker . "

So that what we did , he walked me to our lockers . Class was still fifteen minutes away , we had plenty of time . 

" The Fault In Our Stars ? Of course I watched it . " he told me .

" Really ? How was it ? " I swear my eyes had to be gleaming . 

" The story was okay , it was the meaning behind the story that I liked . " he explained . " It was amazing to see that anyone could find love , even if they're not perfectly fine . Some infinities are bigger than other infinities, that's a good quote. "

" Planning on sticking that onto your bedroom wall ? " I grinned.

" I'll take my chances . I can rent the movie when it's out on DVD for you if you like . " he offered.

" No , it's okay . You already told me the story , I'm already satisfied. " I replied .

" Why are you always like that ? " he said to me .

" Like what ? "

" You're satisfied with anything , not many girls have that trait when their wardrobe is full of platform heels . "

" Pfft ! The only pair of shoes I have are my school shoes and my Chuck Taylors , nothing else . "

" Why ? "

" Like I can afford that many shoes , and it's just sort of wasting money . " I noted . 

He chuckled , " Tell that to my sister , she buys a dozen every month . " he looked at his watch , it was a sophisticated Burberry watch . " Hmm, I gotta go . I'll see you when we meet at the lockers again . "

I laughed , " Okay , bye for now ! "


" Omigosh , have you heard ? " I heard the girls shriek during reccess . " It's Maple Story ! "

" Who's Maple Story ? " I asked , chewing on my sandwich . 

Yuna and Halla looked at me like I was an alien .

" Girl , have you been out of this school for some time ? There's no way you haven't heard of Maple Story ! " Halla exclaimed . 

" In fact , no I haven't heard of Maple story . "

" They're like , the hottest band in school at the moment ! " Halla took out a photo . " See for yourself ! "

There were five guys in the picture , all with musical insruments . What I didn't know was I knew a guy from the band , he was someone I used to have a crush on .

Yoon Jeonghan . He didn't change one bit , he still had a thing for long hair , it suited him alright . So he was the lead singer and guitarist , I think they should add a visual title to him . He looked amazing , as expected . 

The reason I used to have a crush on him :

1) He was cute .

2) He was cool .

3) Who wouldn't like a musician ? 

" They're having a mini concert later , to celebrate their win on some competition last week . All classes are cancelled , daebak ! " Yuna exclaimed . 

" Let's go early so we can get good seats ! " 

Girls were literally screaming their heads off as Maple Story performed their songs . To be honest , it was kinda cool . My eyes were on Jeonghan , he was singing cooly as he strummed the electric guitar . It still made me wonder why the name was Maple Story , there were thousands other of names . 

They did justice to music . 

I've never seen this school get that lively , students were just dancing and cheering non-stop , like they were in a trance . Even Yuna and Halla were jumping about , I felt like an alien , just bobbing my head to the beat . 

" MAKE SOME NOISE ! " Jeonghan said into the microphone . 

Like the noise wasn't loud enough...

My ears finally could take a rest by the time the show was over . I wanted to leave , but as usual I waited for Yuna and Halla while they went to get their autographs from the band members . 

So there we were , nudging between the crowd of people , screaming out the band names . Finally , it came our turn . 

" Oppa , we love your music ! " Yuna and Halla said to them . 

" Glad you like us ! " they answered back , with cheery smiles . 

" Seokmin oppa , your voice is like heaven ! "

He laughed , " Seungkwan's too ! And you have to have Hoshi as the drummer ! "

" Why do you and Jeonghan hyung get all the credit ? " Seungkwan sulked . " I sang the adlibs ! "

" You get to sign autographs too ! " Jeonghan said . 

" Aw , don't fight . " they swooned over them . 

During the midst of everything , I could've sworn Jeonghan looked at me for a second . He was the definition of a prince right out of a fairy tale , with looks of his . The way he wore his uniform all loose and his tie was perfectly untied , most guys would just look messy . He was an exception ...

" You're Minju , right ? " he suddenly asked . 

" Er, yeah . " I hesitated to answer .

He smirked , " Nice hand-writing you have , and thank you for the letter. " and he and his bandmates walked off. 

What did he mean by my hand-writing ?

What letter ?

Then I remembered about the missing letters, oh no-

He got his letter too !